Media UFC now forcing British fans to pay PPV fee to watch certain events on BT Sport

I agree with ya on a personal self serving-selfish level. However the UFC wouldn't be around in the form we see today if it wasn't for PPV support. I don't think people who pay for PPVs are sucker nor would I think less of a person who watches a free stream. It is what it is--- Max H
It is what it is.

By "free" do you mean paying around £40 a month for the channel it's on and now being asked to pay an extra £20 on top despite it not starting until 3am?

Typical American thinking they know it all.
This shit made me laugh so hard, currently traveling on the Eurostar from London to Amsterdam and yes I am from M’erica

War of 1812 and during the Napoleonic Wars (in 1814, though Napoleon was in exile before coming back), troops came from ships and were British. They gave the Americans their greatest military defeat and proved that militias are a lot of BS against regular troops in the field.
Cool, I'll admit I'm getting old and history class was a long time ago but it was one of the few classes I really got into.

We were always taught it was the regiments defending what is now Canada that actually pushed through to Washington and burned down the White House though, but obviously still technically British at the time.

Not that it really matters mind you and history is kind of subjective depending where you are being taught it.

Sort of unrelated but from the same vein as my last line there I remember having a discussion about WW2 on here a few years back with some guys from Finland and Russia and there knowledge from what they had been taught compared to what we had been taught was quite fascinating and eye opening.

For the record I grew up before the Internet so everything we learned came from actual books with no real way to see another perspective.

In that regard kids who grew up in the internet era were kind of blessed though it seems to have created a generation with a lot of information but very little actual knowledge because everything is so easy to look up nothing is really retained.

By this I mean they have the answer but can't show there work so to speak.

I mean, we still have always had to pay £25 a month all the time anyway.

People are also open to messaging me some decent reliable streams whilst we're on this topic.

Take away the money and bring back the dark ages. The sport would be a million times more interesting and less sanitised.

It's a shame how things went. Imagine if a hyped up title fight in the modern era looked like Andy Anderson vs Jon Hess. I wish just giving them less money could take us back to that.

It's about time!! It wasnt right US Americans

missCarolina.jpg

Respect.

It blows my mind that Americans willingly pay $65 or whatever it is for that shit. There hasnt been a single UFC card in history worth more than about $30. In the modern watered down card every few weeks era the typical UFC ppv should be like $10-15 for fucks sake.

Look at this shit, LOOK!

spOKM5s.jpg

$65!?!!

I'm the same, I can't do with streaming as they're not reliable and I want them on my TV too which I can't do with streaming, it's also the Masvidal and Askren thing for me too, I'm exactly the same as you in that sense.

BUT we have to do this for ourselves because if we do buy and add to that number, we are only encouraging them to do it more because they're gonna be like "Oh they'll pay it anyway cause they don't want to miss out", in other words it's taking advantage and it stings all fans then.

That one extra buy could be the one that encourages them to do it more or reach their target and if everyone does this then that's gonna result in them getting the buys they want and then doing it more, we just have to stick together as frustrating as it is, it benefits us more in the long run.

It's not great, I know but it's the way it is and that's why fans are begging other fans not to do so because it does sting us all then and it's silly for us to contribute to that which is exactly what they want.

That one card we miss will benefit us in the bigger picture and it really is a case of only not seeing it live, so if we stay off social media and try watch it next day somehow then it'll not only send them the message they so desperately need to have but it'll also benefit us all on a whole, if we encourage this we only have ourselves to blame when they keep doing it over and over because they know we'll give in to them.

It's just about sticking by each other I guess so it's fair for everyone and all fans as this is affecting so many fans in so many ways and it's not just about the money or the time but also their Box Office isn't even on all their BT Sport platforms where people subscribe to them through so they're taking it away from some fans completely which is very selfish.

We've just gotta do it as once the card has been and gone, we'll be glad we did when they realise it's not working for them.

Or we could continue to line their pockets and they will continue to sting the UFC fans as much as they can simply because they can.

We just have to do it but trust me, I'm in exactly the same boat as you with the Masvidal and Askren thing and also the streaming thing too, I hate it but it's just how it is (for now).

So cliffs

FUCK BT SPORT

I’m IN

I’m personally glad

I got so much money I need to get rid of every month anyway so this will just help

It blows my mind that Americans willingly pay $65 or whatever it is for that shit. There hasnt been a single UFC card in history worth more than about $30. In the modern watered down card every few weeks era the typical UFC ppv should be like $10-15 for fucks sake.

Look at this shit, LOOK!

spOKM5s.jpg

$65!?!!

That's actualyl a lot better card than 240.

This is a joke honestly. Feel sorry for fellow European fans.

So just to be clear, the only thing you watch on a channel you pay £40 a month for is the UFC?

correct

i don't like any other sports so whatever else it comes with is irrelevant

imagine UFC was on the Disney channel, and all day every day was 3rd rate straight to TV sequels to films and these teeny shows, but you had to pay for the whole channel, well that's what its like to me, might have soccer on, or tennis etc etc, but to me that may aswell be 24 financial news,

Back