Media Colby Suspicious of Robbie Lawler's Physique Change - "It doesn't make sense"

Portland8242

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
https://www.mmamania.com/2019/7/25/...bbie-lawlers-fountain-youth-doesnt-make-sense

“I think in his last fight, when he fought Ben Asscream and he left him for dead and he knocked him out in his first round, he looked physically better than he’s looked in his whole entire career,” Covington told Submission Radio. “So, I don’t want to point to science or other things, but you would think at that age he wouldn’t look as good as he looks.”

Lawler (28-13, 1 NC) turned 37 back in March and while he looks as good as ever, his performances have not kept pace. “Ruthless” dropped three of his last four and did not complete at all in 2018.

“I mean, I trained with the guy in his prime, in his early 30’s, and you’re gonna tell me in his late 30’s he looks better than he’s ever looked his whole entire career?” Covington asked. “And this is after he’s taken the most significant strikes in UFC history. This is after all the wars he’s put his body through. And then just all of a sudden he’s just on some super potion and he just looks better than ever? You know, let’s be honest guys, it doesn’t make sense. I’m gonna let the people be the judge of that. But I mean, let’s be honest guys, you don’t just in your late 30’s all of a sudden just have a fountain of youth and you’re just stronger and better than you’ve ever been in your whole entire career.”

You can hate Colby all you want but what he said here is straight facts haha

Hes right, but I heard Robbie did weight training for the first time before that fight. Not sure if that was true

snow-house01.jpg

I mean I've always thought Lawler was obvious for years.

It's amazing what a layoff to heal up and a new camp can do!

Funny coming from Colby, another ATT guy, as that whole camp is suspected by a lot of people. Though if PEDs were responsible for the Askren fight and the Ruthless Era as a whole, everyone should be on them. :)

Unfortunately, as a fan of Lawler since the early days I’ve always thought it was a little funny that he all of a sudden hit this really late career resurgence and looked physically amazing doing so. I’ve always loved watching the guy, but I can admit that it’s a little funny.
It doesn’t help that the camps he frequented all happened to have a good amount of guys pop.

Wasn't Lawler one of the guys that had really bizarre T-levels, back when those were getting leaked

He is right. Robbie has had a few physique changes over the years, I’m sure it’s just because of his diet...

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/7/25/...bbie-lawlers-fountain-youth-doesnt-make-sense

“I think in his last fight, when he fought Ben Asscream and he left him for dead and he knocked him out in his first round, he looked physically better than he’s looked in his whole entire career,” Covington told Submission Radio. “So, I don’t want to point to science or other things, but you would think at that age he wouldn’t look as good as he looks.”

Lawler (28-13, 1 NC) turned 37 back in March and while he looks as good as ever, his performances have not kept pace. “Ruthless” dropped three of his last four and did not complete at all in 2018.

“I mean, I trained with the guy in his prime, in his early 30’s, and you’re gonna tell me in his late 30’s he looks better than he’s ever looked his whole entire career?” Covington asked. “And this is after he’s taken the most significant strikes in UFC history. This is after all the wars he’s put his body through. And then just all of a sudden he’s just on some super potion and he just looks better than ever? You know, let’s be honest guys, it doesn’t make sense. I’m gonna let the people be the judge of that. But I mean, let’s be honest guys, you don’t just in your late 30’s all of a sudden just have a fountain of youth and you’re just stronger and better than you’ve ever been in your whole entire career.”

You can hate Colby all you want but what he said here is straight facts haha

Hahah Cannington scrambling for pre-emptive excuses....he's about to find out that fighting in a cage is very different than running your mouth on twitter all day

Wasn't Lawler one of the guys that had really bizarre T-levels, back when those were getting leaked
Yup, was after the Rory fight.

I know Robbies a fan fav, but where there's smoke there's fire lol

If he's just started lifting, on top of all his other cardio conditioning, its not all that surprising that he suddenly looks more ripped.

At 37 yeah, he'll be declining but not hard to still look good at that age (genetics allowing).

Prob so, but to be fair, Lawler kinda been a freak stud/athlete since his teen years long before MMA. It could be the seriousness in his preparations. Some gifted athletes take lackluster approaches to training camps but if they actually did it right, could get better.

Hahah Cannington scrambling for pre-emptive excuses....he's about to find out that fighting in a cage is very different than running your mouth on twitter all day

It's funny....Colby has become possibly the most underrated fighter in the UFC.

It's posters like you who think because he runs his mouth and does all that cringey stuff that the guy can't fight.

He's damn good. Top notch wrestling, with maybe the best cardio in the sport.

I get it, people don't like him. But don't confuse his cringiness and his ability to fight.

Back