• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Trump Ukraine V 13 -Impeachment Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Democrats are never going to get 20 Republican senators to vote to remove. It is a matter of making them look like they have no excuse why they vote to acquit and making the other party look bad.

I think a lot of suburban women watching today who didn't already dislike Trump will be turned off by Trump after Yovanovitich testimony today. She said being removed is a president's decision. But no need to smear and question her reputation. She is right too.

The Kent, Taylor and Yovanovitch all look like solid people. The people who voted for Trump as a wrecking ball have a hard time making them villains.

Oh my, here comes the loveable Zebby with the insults again. Is it not lost on you that you, right now, are doing exactly what you accuse me of? Sounds about right for your side. :p

Pro Tip: You and I seem to get along just fine outside of Politics. I've liked a lot of your posts and you've liked a few of mine. it seems in this venue that you let your ego get involved and you get upset and lash out. Here's the deal. Insult me again, and I simply ignore your posts Fair?

Seriously. Take stock. it's only Politics. No need to get nasty all the time. It's people like you and some of your buddies in the squad here that keep our Country from coming together. You have no desire for honest debate when you start each post with a personal insult. ;)
It is easy to throw insults around on a forum but unless it's a personal attack it's pretty much par for the course. A "that sounds dumb" should barely register on your outrage meter.

Lol we have a mod posting in a political discussion calling his president a moron-in-chief. This thread is almost as much of a clown show as this whole coup attempt from the democrats.
Mods have a right to express their opinions too. We have some on both sides of the issue.

This board is completely infested with career trolls and they are empowered when engaged with

I hope Rudy was watching today. He is getting set up as the fall guy. They are going to say Rudy went Rogue. Trump was smart involving Rudy in his QpQ schemes with the Ukriane. That way if busted Rudy takes the bullet.

He is under investigation by federal prosecutors already. https://www.wsj.com/articles/federa...inks-to-ukrainian-energy-projects-11573837576

Trump's comments in the perfect call will be hard to make it look like Trump didn't know what Rudy was doing.

Mr. Giuliani is a highly respected man. He was the mayor bf New York City, a great mayor, and I would like him to call you. I will ask him to call you along with the Attorney General. Rudy very much knows what's happening and he is a very capable guy. If you could speak to him that would be great.

giphy.gif
Trump gets away with waving off that type of behavior because he has lawyers like Sekulow. You only have...you. Which is to say just a guy that stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :D

You seem to really only make posts that make
You feel good inside. Not a single fact in any of your posts really. It makes you feel so good to say Dems want to undue the 2016 election but the election is less than a year away. How dumb does that sound?
Undo*

If it's any consolation, I don't believe for a minute that you sincerely think any of this is actually impeachable or that this will lead to Trump being removed. You aren't stupid. You are an activist who is trying to have Trump removed from office.

I suppose I can respect that, but I don't respect the pretending this is a legit way for Schiff and the members of the House to behave. This is an attempt to smear Trump and effect the outcome of the 2020 election in their favor, because they know they can't win at the ballot box. They've been after Trump from the moment he took office.

We have actual work (USMCA) that needs to be done and all the Dems have done is focus on this bullshit. If you really do think Trump will be removed over this phone call when even Democrats are saying it will never happen... then I'd ask you the same question you just posed to me. ;)
Oh I don’t think he’ll be removed from office.

I have serious issues with it and I don’t like the fact
How do you think it will end?

If they are not able to convince even a single republican, they will get destroyed politically. The President of the United States isn't invincible, but extremely powerful and this is why a removal requires bi-partisan support. If the dems can't deliver hard evidences of a high crime, if they are not able to build up enough pressure on the republicans, they will collapse sooner or later. It's a risky strategy, which can backfire easily.

It's not enough just to hate Trump or to criticize his rude behavior in order to justify a removal. This is why there are elections. I don't know if it's too late, but it would be wise to jump off the impeachment train.

I was surprised. Even more bad news for Schiff.

