Media Early 242 numbers suggest massive PPV sales.

RNC555

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Early traffic numbers for UFC.com and its social media accounts prior to UFC 242 on Saturday in Abu Dhabi are similar to what they were before Nurmagomedov fought McGregor at UFC 229.

As of Tuesday, UFC 242-related content across all UFC platforms had more than 112 million views.

Article by Kevin iole
Shout out to @Sambochampion163

Nice. McG brought this whole thing to another level. And I am not even a fan of his. Good that now Khabib is a draw and hopefully Dustin will get the win and become the next one.

Ya because the human blanket vs a career journeyman who got lucky a few times in a row is a cant miss fight right?

I don't think so to be honest.

Freaky hour for the card to happen in it's most important market North America and in terms of names there is just Khabib on that thing, no other names or interesting fights like we had with the last PPV.

UFC got payed to go there and put on the show I don't think they care about numbers that much on this one or at most they will use it against Khabib if he doesn't do well so they can get him cheaper the next time.

I don't think so to be honest.

Freaky hour for the card to happen in it's most important market North America and in terms of names there is just Khabib on that thing, no other names or interesting fights like we had with the last PPV.

UFC got payed to go there and put on the show I don't think they care about numbers that much on this one or at most they will use it against Khabib if he doesn't do well so they can get him cheaper the next time.
Yes he said that in the article. The timing of the ppv might hurt sales.

Inb4 north american people bitching about the time of the event.

Khabib is a worldwide superstar, but ppvs are sold in Canada, America and Australia. The time the card starts will make it immensely harder for casuals to tune in, and Khabib's superstardom is not as widespread amongst those countries.

There will be a record number of illegal streams probably though.

tenor.gif

Ya'll ever hear the saying "don't count your chickens before they hatch"?

Well, don't anoint Khabib as a big draw until the PPV numbers come in. Suckers.

just because ppl view some media crap about kalabeeb doesn't mean they are going to buy a ppv at 10am in the morning. most probably still think its on at 10pm usual ppv time.

Khabib is a worldwide superstar, but ppvs are sold in Canada, America and Australia. The time the card starts will make it immensely harder for casuals to tune in, and Khabib's superstardom is not as widespread amongst those countries.

There will be a record number of illegal streams probably though.
This.

"pirate per views" is gonna be through the roof...

Ya because the human blanket vs a career journeyman who got lucky a few times in a row is a cant miss fight right?
if you think khabib nurmagomedov is a human blanket, i suggest you actually watch one of his fights. it might change your mind.

Back