UPSET ALERT: I’m not convinced Khabib is a 5 round fighter

I've had mostly the same thought leading up to this fight.

Khabib could've gone 5 with Conor easily because Conor is a gasser. And Al had taken that fight on what, 2 days notice? Khabib was winning, but he wasn't exactly having the easiest time against Al towards the end.

Dustin has good cardio and won't crumble in a fire-fight. Look at his fights against Eddie and Gathje.

I think it's Dustin's fight to win if he can make it to the 3rd. That said, it all depends on what Khabib can do in the first 2 rounds. If he absolutely mauls him for 2 rounds, I can see Dustin being severely comprimised going into the 3rd. If he reaches it relatively unscathed and Khabib starts to slow, I see him winning.

Khabib has finished more of his opponents than he has won by decision so you are wrong on that one.
Lmao I’m not talking Russian cans. His UFC career is what we need to go off of. Khabib was 12-0 in mma while being a two time sambo champ and fighting 0-0 mma fighters. His pre UFC career is the definition of can crushing

Lmao I’m not talking Russian cans. His UFC career is what we need to go off of. Khabib was 12-0 in mma while being a two time sambo champ and fighting 0-0 mma fighters. His pre UFC career is the definition of can crushing
You can go ahead and zero in on certain sections of Khabib's resume so it can better fit your argument. I look at things as a whole and he has finished the majority of his opponents and even if we use your dumb criteria, he is 11-0 in the UFC and has one more decision than a finish. That is nothing to bring up. Why you have such an issue with someone making a prediction, I'll never have a clue.

He’s an absolute juggernaut in the UFC. Why does his pre UFC career have anything to do with this fight?

I agree with you in some sense, not so much that Khabib doesn't have 5 rounds in him but that Dustin does tend to get better as the fight drags on.

Same way he does everyone. Maul them in the first and gas them, rinse repeat in round two with heavy ground and pound. Dustin glass chin won’t hold up.
Same way as everyone? He has 1 KO, and 1 TKO in a 11 UFC fights. He has a grinding style. It’s possible he gets an early finish, but his previous performances wouldn’t predict so.

Same way as everyone? He has 1 KO, and 1 TKO in a 11 UFC fights. He has a grinding style. It’s possible he gets an early finish, but his previous performances wouldn’t predict so.

It’s a prediction I made and could be wrong but that’s what I see. Maybe Dustin will surprise me again like he did vs. max.
I think khabib wants a finish but 50-44 ain’t bad either.

This seems like the most likely (still unlikely) scenario. Khabib decides to stand and trade late in the fight, and gets caught.

He’s only gone to the championship rounds twice, once against Conor who is a notorious gasser, and Al Iaquinta, in a fight where he stopped wrestling and went Econobeeb mode.

In a 3 round fight I think Khabib wins a decision here but 5 rounds is a looong time, just ask Cormier. Khabib is a very explosive fighter (no pun intended) and I don’t know if he can keep up this type of movement throughout the fight, which is why I speculate he’ll try to come in as light as he’s ever been to keep up the pace.

Dustin gets stronger as the fight progresses and technically, he’s got the stand up to give Khabib trouble and I think he’s going to land some significant strikes mid way through the fight.

Dustin has a very deceptive range awareness where he switches stances mid combination and lands shots you don’t expect. It also allows Dustin to cut off the cage exceptionally well because he can move laterally.

If at any point Khabib starts to take a back step I think we’ll see the tides turn in Dustin’s favor and land something significant.

Khabib’s wrestling obviously is the great equalizer in any match and I believe he should be favored over 100% of the LW roster, but I think Dustin and Tony are two fighters that have the best style and enough ‘crazy’ to give him problems, but the key here is, it’s a 5 round fight, not 3.

Just my opinion, it’s fun to try and find ways for the underdog to win, and I think very highly of Khabib. I hope it’ll be a very entertaining fight, a lot of eyes on this card.

See y’all Saturday morning !!

<{JustBleed}>
Wow what a bum opinion..

Still convinced?
<{Heymansnicker}>

Another finish so there you go :p

He’s only gone to the championship rounds twice, once against Conor who is a notorious gasser, and Al Iaquinta, in a fight where he stopped wrestling and went Econobeeb mode.

In a 3 round fight I think Khabib wins a decision here but 5 rounds is a looong time, just ask Cormier. Khabib is a very explosive fighter (no pun intended) and I don’t know if he can keep up this type of movement throughout the fight, which is why I speculate he’ll try to come in as light as he’s ever been to keep up the pace.

Dustin gets stronger as the fight progresses and technically, he’s got the stand up to give Khabib trouble and I think he’s going to land some significant strikes mid way through the fight.

Dustin has a very deceptive range awareness where he switches stances mid combination and lands shots you don’t expect. It also allows Dustin to cut off the cage exceptionally well because he can move laterally.

If at any point Khabib starts to take a back step I think we’ll see the tides turn in Dustin’s favor and land something significant.

Khabib’s wrestling obviously is the great equalizer in any match and I believe he should be favored over 100% of the LW roster, but I think Dustin and Tony are two fighters that have the best style and enough ‘crazy’ to give him problems, but the key here is, it’s a 5 round fight, not 3.

Just my opinion, it’s fun to try and find ways for the underdog to win, and I think very highly of Khabib. I hope it’ll be a very entertaining fight, a lot of eyes on this card.

<{JustBleed}>
Lol he was barely breathing after 3 rounds.

kebob is scared to go five rounds.
What a shitty insult lol. How dare he not want to fight for 5 rounds! I mean, we were always mad at GSP going 5 rounds and we get a champion who has defended his belt by finishing his opponents but now we know he's scared! What a pussy!

What a shitty insult lol. How dare he not want to fight for 5 rounds! I mean, we were always mad at GSP going 5 rounds and we get a champion who has defended his belt by finishing his opponents but now we know he's scared! What a pussy!

Bro....

<{JustBleed}>
Where are you? you got lots of explaining to do.

Back