• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

***NBA Offseason v3.0 - Who Needs Kawhi***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice story about how to avoid going broke

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtba...ew-playbook-for-monetizing-fame/#7d6a7c251db9

Smart teams that want to get ahead and compete beyond salary, should have advisors on staff to players coming in to steer them how to invest and protect their fortunes. This gives the players sound advice with the benefit of having the advisor be affiliated with the team so that they have extra fiduciary duties, and not swindle the players out of millions. Also with the right relationships, it might make it harder for players to leave, as they would have to sever ties with that advisor should they go to another team.

Nice story about how to avoid going broke

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtba...ew-playbook-for-monetizing-fame/#7d6a7c251db9

Smart teams that want to get ahead and compete beyond salary, should have advisors on staff to players coming in to steer them how to invest and protect their fortunes. This gives the players sound advice with the benefit of having the advisor be affiliated with the team so that they have extra fiduciary duties, and not swindle the players out of millions. Also with the right relationships, it might make it harder for players to leave, as they would have to sever ties with that advisor should they go to another team.
Not able to read the article, but whether the paragraph after it is linked to it, or your own thoughts, i completely agree. It makes so much sense, and seems to be the greatest way to get a leg up on the competition

But you have to wonder whether teams have just been doing this for ages and mr big shot rookie usually doesn't want to listen to the adult in the room telling him not to buy dumb shit. I'm not convinced i would either if i was in their situation...

LMAO at fiduciary duty. Literally the only time this is actually enforced is when you scam Wall St assholes or you're too small time to afford decent lawyers.

That said, if you found someone you could actually trust, it would be great for the players. But I doubt I'd trust the Gordon Gecko wannabes that teams would hire because of some personal connection to ownership.

Lmao at Skip Gayless calling anyone attention starved

i didn't even read it. and had i known i'd have looked for a different post of the video.

he shouldn't even be acknowledged

This whole fake outrage about lebron at his kid’s AAU games is stupid. These can like Gayless and Shitlock just need to stfu.

I’ll be honest though I’d rather leroid be in the lab right now charging up.

LMAO at fiduciary duty. Literally the only time this is actually enforced is when you scam Wall St assholes or you're too small time to afford decent lawyers.

That said, if you found someone you could actually trust, it would be great for the players. But I doubt I'd trust the Gordon Gecko wannabes that teams would hire because of some personal connection to ownership.
Gives the kid coming confidence knowing a financial advisor has been vetted by the organisation rather some schyster off the street

Gives the kid coming confidence knowing a financial advisor has been vetted by the organisation rather some schyster off the street
Teams would be putting themselves at too much risk for that IMO
As it is now, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many players get taken advantage of by their legit, hired Accountants (the same pool of which NBA teams would be hiring from).

Like ZaZa's guy for instance:
https://www.jsonline.com/story/news...za-pahulia-going-prison-irs-fraud/2939042002/

Teams would be putting themselves at too much risk for that IMO
As it is now, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many players get taken advantage of by their legit, hired Accountants (the same pool of which NBA teams would be hiring from).

Like ZaZa's guy for instance:
https://www.jsonline.com/story/news...za-pahulia-going-prison-irs-fraud/2939042002/

my company, and many regular companies have EAP which includes financial counselling

this is like an EAP on juice, J-EAP

Most players would be fine if they didn’t give these advisors POA.

Just don’t hire an accountant from a third world state like Wisconsin lmao.

Lebron is an attention addict. Everything he does is for attention...even celebrating his kids games.

my company, and many regular companies have EAP which includes financial counselling

this is like an EAP on juice, J-EAP
I only figured that besides: cheapness, the only other reason I could think teams dont do this already (rookie camps have at least added financial counseling) is they dont want to be held liable.

I only figured that besides: cheapness, the only other reason I could think teams dont do this already (rookie camps have at least added financial counseling) is they dont want to be held liable.
That's why I said smart organizations are gonna turn the risk/weakness into a competitive advantage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back