• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

The Star Trek Thread, V5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably end up like the new star wars and he'll end up Cuckard.
images

I remember Picard having a tenuous relationship with Dr. Crusher.

he ended up tapping it in the end. the neelix Kes relationship in voyager was a gd near Greek tragedy. if i was on any of those starships or DS9 i would've been tapping alien poon left and right especially 7 of 9 and Ezri dax and kes and Janeway

Jack Handy always had a thing for older bald men in uniform.

He’s PMed that exact quote many many times. The dude likes what he likes

he ended up tapping it in the end. the neelix Kes relationship in voyager was a gd near Greek tragedy. if i was on any of those starships or DS9 i would've been tapping alien poon left and right especially 7 of 9 and Ezri dax and kes and Janeway
Wasn't Kes like 2 years old?
2o9hNUv.jpg

Anyone willing to do anything Star Trek these days is creepy in my book.

Jack Handy always had a thing for older bald men in uniform.

He’s PMed that exact quote many many times. The dude likes what he likes

I remember clearly you posting something in a star trek thread about Guinan being your first fantasy fap...for shame kang....for shame.

In other news, TNG ended today, 25 years ago.

All good things, aired may 23rd, 1994

This really needs to be put into perspective. TOS ended in 1969, whereas DS9 started in 1993. That is just 24 years. Also, the entire TOS movies took place inside just 22 years of the final TOS episode, if you disregard Generations. And Nemesis was released 16 years ago.

This really needs to be put into perspective. TOS ended in 1969, whereas DS9 started in 1993. That is just 24 years. Also, the entire TOS movies took place inside just 22 years of the final TOS episode, if you disregard Generations. And Nemesis was released 16 years ago.
Damn I feel old...

Damn I feel old...

I think the first Star Trek episode I saw was probably Unification, which was released in Germany in 1994, so I was likely 9 or 10 at the time. A year later I was already all-in. There was a time when after school, I would to my homework and then watch TOS at 2 pm, TNG at 3 pm and DS9 at 4 pm. Also, VOY on Friday nights.

Even though I've seen them, I'm rewatching the Star Trek 2009 Kelvin movies again.

On Into the Darkness now. Reading through the wiki, it appears there was alittle backlash against whitewashing Khan with Cumberbatch. Everyone agrees his performance and he, as an actor, is great, but they had an issue with changing his origin.

Then I read that one of the writers *actually* said that they thought about it, and felt wrong demonizing ANYONE of color, or middle eastern, to the point of changing source.

That makes me sick tbh. To be so disenguous and pandering, regardless of source material. It's like "Oh, you're brown, you cant possibly be bad. Its a bad political climate. Too worried about what others think"

Artistic expression, let alone reality, dies when we pander.

Even though I've seen them, I'm rewatching the Star Trek 2009 Kelvin movies again.

On Into the Darkness now. Reading through the wiki, it appears there was alittle backlash against whitewashing Khan with Cumberbatch. Everyone agrees his performance and he, as an actor, is great, but they had an issue with changing his origin.

Then I read that one of the writers *actually* said that they thought about it, and felt wrong demonizing ANYONE of color, or middle eastern, to the point of changing source.

That makes me sick tbh. To be so disenguous and pandering, regardless of source material. It's like "Oh, you're brown, you cant possibly be bad. Its a bad political climate. Too worried about what others think"

Artistic expression, let alone reality, dies when we pander.
Into Darkness was visually stunning, but it was a terrible decision to make it based on Khan. The eugenics soldiers were all supposed to look vaguely similar. It would have been far more interesting to tell the tale of a eugenics soldier AKA Harrison, but they just had to use Khan.

Into Darkness was visually stunning, but it was a terrible decision to make it based on Khan. The eugenics soldiers were all supposed to look vaguely similar. It would have been far more interesting to tell the tale of a eugenics soldier AKA Harrison, but they just had to use Khan.
Yeah, I decided to go back and watch Star Trek II, III and IV. Good movies. Never seen them actually.

These new uniforms look they they have aspects of the count down era ubforsm, and star fleet academy uniforms.

PExwA.png

latest
I don't understand why they didn't just make the Tom Paris character in Voyager the same as the character that same actor played in the above episode of TNG.

Just saw the DS9 episode Trials and Tribble-ations. The best one yet. The humor was really on point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsalaanx
Back