ISRAEL ADESANYA IS FIGHTER OF THE YEAR

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
ISRAEL LITERALLY BEAT ANDERSON SILVA, BEAT GASTELUM IN THE FIGHT OF THE YEAR TO WIN THE INTERIM MW TITLE, AND KNOCKED OUT ROBERT WHITTAKER TWICE IN THE SAME FIGHT TO BECOME THE MW CHAMPION.

OH AND GET THIS, IT WAS ALL IN THE SAME YEAR, 2019.
<GrassoBless>

Last edited:
Nope. Fastest KO in the UFC, KO of the Year, BMF Belt.

J o r g e GAMEBRED got this

There are two awards as far as I know.

Jorge gets breakthrough, KO and comeback of the year award.

Izzy gets fighter of the year and fight of the year.

No controversy.

/thread

Nope. Fastest KO in the UFC, KO of the Year, BMF Belt.
J o r g e GAMEBRED got this

I agree.

It is actually easier, and more commonplace, to "win a Championship" ... than it is to earn the absolute fastest KO in UFC history.

Championship titles change hands all the time; world records change hands rarely, if ever. (Especially against undefeated fighters.)

What makes Masvidal's world record accomplishment all the more special is it was planned.

He saw the opportunity in Askren's MO, he planned for it, he trained for it, and Masvidal executed his plan to perfection. This is actually never occurred before in the history of MMA.

Nah. Even if I dont care for the little guys, Cejudo is fighter of the year. Nobody is close.

I love Mas And Israel, but what they did was kind of expected.

There are two awards as far as I know.

Jorge gets breakthrough, KO and comeback of the year award.

Izzy gets fighter of the year and fight of the year.

No controversy.

/thread
giphy.gif

Fighter of the year is clearly Weidman.

I'd personally go for Masvidal.

Underdog against Till, gets a brutal KO. Underdog against Askren, brutal KO in record time. Also an absolute smashing of Diaz.

ISRAEL LITERALLY BEAT ANDERSON SILVA, BEAT GASTELUM IN THE FIGHT OF THE YEAR TO WIN THE INTERIM MW TITLE, AND KNOCKED OUT ROBERT WHITTAKER TWICE IN THE SAME FIGHT TO BECOME THE MW CHAMPION.

<GrassoBless>
<LikeReally5>

HE BEAT DJ IN 2018.
Sure, 2018 was a decent year for him, but 19 was his year. He beat the BW champ (TJ) that DJ ducked, and that everyone expected to beat him (at fl w). Then he moved up to beat another bw champ. He was a double champ in 2019,

I agree.

It is actually easier, and more commonplace, to "win a Championship" ... than it is to earn the absolute fastest KO in UFC history.

Championship titles change hands all the time; world records change hands rarely, if ever. (Especially against undefeated fighters.)

What makes Masvidal's world record accomplishment all the more special is it was planned.

He saw the opportunity in Askren's MO, he planned for it, he trained for it, and Masvidal executed his plan to perfection. This is actually never occurred before in the history of MMA.
Except when conor knocked out aldo in 13 seconds in the fastest ko in a championship fight that he was shown in the back planning literally right before the fight lmao you fans are funny with the and "this has actually never occurred in the history of mma lmao..

either short memories or maybe you just did not know? Or you're just not a fan of conor, either way he did it before jorge like the guy or not.

<GrassoBless>
One 45 years old and Two Ex Welterweights.

Kevin Lee has KO of the year IMO.

Best high kick KO I've seen in a while.

It's like he had a shotgun attached to his foot.

Last edited:
DJ's run on ONE and winning the Grand Prix is pretty impressive.
Douglas Lima KTFO of Michael Page and winning back the belt is also worth mentioning.

Beating a 44yo Anderson in 2019 means next to nothing. He robbed Brunson and hasnt legit won a fight since 2012

Kelvin was a good win but it was FOTY and he got his ass kicked in it as well. It was 2-2 heading into the 5th

and Kelvin just got outclassed and shutout by Darren who Jorge brutally KTFO

Izzys FOTY claims stands almost solely on the Whittaker win which was fantastic and one of the best wins of the year to be fair

Izzy is fighter of the year. This really isn't debatable. Definitely not debatable if you're putting him up against Masvidal.

Back