They won’t convince a single republican. I don’t think they get slaughtered. Regardless of the evidence presented, Trump has successfully taken control of the Republican Party and has made them his bitch. Every single R needs his support to get re-elected. Personal preservation is taking place before common sense.

Oh I don’t think he’ll be removed from office.

I have serious issues with it and I don’t like the fact

They won’t convince a single republican. I don’t think they get slaughtered. Regardless of the evidence presented, Trump has successfully taken control of the Republican Party and has made them his bitch. Every single R needs his support to get re-elected. Personal preservation is taking place before common sense.
Were there any republicans in Senate during Obama years? Need trump lol get a grip

I must admit, I found the closed door testimony of Vindman to be extremely disturbing. Just not in a way that hurts Trump. He really seemed to encompass the definition of a Deep State NeoCon. And he did not seem to be very knowledgeable on what was actually going on in Ukraine.

I'm sure hes a great man who served his country but really seems to be a bad witness. Will be a mistake to have him testify publicly imo.

I honestly believe today was the best the Dems can get.

I now think there is a chance the impeachment vote does not even pass
So you thought today was more effective testimony than Wednesday was?

Trump was frustrated the GOP reps told him to stop sending non stop talking points yesterday. They know they need to stay on set message and be cohesive and not reactionary.

That frustrated Trump today and is why, I bet, he went on the Twitter attack. He thought the Repubs would read it, pick it up and use that line.

It had the opposite effect though as they now felt they had to be more gentle and attack less.

Stable genius at work there.
<TheDonald>

From David Holmes opening statement.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/opening-statement-david-holmes-impeachment-inquiry

Sondland said that whenever Rudy gets involved he goes and fucks everything up.

Holmes makes it out that is really really important to Zelenskyy to get a white house visit and he went to Brussell to go to a celebrate an independence day event with Sondland.

In the week before that Holmes said in an unconventional way Sondland, Perry and Perry's staff were working for developing prioirties with Zelenskyy's administration.

Holmes understood that a precondition to an oval office meeting was that Zelenskyy did a Biden/Burimsa investigation.

Holmes went to a restaurant with Sondland who called Trump and told him that Zenenskyy loved his ass. Trump asked if he would do the investigation. Sondland replied that he would do anything you ask to Trump - pg 6

Holmes asked Sondland what he thought Sondland thought Trump thought about Ukraine. Sondland agreed that Trump doesn't give a shit about Ukraine. He only cares about the big stuff. The stuff that benefits the president - the Biden investigation - end of page 6 -7

Remember when trump said he had never heard of either of these guys!?? I guess that little talk to rudy mention makes more sense now

From David Holmes opening statement.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/opening-statement-david-holmes-impeachment-inquiry

Sondland said that whenever Rudy gets involved he goes and fucks everything up.

Holmes makes it out that is really really important to Zelenskyy to get a white house visit and he went to Brussell to go to a celebrate an independence day event with Sondland.

In the week before that Holmes said in an unconventional way Sondland, Perry and Perry's staff were working for developing prioirties with Zelenskyy's administration.

Holmes understood that a precondition to an oval office meeting was that Zelenskyy did a Biden/Burimsa investigation.

Holmes went to a restaurant with Sondland who called Trump and told him that Zenenskyy loved his ass. Trump asked if he would do the investigation. Sondland replied that he would do anything you ask to Trump - pg 6

Holmes asked Sondland what he thought Sondland thought Trump thought about Ukraine. Sondland agreed that Trump doesn't give a shit about Ukraine. He only cares about the big stuff. The stuff that benefits the president - the Biden investigation - end of page 6 -7
A nice summary

I hope Sondland doesn't pussy out and say he doesn't recall the phone call.

Man Trump is unstoppable, his campaign brought in over 3 million dollars on day one of this hoax.

I wonder when all the Republican voters on this forum will admit that Trump is the most corrupt, amoral, immature, self-serving, anti-American piece of shit in the history of the office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back