DC is in GOAT discussion but Tyson isnt a top 10 heavyweight.

PalmStrike

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
How many of you agree with this?

If so, please explain your reasoning.

Tyson: youngest heavyweight champ in history, UNIFIED the title and DEFENDED it NINE times...went to prison, came out and became heavyweight champ AGAIN.

Cormier: Won a Strikeforce Grand Prix, beat Rumble Johnson twice and Stipe.

What the hell does Mike Tyson have to do with DC?

Anybody that believes Mike Tyson is a top 10 all time HW is either retarded or on drugs and quite possibly both

Cormier needs to beat Jones to be in serious GOAT conversations. I know Jon has a huge asterisk next to his name...but still.

Tyson only dominated in a VERY weak era of 1980s HW boxing (pre-prison). In the 1990s (post-prison) HW became more competitive which is when he lost to all his major fights against the top guys (Holyfield & Lewis). He never fought the David Tua's, Ike Ibeabuchi, Riddick Bowe, etc. I suspect they all would've beaten him, especially Tua and Ibeabuchi. Those guys could punch, had chins, and had HEART. He would've quit against all those guys.

Tyson is not a TOP 10 HW, i'd put him in the 11-15 range. He had great skills but very low character/heart (heart relative to boxing greats, still probably had more heart than 98% of average Joe's).

MMA is an young sport, there's only a few fighters in GOAT discussion.

giphy-3589b9f04fe0461399.gif

Tyson is the #1 heavyweight in boxing and DC #1 heavyweight in mma, what are you crying about TS

Last edited:
How many of you agree with this?

If so, please explain your reasoning.

Tyson: youngest heavyweight champ in history, UNIFIED the title and DEFENDED it NINE times...went to prison, came out and became heavyweight champ AGAIN.

Cormier: Won a Strikeforce Grand Prix, beat Rumble Johnson twice and Stipe.

Yeah unified titles are only a thing recently there used to be only 8 weights and 8 titles.

This is the things with stats. They assume everything has equal weight. The Ali era had significantly better fighters than Tyson's era.

Tyson never overcame adversity once. He lost to the two other premium heavyweights of his era.

I don't think Cormier is the GOAT, so can't agree on that. Tyson probably sneaks into top 10 heavyweights.

DC beat Lucas Browne beat Ruslan Chagaev beat Niklay Valuev beat Evander Holyfield beat Tyson

The only thing this prove is that Batman is a scumbag.

I have Tyson top 10. But he folded up like cheap suit under adversity..

Anybody that believes Mike Tyson is a top 10 all time HW is either retarded or on drugs and quite possibly both
Anyone who posts things like this tries way, way too hard...

He's the youngest hw world title holder after demolishing Berbick and 1st ever undisputed lineal heavyweight champion

That's easily a top 10 resume'......whether he'd finish top 10 in an all time tournament....well that's another discussion

They're both great fighters, Tyson is iconic while DC will be forgotten.

To discuss GOATS and top 10 is difficult, too much subjectivity etc.

Back