Media UFC now forcing British fans to pay PPV fee to watch certain events on BT Sport

Speaking of bullshit, is there anyone in the UK going to pay to watch Tyson Fury fight some dude tonight with a padded record at 4-5am?

U guys never should have had it free in the first place. Usual UK entitlement

Thanks mate. You have to want to become sober for yourself, its impossible to do otherwise.

Sorry to hear about your loss, don't best yourself up about it.
Cheers bud, it's hard not to though, he pushed us all away which apparently is pretty standard but when the inevitable happens you just wish you didn't allow yourself to be pushed away, best of luck to you, sincerely.

Good. Time you guys start to pull your own weight around here.

Dana has gotta eat. It ain't cheap paying an entire roster of fighter's.

Let's see if I get it:

Ok, let me break it down for you. PPV used to cost $64.99, now it's costs $59.99 + $4.99......the same fucking price as before but you're also getting all the cool fight nights plus boxing.

UK fans on the other hand pay for Sky/Virgin a month US fans pay for cable, dish, internet service or something else + BT Sport on top of that You get other cool stuff and games too and now they want to add £19.99 on top of everything, UK fans are not only going to pay more than US fans overall....they're also going to stay up till 6 in the fucking morning too. It's market driven. Bigger market = more revenue = more attention.

Don’t you have DVR’s in the UK.
Just record it and watch when you wake up.

LOL if they think I will pay to watch some bullshit WMMA interim garbage at 4am.

except in the US its on during prime time, in the UK the PPV starts at 3am duhh. Also the fact that we have to pay for the BT Sports package in the first place and now a PPV cost on top of that
yes this is a sad continuation of the pricing policy that basically extorts UK customers. THere is no justification for this, and no justification for why UK customers should have to fork out MORE than US customers, even completely ignorning the fact the main cards are happening at 3am or something like that.

It simply seems ENTIRELY indefensible due to plain fucking corporate greed and them asking their advisers "how much can we fuck these subscribers in Region x, y, z ?"

True I'm at 250mbs and its 70$

Where I am in NY state the cheapest internet is 100/10 speed for $69.99 a month. The cheapest way to get ESPN would be a streaming site like Slingtv (single stream) for another $25 a month or $40 a month for multiple streams. To watch all UFC fights I'd need to add fight pass and ESPN+ even before the cost of the PPV. Total cost for everything would be $110 per month plus the cost of the PPVs. Oh, and to watch Bellator we'd need to pay for DAZN now too.

The UFC won't be too happy surely with BTS for doing this. It sucks that the US has to pay so much but making the UK pay just as much with events being on at silly times suck even harder. There should be some kind of discount for the UK fans same for the US fans when it's over here. Most of there market is the US fans. I get they are running a business and can't make it free for everybody but should at least be equal for all. Their events they hold over here everybody will be priced out and have no fans here to attend which will be a loss for the company so they will end up pulling the plug on UK events. Madness I tell ya how can they justify it.

You're getting ripped off. You need to call your cable company and threaten to leave.

Often the cable companies have a monopoly in a given area. If you call and threaten to leave, they'll just say "bye". It used to be you could negotiate promotions but Charter aka Spectrum isn't doing that anymore.

Yanks fail to realise how small a following the sport has in the UK. Switching to PPV, will kill interest..
Extremely counterproductive in the long term.
Fuck the rest we only dealing with hard cores

Often the cable companies have a monopoly in a given area. If you call and threaten to leave, they'll just say "bye". It used to be you could negotiate promotions but Charter aka Spectrum isn't doing that anymore.

This. To leave is to downgrade. AT&T is the only company that offers fiber with 1+ Gbps in my area.

Good, it's about time. That's not a knife. This is a knife.

<nelsonhaha.gif>

Try not to be so lazy next time you pathetic little bitch

iu

Back