UPSET ALERT: I’m not convinced Khabib is a 5 round fighter

Sorry for the name calling, account betting on Poirier would be suicide I mean, shit I’ve had this account since 2007 and never been banned.

However, I do think Dustin is being overlooked according to how big of a dog he is. I’m just having fun at looking for opportunities for David to beat Goliath.

As a life long martial artist myself I gotta always look at the possibilities.

Haha no worries. I was shit posting and had it coming.

And I don't overlook Dustin either....Khabib or not he's still a very good fighter. It kinda sucks too because I like Dustin and generally hope for him to win, I just don't think he has the defense to stop what Khabib brings.

I'm not, sounds like you are. "Spoiler Alert!! Khabib can't go 5 hard." Like are you serious? You forgot "Breaking:". I said this shit 12 times already.. in very long paragraphs...
No one cares.

He’s only gone to the championship rounds twice, once against Conor who is a notorious gasser, and Al Iaquinta, in a fight where he stopped wrestling and went Econobeeb mode.

In a 3 round fight I think Khabib wins a decision here but 5 rounds is a looong time, just ask Cormier. Khabib is a very explosive fighter (no pun intended) and I don’t know if he can keep up this type of movement throughout the fight, which is why I speculate he’ll try to come in as light as he’s ever been to keep up the pace.

Dustin gets stronger as the fight progresses and technically, he’s got the stand up to give Khabib trouble and I think he’s going to land some significant strikes mid way through the fight.

Dustin has a very deceptive range awareness where he switches stances mid combination and lands shots you don’t expect. It also allows Dustin to cut off the cage exceptionally well because he can move laterally.

If at any point Khabib starts to take a back step I think we’ll see the tides turn in Dustin’s favor and land something significant.

Khabib’s wrestling obviously is the great equalizer in any match and I believe he should be favored over 100% of the LW roster, but I think Dustin and Tony are two fighters that have the best style and enough ‘crazy’ to give him problems, but the key here is, it’s a 5 round fight, not 3.

Just my opinion, it’s fun to try and find ways for the underdog to win, and I think very highly of Khabib. I hope it’ll be a very entertaining fight, a lot of eyes on this card.

See y’all Saturday morning !!

<{JustBleed}>
Let’s see how good Dustin’s cardio is after the first round of being in closed guard with khabib beating the shit out of him

Shut up mod. Yup. You one of em. You should know better dummy.
Know better than what? To avoid reading your posts?

Some of the other ones I was sure about have pre-emptively blocked me. Ask your fellow mods I'm right when I accuse people of this verified from other people maybe not every but most of the time.

"With a name and AV like that, I'd like to buy you a drink sometime." You, to me, 4 years ago. You broke my heart Floki. You broke my heart. Now get in the boat.

Can we just re-open my call-out thread and let SD decide if I'm right or wrong. I outed like ten of you at one time super bitter over my winnings then you guys deleted the thread after I humiliated the lot of you. So f'n bitter..
Truthfully i am not a mod and have not the slightest idea what you are talking about regarding call outs etc.

Its only the self centered bitching that someone didnt read some earlier thread of yours that im commenting on. You aught to relax,it aint that sereiux.

You all deny it then I get it verified from others so say what you want you get paid something to be here. Just like TS. Admit it. He did. Two weeks ago. You're a complete shill bro.. just embrace it.
<Fedor23>

I don't know, I think Khabib's cardio might be an issue, but I just don't think Dustin is the guy to expose it. My money is on Tony.

Agreed. I'm on board with the point TS is making re: potential weakness in Khabib's championship round cardio, but I don't think Porier has the right skillset to capitalize on it.

Some of the other ones I was sure about have pre-emptively blocked me. Ask your fellow mods I'm right when I accuse people of this verified from other people maybe not every but most of the time.

"With a name and AV like that, I'd like to buy you a drink sometime." You, to me, 4 years ago. You broke my heart Floki. You broke my heart. Now get in the boat.

