When You Hear this Phrase, What's the First Thing You Think of?

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
"I'm a strong, career-minded, independent woman"

Someone's making fun of women.

Especially if it's italicized.

some guy got them pregnant and left

and i assume 'independent' includes government aid

This... I think of this.... Are you happy now???

"I don't need a man" mindset. Feminist. To name a few.

"I'm a strong, career-minded, independent woman"

Despite the fact that the roof, sewage system, water piping, house, car, roads, electrical wiring, power structures, universities, hospitals, iconic films, planes, etc. I use every day or most of the time were built by men. But don't let that get in the way. I'm strong yo nacho libre!

tumblr_mnjiw1o18S1st9j4ko1_500.gif

I kind of feel like that statement should go without saying for any self respecting woman in the 21st century. No woman would profess the converse "I'm a weak indolent woman who needs to be supported", right?

If you're saying something that should go without saying, as usual, you're probably trying to get a reaction.

I kind of feel like that statement should go without saying for any self respecting woman in the 21st century. No woman would profess the converse "I'm a weak indolent woman who needs to be supported", right?

If you're saying something that should go without saying, as usual, you're probably trying to get a reaction.

There can't be any independence for as long as you're living in society.we all depend on each other in various ways.

Come to think of it, i haven't met a single guy who claimed to be independent. Does this make them 'weak' lol?

This whole she's strong independent woman is adolescent behavior.

People don't realize how much the job sector has changed in the past 200 years. If you look today there are a lot of desk jobs and customer service. Go back in time to the late 19th century and you'll see that there are no sewage systems, no skyscrapers, no subways, very little infrastructure. Someone had to build that shit and i doubt any woman would volunteer to go down in a coal mine and get blasted or crushed underneath. Or shovelling coal till exhaustion. Or carrying your bodyweight in the middle of july from dusk till dawn (remember job ethics are sort of new) on a construction site. Most jobs then were not only physically demanding but the employers too were. Nowadays everything is automated. You have heavy machinery. The same task 200 years ago requires you put way less human power to accomplish it. Most cities are already built and it's mostly maintaining nowadays. And also employers have to respect ethics which were unheard of before. Let's be honest. Do you see a chick shovel and pickaxe from 6 AM to 6 PM? Because that's how a lot of jobs were centuries ago. It's all about context

You can't claim women were not allowed to work. The very nature of the jobs then made it impossible for them to work. It's not men

Last edited:
If you have to tell everybody how strong you are...

Back