Media UFC now forcing British fans to pay PPV fee to watch certain events on BT Sport

Lol at people complaining about who pays more like it's some kind of pissing contest.

it costs $6, all you need is internet

the point is, you dont have to buy cable and all that shiz, all you need is espn+ ($6) and internet

in the uk you need BT Sport ($40) and internet
Decent high speed internet is about $70 per month.

Help me understand, because I'm not familiar with the cable system in the UK. Is having Sky/Virgin equivalent to a cable provider in the states like, AT&T, Time Warner, Charter, etc? Between cable & internet, I pay close to $200 per month, and that does not includes PPVs , ESPN+ or cell phones. So that $64.99 for me is added to the $200 per month I already pay. Do you have to have Sky/Virgin & BTS in order to purchase the PPV?

Edit: Also forgot to add that not all of MMA is in the US. I've add to stay up late or get up early to watch Pride & other MMA events overseas. And I had to pay to watch.

Why the heck are you paying 200? Do you not realize you can negotiate the price?

Lol at people complaining about who pays more like it's some kind of pissing contest.
No, it's just that the costs are much more even now and the folks complaining about their price increase are the same ones who criticized us for complaining about costs before. It's pretty damned funny, actually.

it costs $6, all you need is internet

the point is, you dont have to buy cable and all that shiz, all you need is espn+ ($6) and internet

in the uk you need BT Sport ($40) and internet

You can't watch the ESPN cards on ESPN+. You need cable or another provider that offers ESPN.

UFC: Americans will now have to purchase an ESPN+ subscription and then also purchase the PPVs.

Americans: This is bullshit. We have to buy ESPN+ just to get the chance to buy the PPVs? I'll just stream.

Brits: Fucking Americans are too cheap to support the fighters and the sport. Pieces of shit streamers. Act like grown ups and follow the rules. Buy the PPVs!

UFC: Brits will now have to purchase a subscription and also buy the PPVs, much like the Americans.

Brits: What?? We have to pay twice?? This is fucking bullshit and I won't do it. Where are the streams??

Americans: <Baelish01>

Haha......I’m gonna come clean and say I’m definitely been guilty of this! I’m sorry Americans

When all is said and done; it's a joke. Forgetting BT altogether, 95% of the cards they are putting on are NOT worth parting with money for.

Not really true though.
If you do everything legit
USA PPV cost
So the $59.99 + $4.99.
But you still need to add in the cost of you internet subscription.
So the cost is almost identical.

Also for me to watch soccer live I have to stay up odd hours all the time. I dont get a discount for that here. Why should they?

If you’re “staying up odd hours”.......you’re not watching soccer, you’re watching football mate!

Glad you're getting the help you need mate, I lost one of my closest friends two weeks ago to alcohol abuse, it fucking sucks, good luck to you.

Thanks mate. You have to want to become sober for yourself, its impossible to do otherwise.

Sorry to hear about your loss, don't best yourself up about it.

UFC: Americans will now have to purchase an ESPN+ subscription and then also purchase the PPVs.

Americans: This is bullshit. We have to buy ESPN+ just to get the chance to buy the PPVs? I'll just stream.

Brits: Fucking Americans are too cheap to support the fighters and the sport. Pieces of shit streamers. Act like grown ups and follow the rules. Buy the PPVs!

UFC: Brits will now have to purchase a subscription and also buy the PPVs, much like the Americans.

Brits: What?? We have to pay twice?? This is fucking bullshit and I won't do it. Where are the streams??

Americans: <Baelish01>

Americans PPV price was $65

Americans PPV price now $5 for ESPN+ and $60 for the PPV - total $65

Brits pay up to £40 ($50) for BT Sport which previously included all events

Now they have to pay an additional £20 (£$25) for the PPV - total cost $75

It's like the UFC is intentionally trying to reduce their audience.

First the ESPN+ and ESPN PPV deal that pretty much loses all the older people who don't use computers and now they want people to pay to watch cards at 4-5am in the UK

i have literally watched the early prelims on espn+
How many times have you done that America? The UFC fight pass prelims are EXCLUSIVE to fight pass. In AMERICA, you CANNOT watch UFC fight pass prelims on ESPN. Anyone that has bought UFC PPVs IN THE US know this.

Again, how many PPVs have you bought IN THE US?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_238

The first 4 fights were NOT on ESPN.

I don’t get the UFC sometimes. On the one hand their desperate to be global but on the other hand they make sure all content is hard to access and that they squeeze any last bit of money out from their supporters.

They wont get good ppv numbers in the U.K. They should’ve waited until they were more we’ll known.

This was announced a few weeks back, but... yeah, welcome to being a grown up (Mature Market).

FAIL SO HARD.

I don't think that this is justifiable given the fact that European fans have to stay up all night to watch these cards live.

What do you UK guys think about this?

Tea Party these bollock suukrz asap

Back