Can we just re-open my call-out thread and let SD decide if I'm right or wrong. I outed like ten of you at one time super bitter over my winnings then you guys deleted the thread after I humiliated the lot of you. So f'n bitter..

Damn. You need to go outside. You're way too invested in this shit.

Also people are forgetting that Khabib has a history of getting injured more than the average fighter. With the fight being in Abu Dhabi, it's a decent chance that Khabib will fight injured thinking that allah is going to help him.

Yeah that thread they made me pissed me off something awful. Called me a liar until I threw all that money on the table. Then they deleted it. You don't know shit, you probably do though. You are now invested too. Why?

Because maybe I'm also a mod? Or perhaps a "paid schill"?

<Wink>

Also people are forgetting that Khabib has a history of getting injured more than the average fighter. With the fight being in Abu Dhabi, it's a decent chance that Khabib will fight injured thinking that allah is going to help him.
Overactive imagination there,champ

He's definitely had to pace himself. If you're gonna beat him, it'll be in the championship rounds.

Those first two rounds will be key for both fighters. It isn't good when Poirier has been taken down a few times already but I think his chances increase if he makes to the 4th round and can turn up the heat. Having said all that Khabib has so many watching him and I think he will take Dustin out in the 3rd.
Besides Conor, who is known to lose to subs. Khabib has one other finish in like 5 years. I doubt Dustin, who has great cardio, solid bjj, and 5 round experience is gonna get finished in the 3rd. Khabib couldnt even threaten Al with anything in 5 rounds. Khabib couldnt even finish Barboza and Barboza was spent by the the end of the first.

Khabibs never had good finishing ability.

Nah one glimpse at your post history you are no mod.

@HHJ stfu. Been saying Khabib has no gas over a year bro "not just this week." Been leaning back and forth towards Dustin for months. At least it's not the front page ripping my shit off this time. "Mercurial" on same day lmao. The list would go on forever.

Hallway monitor. People like you get slapped where I come from.
*exerts hidden mod powers*

Thought you meant "we don't care" to something else entirely. Sorry @HHJ my b man. Yeah u right Idc either when he posts good shit I like it. For some reason i thought we were talking about something else. My b and apologies.

Besides Conor, who is known to lose to subs. Khabib has one other finish in like 5 years. I doubt Dustin, who has great cardio, solid bjj, and 5 round experience is gonna get finished in the 3rd. Khabib couldnt even threaten Al with anything in 5 rounds. Khabib couldnt even finish Barboza and Barboza was spent by the the end of the first.

Khabibs never had good finishing ability.
Khabib has finished more of his opponents than he has won by decision so you are wrong on that one.

He’s only gone to the championship rounds twice, once against Conor who is a notorious gasser, and Al Iaquinta, in a fight where he stopped wrestling and went Econobeeb mode.

In a 3 round fight I think Khabib wins a decision here but 5 rounds is a looong time, just ask Cormier. Khabib is a very explosive fighter (no pun intended) and I don’t know if he can keep up this type of movement throughout the fight, which is why I speculate he’ll try to come in as light as he’s ever been to keep up the pace.

Dustin gets stronger as the fight progresses and technically, he’s got the stand up to give Khabib trouble and I think he’s going to land some significant strikes mid way through the fight.

Dustin has a very deceptive range awareness where he switches stances mid combination and lands shots you don’t expect. It also allows Dustin to cut off the cage exceptionally well because he can move laterally.

If at any point Khabib starts to take a back step I think we’ll see the tides turn in Dustin’s favor and land something significant.

Khabib’s wrestling obviously is the great equalizer in any match and I believe he should be favored over 100% of the LW roster, but I think Dustin and Tony are two fighters that have the best style and enough ‘crazy’ to give him problems, but the key here is, it’s a 5 round fight, not 3.

Just my opinion, it’s fun to try and find ways for the underdog to win, and I think very highly of Khabib. I hope it’ll be a very entertaining fight, a lot of eyes on this card.

See y’all Saturday morning !!

<{JustBleed}>

*facepalm*

Back