Opinion Joe Rogan on Being Called a Far Right Influencer, "They're Liars!!"

Back then Molyneux was more so portraying himself as a "libertarian". He was still on the open borders train during those times.

Along with most other libertarian personalities he started leaning more conservative in order to maintain his market audience. I suppose Rogan is one of the rare ones who actually turned to the left.

At the end of the day, it's all about the dollar for these guys.

So you're not a fully paid up "Philosopher King" then?

So you're not a fully paid up "Philosopher King" then?

I wouldn't put a dime in the pocket of anybody who makes their money hustling the marks on the internet.

I can entertain their ideas and even put an argument forth in their defense, but that doesn't meant that I do not know exactly what they are. A bunch of modern-age hustlers.

The only "philosopher" that I have any respect for, is a Finnish misantrophe "eco-fascist", who lives in the middle of a forest at 80+ years old. About the only dude of that sort, who actually lives like he preaches. Never made a cent off his works.

I wouldn't put a dime in the pocket of anybody who makes their money hustling the marks on the internet.

I can entertain their ideas and even put an argument forth in their defense, but that doesn't meant that I do not know exactly what they are. A bunch of modern-age hustlers.

The only "philosopher" that I have any respect for, is a Finnish misantrophe "eco-fascist", who lives in the middle of a forest at 80+ years old. About the only dude of that sort, who actually lives like he preaches. Never made a cent off his works.

Yeah, the idea of paying $500 for forum privileges and exclusive podcasts back in the mid 2000s seemed outlandish.
Still seems outlandish.

I think it has a lot to do with the ratio, the ratio is way off to the right, how many times has he had Peterson and other right wing youtubers on? A shitload. The only left leaning guests I remember are Jimmy Dore, Kukinski and Abby Martin (who gets downvoted and blasted in the comments because naturally by mostly having right wing people on you attract a right wing crowd).
You can add Ana Kasparian, Cenk Uygur, Andrew Yang, Judd Apatow, Jack Dorsey, W. Kamau Bell, Lawrence Lessig, Matt Taibbi, Jamie Kilstein, Josh Zepps, Neil Degrasse Tyson, Henry Rollins, Russell Brand, Amy Schumer, Neal Brennan, Whitney Cummings, etc. Even people like Tim Pool, Eric Weinstein, Bret Weinstein, Heather Heying, Sam Harris, TJ Kirk, etc. have decidedly left wing policy positions even if they're disliked by identitarians on the left.

There's been a big cultural shift on the left. Left-leaning people used to enjoy edgy comedy and edgy material in general and it was social and cultural conservatives who used to get all up in arms about comedy and culture. This is now shifting with more and more left-leaning people seeing basically everything as problematic while right-leaning people generally aren't up in arms about edgy stuff. There are still some liberals who are resisting the shift (like me) and others who've been cowed by the regressives to comply or stay silent. There's still an old "family values" type bloc but they've largely gone silent, they can't really say shit now that they're backing Trump.

Last edited:
Yeah, the idea of paying $500 for membership on a forum and exclusive podcasts back in the mid 2000s seemed outlandish.
Still seems outlandish.

When you've been around the internet for this long, you know that it's basically just an alternative to a social welfare service for a lot of "cunning" fellows, who would otherwise contribute to absolutely nothing in their lives.

These are the kind of people that are not fit to hold an actual job (for any significant period of time), therefore the internet is their "realm", their place for business.

Makes it easier on them that there are a lot of "regular people" around these days, as well as impressionable young people. The kind of people who still haven't been told that pro wrestling isn't actually real, and that Santa Claus doesn't exist.

Did you ever visit free domain radio at that point? They all seemed like teenage or young adult men to me. When you are preaching "deFoo" to adolescent males trying to establish independence the consequences are obvious.
No, but based off of his YouTube channel, his audience seemed to be primarily adult men, not teenagers. I can't speak for his audience on other platforms or what it is now, though.

I get what he is saying, and anyone that is calling him right wing is just factually wrong. The issue is he is platforming a lot of sketchy people which helps them reach a massive audience they usually wouldnt be capable of elsewhere. I also think he is being manipulated by those IDW goons to boost their own profiles.

his hearts in the right place, but he needs to be more aware of who he is platforming and to challenge their ideas if they are controversial
Pretty much this.
He runs a talkshow. Talkshows bring on guests trying to sell something, whether that's Teslas or Tinfoil hats

This "Rogan is a gateway" bullshit isn't doing any favors to democrats.

It makes you look like a god damn -tin foil hat- fool.
Which is ironic because tin foil hat shit is featured on Joe Rogan.
it's almost as if the world is saturated with idiots with differing but equally retarded conclusions...

Molyneux? Far right?

You're like those adorable kiwis who are going full Fahrenheit 451 on Jordan Peterson's book.
There's A LOT of evidence that Molyneux has shifted from libertarianism/anarcho-capitalism to the far right/alt-right. If you disagree, fine, but I stand by my assessment.

That's a false equivalency. I like Jordan Peterson (although admittedly not as much as I once did) and I think it's ridiculous that that Kiwi book distributor has banned his book, especially since they still carry Mein Kampf and other far right tomes. Comparing my labeling him as something with actual censorship is stupid. I would never try to censor his or anyone else's views.

No, but based off of his YouTube channel, his audience seemed to be primarily adult men, not teenagers. I can't speak for his audience on other platforms or what it is now, though.

I haven't really paid much attention to him since I read his "Universally Preferable Behaviour" and saw the video he made about being the "saviour of philosophy". I think that was around 2008-2010.
At that stage FDR struck me as being largely adolescent randroids.
When I saw him doing the cult leader thing at porcfest it was the same demographic.
Not sure if it's the same individuals, just older, or his demographic has changed with his shift in politics.
Now I mostly only see the occasional reference to him in regards to alt-right figures and "scientific" racism along the lines of "r/K selection".

The stupidity of labeling Rogan "alt right" is amazing.

it's almost as if the world is saturated with idiots with differing but equally retarded conclusions...

What really cooks the noodle is when you realize there is no "it's almost as if".

Which is ironic because tin foil hat shit is featured on Joe Rogan.

True but it should be made very clear that Alex Jones is playing a cartoon character of sorts. And he put on a great performance on his last Rogan podcast. It's much more over the top (at least from my POV) then this Rogan gateway nonsense.

Team left wing 1 team right wing 0.
So there you go, one of the smartest guy in the world is left wing, he is also very funny and very good looking.

Who gives a shit, seriously?

Also, very funny and very good looking?? Is this Schaub's account?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mapichtli
Back