TOOL $%^$ing TOOL

yeah, maybe if you can't dance for shit. Danny Carry has the most undanceable drumming style ever. His jazzband was awfull.
You didn’t like his drumming with tool but you listened to his side project?

Lol, fuck I am getting trolled.
my aha moment is when I went to see Danny Careys jazzband with fellow tool fans and when I announced that it sucked and the other tool fans try to explain how it was so great and that Danny Carey is the best drummer alive... blah blah. I was like, no, Dany Carey sucks at jazz and he sucks at music with African Influences.

Skimmed through Fear Inoculum and it seemed perfectly fine. Nothing really struck me yet, but I know it takes time to really get into these albums. 10,000 Days was also much better than I remember so I'll be listening to that one again.

Skimmed through Fear Inoculum and it seemed perfectly fine. Nothing really struck me yet, but I know it takes time to really get into these albums. 10,000 Days was also much better than I remember so I'll be listening to that one again.

Fear Inoculum isn't one of those albums meant to have one or two songs that stand out so much that they can be on the radio (e.g. Schism, Sober, Stinkfist...)
This album felt more like an album to me. It was their Dark Side of the Moon. Everything flowed.

my aha moment is when I went to see Danny Careys jazzband with fellow tool fans and when I announced that it sucked and the other tool fans try to explain how it was so great and that Danny Carey is the best drummer alive... blah blah. I was like, no, Dany Carey sucks at jazz and he sucks at music with African Influences.

As true as that may be, the part where you talked about not being able to dance to his drumming gave you away.

I tried to resist....

Maynards just such a pretentious dick sometimes. Does anyone know the name TOOL is meant to bag on the fans who then wear shirts proclaiming theyselves "tools" like your a tool bro.

So,after Maynards crappyover-priced wine,the fact he makes vague statements and then bags on fans for asking about the album release and he even bagged on the Bieber just for being a fan and the fact the new album is selling for $80 I really wanted to hate on the new CD but man is it good.

This is not to mention the horribly annoying side-project Puscifer which attempts to be a 'comedy band' and the 20 years it took TOOL to finally go digital.

Danny Careys drumming is off the hook, Maynards got an amazing voice and the guitar work while simpleish is really cool and w one of the best drummers in metal it fits like a fat girl at a buffet.

Same here...

Reading through this thread I didn't realize it was lame to like tool:D I've never been a super fan, but they've always earned a spot on a play list or two. Being a teenager in the 90's I went from listening to Gun's N Roses, Motley Crue, AC/DC etc... To shit like Tool, Deftones, Pantera, Soulfly/Sepultura, Korn etc...

Their new Album does Rock though. Maybe it's nostagia, but it's nice to see some new quality heavy music come out these days.

Tbh, whilst it is good, I suspect that it won't have a long tail, most of its very accessible and there just wasn't enough prog for my liking.

After 13yrs you'd think there would be a lot of new ideas, maybe that's the issue, it feels like the next album after a year's artistic development.

Sound quality is great though, it's incredibly well mixed.

Just other stuff of theirs seemed more impenetrable, not sure if I've grown or they haven't.

Still, enjoying it. The epic drum solo is probably worth it on its own.

Last edited:
Maynard is an insufferable weiny who needs to get his ass kicked.

He's good at what he does, though. But I can't imagine his bandmates actually enjoying his company. Danny, Adam and Justin seem like really cool guys and they are responsible for like 90% of the music. Maynard just throws vocals on top of everything and bobs and weaves on the stage pretending to have sex with himself.

I love that band though

Spot on!! Maynard's voice and vocals aren't what Tool is about and isn't what carries the bad. It's the tight drum, bass, and guitar riffs woven together. Listen to The Pot or 46&2 and just listen to the drums and bass working together. It's awesome.

I just wikipedia'd Maynard out of boredom and it turns out Maynard isn't even his real fuckin name.

It's a nickname he gave himself, an "Alter ego" he created in high school.

You DO realize that many musicians and a TON of actors use different names.

What sounds better?
Peter Hernandez or Bruno Mars?
Reginald Dwight or Elton John?
Mark Vincent or Vin Diesel?

You DO realize that many musicians and a TON of actors use different names.

What sounds better?
Peter Hernandez or Bruno Mars?
Reginald Dwight or Elton John?
Mark Vincent or Vin Diesel?

"Bruno Mars" and especially "Vin Diesel" are very stupid sounding. They should have kept their original names. Couple of douchebags too.

Elton's is an improvement, but he's also a solo project. His name is the name of the act. And his birth name is terrible.

"Maynard" is a member of the band Tool, the band isn't using his name. He's not an actor looking for name recognition. And he apparently hates attention and being a public figure in general so why change your name in a bid for attention? The guy seems confused to me, like that Green Day song, he's a "walking contradiction."

"Bruno Mars" and especially "Vin Diesel" are very stupid sounding. They should have kept their original names. Couple of douchebags too.

Elton's is an improvement, but he's also a solo project. His name is the name of the act. And his birth name is terrible.

"Maynard" is a member of the band Tool, the band isn't using his name. He's not an actor looking for name recognition. And he apparently hates attention and being a public figure in general so why change your name in a bid for attention? The guy seems confused to me, like that Green Day song, he's a "walking contradiction."

Your username fits you well. Vin Diesel and Bruno Mars are very catchy and memorable. Better than "John Smith". You just sound like an angry contrarian.

Your username fits you well. Vin Diesel and Bruno Mars are very catchy and memorable. Better than "John Smith". You just sound like an angry contrarian.

What is your deal kid? I pointed out a fact.

Back