• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

News BREAKING: Conor vs Cowboy (Official Mega Discussion)

Conor vs. Cowboy

• Total voters
Cowboy will get his payday and won't care too much about the result of the fight, he'll probably retire after losing

They will pay Cerrone to take a dive

I said this before and got swarmed for it... js lol

Cerrone is a pretty easy match up for him, If they did that Conor wouldn't know about it. It would make no sense for him to fix a fight against cerrone if he actually wants to fight Khabib again lol

Is cowboy managed by Ali? People say he ducked Justin which might be true but part of me thinks he wanted to spite Ali and not give him another mega paycheck.

I mean he did get Alvarez after Nate 2 at 170. I'm with you though, Gaethje should get the titel shot after Khabib vs Ferguson.

Im maybe out of reach but maybe Conor wants to test himself against Cerrone who was ranked 5 at welterweigt as highest. Maybe its a test fight before the Masvidal fight in the summer?
Who deserves the title shot doesn't mean anything in the UFC. the UFC will want to give Conor the title shot if he wins. The only way it won't happen is if Khabib beats Ferguson and refuses to let it happen.

Is cowboy managed by Ali? People say he ducked Justin which much be true but a part of me thinks he wanted to spite Ali and not give him another mega paycheck. H
But he wanted to fight Edgar and Edgar is managed by Ali.

True, forgot about that. Maybe that factored in when comparing Cowboy and Justin... he probably ducked Justin but I think he also feels good that he isn't giving Ali another big payday.

If conor loses they’ll just rematch them till they get the result they want

Personally I think Cowboy is the most winnable fight for Conor top 10 style-wise. Cerrone will be willing to stand and trade with him and Conor will likely catch him with that left and turn the lights out but it depends on what shape Conor shows up in. I hope the UFC matches him up with Gaethje next. Although I bet if Ferguson wins they'll instantly give a TS to Conor

Preach on, the cowboy disrespect is beyond stupid from TS, and people supporting "punching bag for years" the guy just had a good fight with Tony Ferguson FFS, AND TS calls him CM Punk level. This is a good fight not a freak fest. Cowboy is the #5 LW contender not some unranked can.
Its not disrespect... its facts... Cowboy is old, way past his prime, has taken a ton of damage in his last 2 fights(both losses) and is now going to face the best striker he has ever fought, and yes even a washed up Conor would still be the best striker he has fought.... This is a freak show fight, anyone who disagrees cant see their biased towards Conor
Punching bag for years?

Isn't he 3-2 in the past 12 months? How come the two guys that he beat couldn't win against a punching bag?

Your OP is really stupid.
as much as i love explaining things to you snowflakes it just seems that it never is enough because you ppl are just fucked up in the head beyond anything that can be fixed....

Cowboy is 4-6 in his last 10 fights, 4 of those 6 losses have been by TKO.

His win over meathead Perry was just that... Perry being a meathead... anyone with any MMA knowledge knows that as long as Perry does not take that fight to the ground he was going to win that fight pretty easily. The Hernandez win is self explanatory... most people dont even know who this kid is, beyond him being just that... a kid....out of Cowboys last 3 wins, only the Iaquinta win is actually legit.

Cowboy has been a gate keeper for years, has taken tons of damage when facing top tier competition and is now well beyond his prime both age and health wise. If you dont see why this is a freak show then as ive already stated, explaining things to you snowflakes is just simply not feasible at this point.

LET´S DO DIS!!!

{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}

<28>

<{danawhoah}>{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}

upload_2019-4-25_20-16-25-png.572503
lol

Makes sense. He can’t beat anyone else in the top 10. Hope cowboy retires this clown.
And I am happy cowboy gets a payday.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/5/...gregor-fights-is-a-big-misconception-mma-news

“I don’t know about this payday talk,” Cerrone said. “Everyone thinks you fight Conor, you get paid. We’re under contract, man. Now with the ESPN thing, the pay-per-view buys are already done. It’s not like we get – so it’s a big misconception. Conor might get paid. ‘Cowboy’ might get a little bump, but it’s not a $10 million night for me by any means.”

I was all for this match up in 4 years ago when Conor decide to fight someone that on vacation instead. Just like then this is selective match making.

Mods deleted my post but in honor of this fight I will be meeting the 170 pound limit . I’ve done it for previous Conor fights . I’m five foot 9 . But for the diaz fights I only made it to 158( never weight above that in my life ) . Anybody wanna join in ? Or have tips to gain . And before anyone flame me . The shit is actually really fun to do. To make weight for a big event

I get your point, but Alvarez had the luckiest of his nights against RDA with that punch and you know it.
Maybe, but you could equally argue Alvarez now gets criminally underrated around here given how easily Conor disposed of him. You don't win belts in both the UFC and Bellator without being a quality fighter.

Back