PBP UFC 239: Jones vs. Santos - Main Card PBP Discussion - 10:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. PT

fgbhg.gif

Love jones but had it 3-2 Santos. I know Jon usually fights slower and isn’t this KO artist that gets you outta there like he’s been advertised but he for sure didn’t look as dominant tonight. Passed on imposing his will at lots of times during this fight. Dana loves this shit though. Keeps the LHW division somewhat stagnant cause after tonight no one is getting their dicks hard for jones to test himself at HW right now.

Jan taking no punishment could take another fight and win and that’d be another contender lined up. After tonight everyone who motherfuckas seen as cannon fodder to Jones just got they profiles raised

The decision was fine, nothing happened in the fight and Jones had octagon control and aggression

Santos' body was also more damaged

Very boring fight and Jones' stock dropped in my eyes
Jones barely won & arguably lost to a one legged middleweight. Jon is nothing without his PEDs.

Good night of fights overall. Ill see you bois in the next one.

I'm generally surprised, I guess Thiago hits harder than I thought.

Styles Make fights makes me really curious how a match with Rumble would have gone. Jones TDs aren't as good as DCs so Rumble would have fair game right off the bat.
Jones has a higher TD percentage than Cormier

Thiago forced Jon to fight inside by making himself a threat on the outside by blasting the fuck out of his legs. He's beatable and hopefully others start following the blueprint.

Santos is not remotely on Jones level, and even this fight showed it. Jones was just coasting out there, what I just saw Jones do is very fishy. Did this fool bet on himself losing?

I had Jones up 1 round, but barely. It was Santos's exaggerated movements w/ the knee injury making Jones look better

Glad I watched this card from top to bottom. UFC did us fans a solid today.

I wonder how much Thiago's limping influenced in the judging.

Santos showed him weakness, he showed the entire fuckin world who was watching that he had a bum leg. Jones did nothing. Anthony Smith showed weakness, he doesn't have a good gas tank if you push him and he was frozen with timidity the entire fight, Jones coasted. you can't do things like that vs HWs, because sooner or later the HWs will just come after you, and with the extra size and length a lot of them have, Jones won't be able to get away from them. not to mention the durability that a lot of them possess.

it's pretty clear Jon Jones is on the decline.
If you’re in round 4 and 5 at HW, 95% of them are too gassed to do anything if you stay away and play Jon’s game

Funny how Lawler-Hendricks 2 didn't follow the "you've got to beat the champ convincingly to win" narrative. Still the only title fight I've ever seen where the belt changed hands to someone I'm not sure even won.

WRONG!!! U just have to beat em. PERIOD.
There is a carry over in MMA from Boxing where that's legitimately a part the scoring and history. Sucks he blew his knee out. "cage control" and Thiago falling down injured kind of ruined his chance of winning on the cards. Also I'm not the ref and I need to rewatch round 2 to score it. It was a strange fight. And Jones just ate everything so he never looked in danger. Some guy just said Jon's defense is like Mayweather. Nope maybe his chin is though.

Santos showed him weakness, he showed the entire fuckin world who was watching that he had a bum leg. Jones did nothing. Anthony Smith showed weakness, he doesn't have a good gas tank if you push him and he was frozen with timidity the entire fight, Jones coasted. you can't do things like that vs HWs, because sooner or later the HWs will just come after you, and with the extra size and length a lot of them have, Jones won't be able to get away from them. not to mention the durability that a lot of them possess.

it's pretty clear Jon Jones is on the decline.

This fight showed no decline, he literally did not even TRY to clinch or wrestle.

I’m just happy my boy George won in spectacular fashion
MASVIDAL IS THE NEW NEEDLE MOVER
Been a fan of his forever
would love to see him fight somebody like Nate

Fuck I didn’t even hit the weed much tonight cuz the fights were so banging
Time to fix that.

Glad I watched this card from top to bottom. UFC did us fans a solid today.

Take away the Jones fight and you could make a case for this being the GOAT UFC card. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Still probably a top fiver though.

Back