Schaub tells the story of his last fight

One MMA Fan

@Gold
Reaction score

The story of his last fight in the UFC vs Travis Browne at UFC 181 Robbie vs Johny.

This is/was part of his comedy act and now special I guess and they are doing marketing for it overall like releasing small segments here and there.

Some nuggets about the locker room, overall experience, Dana, Ronda.. oh and comedy.

“I look in the mirror, I have pomade in my hair..”
w2cot2gm6sy21.jpg

• Fight was at Mandalay Bay, not the MGM.
  • Was in front of 9k not 25k.
  • Neither Will Smith nor Leo diCaprio attended UFC 181

The story of his last fight in the UFC vs Travis Browne at UFC 181 Robbie vs Johny.

This is/was part of his comedy act and now special I guess and they are doing marketing for it overall like releasing small segments here and there.

Some nuggets about the locker room, overall experience, Dana, Ronda.. oh and comedy.

Travis Browne has never been the #2 ranked Heavyweight, that's some revisionist history by Schaub.

• He didn't quit fighting the night of the Browne fight, he was very much still trying to fight after and even started the Big Brown Slim Down to try to start fighting at 205. Joe Rogan sat him down for the talk on Dec 11, 2014. Late May/Early June 2015 he was still try to getting to 205 as the BBSD was still going, but the Reebok sponsorship news broke around then, and that's when he finally started to really back away from fighting.
  • He was nowhere close to getting a UFC title shot, but in his special he made it seem like he was on the cusp of winning the UFC Heavyweight belt during the Travis Browne fight.
  • Royce Gracie vs Ken Shamrock was not the first fight in UFC history, it was the second round of UFC 1. There were at least 4 fights before it. Also he says he had it on VHS tape in 93, it took place Nov 12, 1993. How fast would it have gotten to VHS and distributed at that time? I guess it could have been recorded on VHS from the PPV, so he could have actually had it at that time, but he's still wrong about the first fight.
  • When Travis Browne was finishing the fight, Schaub was going in and out of consciousness according to the special, but in every podcast that he talked about this finish he said he was alert, protecting his head, listening to his coaches call out the time left in the round, and talking to the ref telling him not to stop the fight.
  • He says that Travis Browne's walk out music was super intimidating but in recaps of the fight on his own podcast he said he remembers thinking that Browne's music was 'alright and he's heard better'.

Travis Browne has never been the #2 ranked Heavyweight, that's some revisionist history by Schaub.

Don't remember.. I guess Travis entered the top 5 at his best at a point.. but Schaub only managed bottom of the top 10 at his best.

Probably just dramatizing for theatrics.. or *ehem*.

his 'comedy' special absolutely sucked
and everything about the story - except him getting his ass kicked - is fabricated bullshit

still love brendan tho, hardest working dimepiece in comedy with a huge kawk

Don't remember.. I guess Travis entered the top 5 at his best at a point.. but Schaub only managed bottom of the top 10 at his best.

Probably just dramatizing for theatrics.. or *ehem*.
Browne was #11 and Schaub was unranked

Schaub was never close to a title

He was nowhere close to getting a UFC title shot, but in his special he made it seem like he was on the cusp of winning the UFC Heavyweight belt during the Travis Browne fight.
He only ever got as high as #12 after defeating CroCop in 2011, then dipped and got back up to #14 after defeating Mitrione, and by the time he fought Browne he'd declined all the way to #20.

Well, that sucked hard, I had the same bored face as many of the people in the crowd.

Hahahahaha!

This video clip is the funniest thing he’s been associated with

Browne got to #6 after defeating Barnett, and that was his rank when he fought Schaub, then got bumped up to #5 after that fight, but never got higher than that in his career.

Yea I knew Travis got top 5 at some point.. but kinda surprised about Schuab why the heck was I under the impression that he indeed got at spot 10 at some point.

Damn for a guy who doesn't like to be the "former ufc fighter" he's talking about it alot!

Back