Masvidal respond to sherbros obsessed with size.

He was talking about athletes actually... And he's right and your wrong
We saw what roger Huerta did too a larger football player. I ran around with wrestlers in college and I saw a 177 lb beat the hell out of a future nfl lineman . It was no contest and he gave up 100 lbs

So even though I see this issue both ways, I'll say this: There have been several times over the years where my professor entrusted me to live roll with the new(er) white belts that had some pretty clear signs of an acai-heavy diet until they either quit or toned down the spaz factor, this being after injuries were sustained by others of similar experience level. Typically, I would spend roughly the first 60-90 seconds of a five-minute round either maintaining guard with an elbow mushed into my face while he spazzed out trying to pass or being slammed repeatedly during scrambles. This process would generally result in gassing, at which point I'd be able to sweep/submit.

My point is, on pavement and with any and all wild strikes allowed, I'm not willingly jumping into that scenario unless I absolutely can't avoid it. So yes, to a degree strength/size present an X-factor for those of us with healthy egos.

Actually Max is a purple belt.

I'm sorry. Point still stands. An awful lot of low level belts, and underwhelming black belts in mma right now.

And wrestlers. Really a huge advantage being a black belt or a quality wrestler in this climate

Kane in his prime would destroy the UFC...

images.jpeg-5.jpg

Kane would break Masvidal's back using strictly Pro Wrestling moves

The odds of that punch landing are astronomical. Of course, "anything can happen" in a fight, but Jorge wins 99/100.

You think prime Kimo beats Jorge Masvidal?

Nah, he's getting ktfo or tapped just like Royce did to him.

i didn't say prime Kimo would beat Masvidal, but there are definitely gigantic athletes who could significantly raise the percentage of landing a fight changing/ending blow on Masvidal given their athleticism. big fast guys are dangerous no matter who you are.

I think people who keep stating Brock and Greg would beg to differ are missing the point here...as both of those guys trained...they both have martial arts experience, Lesnar especially had a ton of wrestling prior to even training for MMA....but make no mistake both of them had trained their asses off before ever stepping into a cage professionally....they don't just let them walk in without that.

Morons....everywhere.
Seriously. On a guys first day sparring I'll fuck them up, doesn't matter if they have a 100lbs on me. I have worked over guys who played football for DI schools on their first day. They make so many mistakes it's hard not to take them down and submit them. I don't want to fight any heavyweight who's trained hard for 6 months.

I know the retards will say "I'm very badass" but I would say most people over 160lbs who's trained 4-5 years can say the same thing. Training didn't use to be such a rare thing in MMA forums.

People brought examples like Hardy and Brock
Brock was a wrestler since childhood - not a good example at all
Hardy trained MMA before fighting in MMA and has good KO power (not many 300 pounds guys have such KO power) - not a good example

The odds of that punch landing are astronomical. Of course, "anything can happen" in a fight, but Jorge wins 99/100.

You think prime Kimo beats Jorge Masvidal?

Nah, he's getting ktfo or tapped just like Royce did to him.

i know, it sounds ridiculous but in reality it isn't. the big guy possibly could have quite a few advantages on Masvidal whether you'd like to admit it or not. you pick prime Kimo but what if the 300lb guy was Greg Hardy?

if Masvidal gets surprised by his athleticism, the game is over. all it takes is one time he zigged when he should've zagged.

I don’t think people really believe that do they? I’m no world class athlete or fighter and I could tap guys in training way way above my weight class even the same rank as me I was just faster and more technical and approached it correctly as a Batam weight blue belt I tapped heavy weight purple belts and that’s not to brag it seemed entirely normal. It’s not as easy but most martial arts techniques applied aren’t based on our muscling your opponent . I feel like jiujitsu teaches you the fastest skill and technique comes first over athleticism and size.

With no martial arts training at all? Sure. But guys like greg hardy and brock lesnar are living proof that athleticism makes up for a lot of experience.

Edit: I know Brock Lesnar wrestled in college. My point was that I would pick Brock Lesnar before his first ufc fight to beat Masvidal now. Size matters when the big guy has even a little bit of skill.
An NCAA Champion is a universe of difference from a guy that doesn't know what he's doing.

Yeah im not taking Masvidal vs a jj watt kind of guy in a street fight.
masvidal would ko the fuck out of JJ watt in a minute. Cardio is far too Important in a fight.
Especially a WW. They would fuck nfl players up as many of them are close to 200 lbs anyway. masvidal is 180 but it would make no difference. Fight cardio is different to sport cardio.

Yes JJ watt with a bit of training would probably beats masvidal but if he faces him without fight experience he would get flatlined.

So even though I see this issue both ways, I'll say this: There have been several times over the years where my professor entrusted me to live roll with the new(er) white belts that had some pretty clear signs of an acai-heavy diet until they either quit or toned down the spaz factor, this being after injuries were sustained by others of similar experience level. Typically, I would spend roughly the first 60-90 seconds of a five-minute round either maintaining guard with an elbow mushed into my face while he spazzed out trying to pass or being slammed repeatedly during scrambles. This process would generally result in gassing, at which point I'd be able to sweep/submit.

My point is, on pavement and with any and all wild strikes allowed, I'm not willingly jumping into that scenario unless I absolutely can't avoid it. So yes, to a degree strength/size present an X-factor for those of us with healthy egos.
As a side note, you made a good point about why TDD is crucial in street fights on pavement.

Back