In hindsight, Silva’s performance vs Adesanya is impressive

That is why Nobody can deny that Anderson is the greatest mw of all time. A prime Anderson beats any mw or LHW in mma history (maybe except Jones).
Not a prime Weidman. But yeah I think prime AS would rule MW today since they're all strikers (Izzy/Rob/Paulo)

It was a glorified sparring match where neither fighter did much of anything.

That is why Nobody can deny that Anderson is the greatest mw of all time. A prime Anderson beats any mw or LHW in mma history (maybe except Jones).
Any light heavy in history? Gtfo lmao

Anderson Silva couldn't even finish Demian Maia and Maia was pushing the fight in the end trying to goad Andy to a striking battle. Ever since I saw that I thought Silva is overrated.

The truth is only one: There is no fighter like ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA out there and will never exist one. He is a fucking legend, a genius, he owns the MATRIX.

RESPECT the number one undisputed GOAT. NO ONE can do what he did inside the octagon. THAT'S the truth.
cdjbszoo0duc7zhxpygm102ok.jpg

Adesanya carried him to a decision, since there would have been nothing happy about knocking out his former idol

Imagine what prime Silva would do against a journeyman like Weidman

Oh wait...

XAXovUa.gif

Is Silva done? I'd like Silva vs Bobby.
I didnt even know Silva fought again after Izzy already! Headkick KO by Cannonier huh!!

Romero smashes Izzy and any version of Anderson. In the same night. 2 on 1.

Not a prime Weidman. But yeah I think prime AS would rule MW today since they're all strikers (Izzy/Rob/Paulo)
I think he would. Weidman is a typical powerful wrestler. But also pretty slow And predictable. Dangerous, sure, but also makes a lot of mistakes. I dont think a 30-35 year old Anderson would let that pass.

Imagine what prime Silva would do against a journeyman like Weidman

Oh wait...

XAXovUa.gif

So Prime Silva had 37 fights and was 40 years old and already had multiple UFC records?
LMAO
Weidman never fought prime Silva.

This. Silva is one of Israel's idols. I dont think he was really going for the KO.
Silva was playing with him too much at times and did the “I’m letting you hit me” stand there and take it. More than once Izzy had free shots to the face of Anderson.

And numerous times Andy was chasing him down barely off timing and inches away from KO strikes.

Izzy was in trouble a few times, a slightly younger Andy Ko’s Him. His timing and speed were off a step, and let some on the button stikes barely miss as Izzy was escaping.

Or a more series, not playing around Andy doesn’t let izzy take multiple free shots to the face that take their toll over time, and some of those shots that barely missed after that don’t miss.

Izzy ko’d, doesn’t fight Whitaker, never champ.

Prime Andy would steamroll Izzy, Rob and Costa.

I just knew this thread would pop-up the moment Israel won, ofcourse it was a good performance, but now we are giving credit for losing matches?

Sure... Two great fighters have a great fight.

After two great fighters compete, only one fighter is now great?

Back