Media UFC now forcing British fans to pay PPV fee to watch certain events on BT Sport

If the UFC put on good events in Europe at decent times then I would gladly pay to watch it live. Seeing as many events start very late to accommodate the US market and the fact that we get mostly shit cards of epic proportions, I am definitely not paying a penny. It will be the usual - enjoy Saturday, wake up Sunday, download UFC and fastforward through the crap fights.

Between £20 and £60 a month depending on what you get.

The big issue here is they force you into landline rental even if you dont use your landline. I pay £40 a month for 70mb/s but of that im forced to pay £13 for a phone line i never use.

I just switched to 3's unlimited 4G Internet for £20 a month all in, can stream 4k on it, faster than the speeds I was getting with a bt line and Sky broadband.

They’re gonna try this while UFC is at one of its lowest points popularity wise in a long time

What if you live in the UK but you are not British is it still free?

Yeah I won't be buying the first couple regardless in an attempt to stop them doing it.

It's weird i've been staying up watching fights since the 90's. I think the first ones i payed for was Bruno Tyson 2. But generally i've been staying up each Saturday night for decades to watch fights happening in America and generally it's been free.

This might be the catalyst i need to just go to bed and watch the fights in the morning as live no one will spoil them the results if i stay off the net.

giphy.gif

It's crazy that Dana is making people Pay for a Pay-Per-View.

Cool, I'll admit I'm getting old and history class was a long time ago but it was one of the few classes I really got into.

We were always taught it was the regiments defending what is now Canada that actually pushed through to Washington and burned down the White House though, but obviously still technically British at the time.

Robert Ross was the officer who was commanding the troops and fought in Europe before being stationed in the US. his 2nd in command George Coburn rose through the ranks and eventually died in England.

85th Regiment of Foot - the actual fighters were a regiment raised in buckinghamshire.

I didn't know this by memory i just went and looked at who was at the battle of Bladensburg and where each regi8ment was raised.

Petition is getting signed but at a snail pace sadly
https://www.change.org/p/btsports-stop-btsports-charging-ppv-for-ufc-in-the-uk

Got a bad feeling brits are gonna still pay for it still but hopefully not !

Yeah, that's the one with the video on Youtube too, hopefully it'll get around enough and enough people will support it. That video with the Irish guys speaking about it completely nail it, have a listen if you haven't already :)

So cliffs

FUCK BT SPORT

I’m IN

Yeah, honestly, I feel exactly the same as you but if one person says they'll buy it cause it won't make a difference, then a load of others buy it due to that then they've got all their buys and will do it again, so they really are just trying to see what they can do in regards to getting as much as they can from the UFC fans over this as well as the fact they promised and made it out that they wouldn't do this. They used the fact UFC was available to everyone as part of their BT Sport package to get everyone back after the Eleven Sports deal fell through.

It's already been confirmed by Dave Shaw this is a pure BT Sport decision, it's obvious anyway but when they get the rights it's up to them to distribute it how they want and profit from it in their own way. The UFC are happy their product is getting out there to the UK fans and growing because this benefits them anyway (events, all year merchandise sales as well as the sport continuing to grow). BT Sport are just hurting the UFC and themselves by doing this.

Hopefully they'll rectify this before the event but I doubt it, they're going to want to see if fans will cave. If people buy it, they'll do it again, if they don't, they won't so that's what it all boils down to in the end.

Apparently they watch it at 3 AM start time and it goes on until 7 AM, thats why some of them told me on here anyways. for that start time they should get paid to watch it!!!, and me personally you couldn't even pay me to watch it at that time.

Has nothing to do with ufc, and everything to do with BT being gready.

If consider paying £10 for an absolute stellar top to bottom card, otherwise I'll be back to downloading from Sir Paul the morning after.

'Can't stop the Internet baby ' Kenny Florian

correct

i don't like any other sports so whatever else it comes with is irrelevant

imagine UFC was on the Disney channel, and all day every day was 3rd rate straight to TV sequels to films and these teeny shows, but you had to pay for the whole channel, well that's what its like to me, might have soccer on, or tennis etc etc, but to me that may as well be 24 financial news,

I'm also a boxing fan so there's a few decent fights on BT Sports (although recently the bigger fights have also slipped onto PPV which I assume was a trial run for the UFC following suit) & i enjoy the 30 for 30 Documentaries they show plus free access to Boxnation channel. Nothing else interests me though.

Back