• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Helwani: "Masvidal v Usman is the front runner."

Ufc doing a bidding war.. This means Masvidal is giving hes services for a low price... fighters doing this shit for free to get a stupid belt that gives them about 5% of the ppv split if they manage to defend..

This company is so ass backwards. Shelby is garbage

Colby was interim champion and they fucked him over, he should be negotiating for champion money.
Yeah but he was a completely pointless interm champion since the real champion fought like 2 months later and had only been out for 6 or so.

If the champ isn't going to be out for at least a full calendar year interm belts are just a gimmick and meaningless, might as well just give the guy a #1 contender ribbon instead so they don't have a meaningless belt to carry around and call themselves a champion.

Israel adesayna made 350k in his fight with gastelum. That's What Colby should be getting. He shouldn't be asking for more than that though.

While I believe Nate Diva is probably asking shitload of money, a lot more than he's worth, I'm pretty sure Colby is right in his demands. He is getting what run-of-the-mill soccer moms and instragram hoes are getting in WMMA, some of which on heavy losing streaks or with 5-6 fights in their resume.

And what's the point of Usman-Masvidal? Masvidal has nothing for Usman. I'm guessing some casuals will buy it, expecting another flying knee KO, but what'll they get is a 5-round hugfest in which Masvidal will be completely dominated.

He is getting what run-of-the-mill soccer moms and instragram hoes are getting in WMMA
No tears for a tough guy
<Fedor23>

Couldnt happen to a bigger wanker

Would think that he'd be begging for diaz, easier and way more money plus the hype if he wins could make up for the inevitable 25 minutes of usman laying on him.

I'm beginning to believe Usman and think that Colby doesn't believe he can win. Youd just take the fight for whatever as it's a title shot, if you believed in your own ability.

Reminder: Colby got $45k show/$45k win for his Lawler fight.

So, when they say "too much"...

He made 380 000 vs RDA...
Next fight is the 45K you claim, in a state that does not publish payouts..

Do you think he went from 380 000 to 45 000 in a few months?
Or could he be on a new contract?

He made 380 000 vs RDA...
Next fight is the 45K you claim, in a state that does not publish payouts..

Do you think he went from 380 000 to 45 000 in a few months?
Or could he be on a new contract?
Both he and RDA got paid $350k flat because they were challenging for the interim title. I'd think they would be offering him at least this much to challenge for the title. Wouldn't surprise me if he's pushing to get paid like a champion though. I can see the argument that he deserves it but I can't see it working for him if they've got other options.

How did this happen again? A month ago Masvidal was getting screwed, Dana denied him the TS, now Colbi is getting screwed and its MAsvidal again who is getting the TS. Haha. Soap.

Since 2014 WW had just 9 title fights. The last one was already in March. That's not even 2 title fights a year. No wonder that some WW leave the UFC, others go up or down in weight. And then those guys like Till get a title shot.
The times of the "stacked division" seem to be over in the UFC-WW division ....
I like Jorge for a long time and I begrudge him success, but a title fight after 2/2 in the last 4? Is that all that the UFC has to offer? Since they can be glad that Nate came back exactly in this division ....
The bald idiot ruins this sport, at least in some weight classes. Fighters with winning records are kicked off, and others with less than heady records get a title fight because they are creating a bit of hype right now.
All this has nothing to do with the meaning of mixed martial arts for me. The best wants to defeat the best, but certainly not the one who has the most Twitter follower.
Ridiculous....

guess colby is not confident that he can beat usman. would give him a ton of leverage, then he can make demands.

Main problem is despite his best efforts colby has repeatedly shown he is not a draw but sadly in his mind he believes himself to be on a similar level to Conor.

Masvidal has no chance with usman outside of a simar hail mary shot to what he did to askren.

I genuinely have more interest in nate v jorge than in watching usman defend his belt against anyone other than colby. Come on Dana pay these guys

They sideline Nate with Usman/Masvidal and then Dana uses that to keep saying Nate never takes fights and people here will believe Dana.

Maybe setting it up hoping Masvidal wins and then do Jorge v.s. Nate title fight?

Seems like they still think they need title fights to sell PPVs.

he just ko'd a top 5 and top 10 guy back to back, one of them in less than 5 seconds.
They shouldn't be ranked anywhere near that high imo. Till and Askren are a combined 6-3-1 in the UFC. It's a joke that either of them are top 10.

Back