Whats the deal with UFC on ESPN 5?

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Only big fight is Colby vs Lawler. The rest of the card is a bunch of no names. Also, why is the fight card starting at 3 pm EST? It's in New Jersey. Aren't these ESPN cards supposed to be stacked?

Not sure what the UFC is doing with this one. Thoughts?

I love that it has an early start.

Miller vs Guida is the only other fight on entire card with about a 4/10 interest

Maybe Colby will pull out and they'll cancel the main event then upgrade this to a PPV

There’s way too many events and the ufc thinks fans are too stupid to realize

There’s way too many events and the ufc thinks fans are too stupid to realize
For sure. It's definitely a watered down the product. They had 39 events in 2018 compared to 24 in 2010 (Which is the year I think the UFC peaked)..

24 events a year seems to be the sweet spot..

Less is sometimes more...

For sure. It's definitely a watered down the product. They had 39 events in 2018 compared to 24 in 2010 (Which is the year I think the UFC peaked)..

I agree - 12 PPV events (title fights and top contender fights) and 12 'TV' events (prospects and journeymen) would be ideal.

Only big fight is Colby vs Lawler. The rest of the card is a bunch of no names. Also, why is the fight card starting at 3 pm EST? It's in New Jersey. Aren't these ESPN cards supposed to be stacked?

Espn has the nfl hall of fame ceremony in prime time

Haqparast great talent. Watch out for the Gastelum lookalike!

www.fantasyfightweek.com
DmsLMv.gif

@Gogoplatypus

Agreed 100%. What fucking kills me is the lack of big cards. There has been only 3 big cards so far this year UFC 235, 236, 239 and 2 of them featured Jones. Thats pathetic.

There used to be at least twice that amount in that given of a timespan.

Oh the irony

Why does everyone just want to complain about the UFC?

Only 1-2 good fights on a card seems to be the norm these days.

Miller vs. Guida would’ve been great back in the TUF era though.

It's on ESPN 5 because we reserved ESPN 4, 3, 2, and 1 for Baseball.
The most boring sport in the world.

Back