UPSET ALERT: I’m not convinced Khabib is a 5 round fighter

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He’s only gone to the championship rounds twice, once against Conor who is a notorious gasser, and Al Iaquinta, in a fight where he stopped wrestling and went Econobeeb mode.

In a 3 round fight I think Khabib wins a decision here but 5 rounds is a looong time, just ask Cormier. Khabib is a very explosive fighter (no pun intended) and I don’t know if he can keep up this type of movement throughout the fight, which is why I speculate he’ll try to come in as light as he’s ever been to keep up the pace.

Dustin gets stronger as the fight progresses and technically, he’s got the stand up to give Khabib trouble and I think he’s going to land some significant strikes mid way through the fight.

Dustin has a very deceptive range awareness where he switches stances mid combination and lands shots you don’t expect. It also allows Dustin to cut off the cage exceptionally well because he can move laterally.

If at any point Khabib starts to take a back step I think we’ll see the tides turn in Dustin’s favor and land something significant.

Khabib’s wrestling obviously is the great equalizer in any match and I believe he should be favored over 100% of the LW roster, but I think Dustin and Tony are two fighters that have the best style and enough ‘crazy’ to give him problems, but the key here is, it’s a 5 round fight, not 3.

Just my opinion, it’s fun to try and find ways for the underdog to win, and I think very highly of Khabib. I hope it’ll be a very entertaining fight, a lot of eyes on this card.

See y’all Saturday morning !!

<{JustBleed}>

Khabib will make 5 rd fighters into street pizza

giphy.webp

Those first two rounds will be key for both fighters. It isn't good when Poirier has been taken down a few times already but I think his chances increase if he makes to the 4th round and can turn up the heat. Having said all that Khabib has so many watching him and I think he will take Dustin out in the 3rd.

He’s only gone to the championship rounds twice, once against Conor who is a notorious gasser, and Al Iaquinta, in a fight where he stopped wrestling and went Econobeeb mode.

In a 3 round fight I think Khabib wins a decision here but 5 rounds is a looong time, just ask Cormier. Khabib is a very explosive fighter (no pun intended) and I don’t know if he can keep up this type of movement throughout the fight, which is why I speculate he’ll try to come in as light as he’s ever been to keep up the pace.

Dustin gets stronger as the fight progresses and technically, he’s got the stand up to give Khabib trouble and I think he’s going to land some significant strikes mid way through the fight.

Dustin has a very deceptive range awareness where he switches stances mid combination and lands shots you don’t expect. It also allows Dustin to cut off the cage exceptionally well because he can move laterally.

If at any point Khabib starts to take a back step I think we’ll see the tides turn in Dustin’s favor and land something significant.

Khabib’s wrestling obviously is the great equalizer in any match and I believe he should be favored over 100% of the LW roster, but I think Dustin and Tony are two fighters that have the best style and enough ‘crazy’ to give him problems, but the key here is, it’s a 5 round fight, not 3.

Just my opinion, it’s fun to try and find ways for the underdog to win, and I think very highly of Khabib. I hope it’ll be a very entertaining fight, a lot of eyes on this card.

See y’all Saturday morning !!
The best chance that Dustin has is if Khabib falls in love with his boxing. We’ve never seen Khabib cut, bleeding, messy, rocked. He’s been untouched for the most part. So if Dustin can make it a scrappy, messy fight, he may find an Achilles heel in there. But he has to do SOMETHING to get Khabib off his game plan, because his game plan is too effective.

Last edited:
Dustin gets stronger as the fight progresses
seriously, who started this dumbass narrative. dustin's strongest rounds against max were the early rounds, NOT the late rounds lol... <{cruzshake}>

edit:
Screenshot (85).png

i honestly don't know how clearer this can get. dustin threw 115 strikes in round 1, and 60 strikes in round 5, where he had to resort to holding max against the cage for the majority of the round.

Last edited:
Dustin has only gone to the 4th round twice, he got submitted the first time and was completely gassed the second time and only went 33 seconds into the 4th. He’s never been to a 5th round. He’s got a worse track record than Khabib in championship rounds.
<BC1>

I've never seen khabib more tired than his opponent. I don't think his cardio is worrisome at all.

Forgot about the Holloway fight. He slowed down and was pretty tired at the end of that fight as well. He’s looked much more tired than Khabib has in championship rounds.

Dustin has only gone to the 4th round twice, he got submitted the first time and was completely gassed the second time and only went 33 seconds into the 4th. He’s never been to a 5th round. He’s got a worse track record than Khabib in championship rounds.
poirier-holloway2-fightmotion-750.jpg

<{Heymansnicker}><{Heymansnicker}><{Heymansnicker}>

Lol what a trash thread.

Khabib has been in more 5 round fights than Poirier.

Actually, Poirier has only been in one 5 round fight and it was against Holloway. A striker from a lower division and Poirier slowed down big time.

Imagine if that was Khabib grappling the fuck out of him.

Poirier's gas tank is way more suspect than Khabib's. Not to mention he hasn't faced any real wrestlers. And wrestling is much more taxing on the cardio.

Dustin is a good fighter but he's basic. Imagine comparing him to Tony who has a crazy arsenal compared to him.

tenor.gif

You got me, jumped the gun and forgot about that. You guys are quick, tried to delete within seconds realizing my mistake. But he slowed down at the end of that fight as well. He’s looked more gassed than Khabib has in championship rounds.

Last edited:
I think his dad said they only need 4 rounds so he should be good.

Back