News BREAKING: Conor vs Cowboy (Official Mega Discussion)

Conor vs. Cowboy

• Total voters
I'm a conor hater, but this is the fight conor had to make. I get it 100%. he needs a winnable fight against a name. this is his best option. but to hardcore fans, we know cowboy has won a mere 4 fights out of his last 10 and he's a gatekeeper with a name at best. which equals the best option for Mcgregor

Besides this fight being as much of a freak show as having CM punk in the ufc, or having ksi vs logan paul in the ufc, im guessing Conor will get to ask for a title shot after he KO's Donald? Like lets face it.... Donald has been a punching bag for a few years now and even a washed up Conor would be the best striker Donald has faced in a long time, either way, i guess its a nice freebie for Conor to pay off some of those lawyer bills and then ask for a big boy fight.
perfect fight at perfect time, and the tabloids will say HE'S BACK!

Welterweight favors Cerrone, but Conor should obviously be the favorite.

It’s at Welterweight, Conor is gonna get sparked by Cowboy. You’re telling me Conor hits harder than the Ruthless one and will be able to stop cowboys takedowns at 170!?
It's not just his power, it's his accuracy and speed that is the real danger.
Harder to take a punch you don't see coming, especially when it's right on the button

Yes you are

You don't know who I am or what kind of fights I am interested in.

To me, this fight is like GSP vs Bisping minus a belt on the line. Semi-retired former champion vs journeyman. Yawn.

Remember when Hernandez thought he could use Cerrone as a stepping stone? Now, let’s be clear, I’m not saying Conor is the same level as Hernandez but he better not take him lightly cuz he’s gonna get a motivated and fired up Cerrone. This is not a gimme. Conor is not the same guy he was heading up to Aldo. I still think Conor will win but wouldn’t be shocked if Cerrone beat him. I’m looking forward to see if Conor still has the magic. Way more pressure on him than Cerrone and that is huge

Cerrone could definitely win, but only if he can survive the early attacks of Conor. Conor is the most dangerous in rounds 1 and 2, his precision and power is on point. We all know Cerrone is a slow starter typically, so this could be a short night.

If Cerrone can fight smart, maybe try for some takedowns here and there to keep Conor thinking about something else and tire him out a bit. Conor is coming from a long layoff and his cardio isn't exactly the best to begin with. This is one of those matches where its either Conor by KO early or Cerrone via sub (more likely than a KO) or decision past the second or maybe third round.

I like how Cerrone is a can now, meanwhile Khabib loveslaves were hyping up Iaquinta as a god on here until Cerrone absolutely dismantled him.

These guys calling Cowboy a easy fight and a gimme for Conor are retarded. Cowboy has only lost to the best guys like Ferguson and Gathje who are the two best LWs outside of the champ right now. And at WW to Till, Robbie in a super close fight, Masvidal and a decision to Edwards. So all in all he's only lost to top 5 guys are title contenders. And in between there he's got some nice wins too.

Conor is 2-2 in his last 4 and been completely inactive. But yet Cowboy gets shit on lol like its a gimme fight, what a joke.

It’s at welterweight so he can call out Masvidal for the BMF belt. That’s it.

Alot of people seem to have no idea what a tune up fight actually is
People misuse terms on here all the time. “Tune up fight” is one of them. Another:
Winnable fight for Conor

Cerrone has been a journeyman forever

Nobody on here seems to understand what a journeyman is.

I'm a conor hater, but this is the fight conor had to make. I get it 100%. he needs a winnable fight against a name. this is his best option. but to hardcore fans, we know cowboy has won a mere 4 fights out of his last 10 and he's a gatekeeper with a name at best. which equals the best option for Mcgregor
You don’t know what a gatekeeper is.

Cerrone fight is bullshit because his rank is bullshit and it's the easiest fight in top 10 for conor. A fighter on the way out to pasture at 40% win rate 10 fights, who will stand right in front of conor, who freezes like a deer in headlights in a big fights. It's bullshit Conor always gets the push because he sells. Not a real sport.

It will be hilarious if another gatekeeper smokes him though like Nate did.

Conor will have trouble stopping Cerrone's TD's at WW. Cowboy's strong at that weight, taken down some bigger guys, and it's not like Conor's good at getting up from the bottom. The cardio situation at WW is another thing. But on the feet, yes. The title shot will be vs Masvidal, as the WW belt was there already all this time and only now Conor's coming back.

Its not disrespect... its facts... Cowboy is old, way past his prime, has taken a ton of damage in his last 2 fights(both losses) and is now going to face the best striker he has ever fought, and yes even a washed up Conor would still be the best striker he has fought.... This is a freak show fight, anyone who disagrees cant see their biased towards Conor

as much as i love explaining things to you snowflakes it just seems that it never is enough because you ppl are just fucked up in the head beyond anything that can be fixed....

Cowboy is 4-6 in his last 10 fights, 4 of those 6 losses have been by TKO.

His win over meathead Perry was just that... Perry being a meathead... anyone with any MMA knowledge knows that as long as Perry does not take that fight to the ground he was going to win that fight pretty easily. The Hernandez win is self explanatory... most people dont even know who this kid is, beyond him being just that... a kid....out of Cowboys last 3 wins, only the Iaquinta win is actually legit.

Cowboy has been a gate keeper for years, has taken tons of damage when facing top tier competition and is now well beyond his prime both age and health wise. If you dont see why this is a freak show then as ive already stated, explaining things to you snowflakes is just simply not feasible at this point.

Freak show fight?? LOL, that is ridiculous, I can't even imagine how that word comes up here. Cowboy may be 4-6 but he's only lost to top 5 guys. Furthermore, his last two losses are to the two best guys at LW outside the champ. Within the same year that he lost to those two....he's dominated two top 10 guys in Iaquinta and Hernandez. Cowboy is still got it whether you like it or not. Cowboy right now is exactly what he's been his entire career. A very good fighter that can reach top 5, but can't beat the best guys. No shame in losing to the guys he's lost to, it's not like he's losing to bums.

BTW....it's cute how you spin numbers in your favor to downplay Cowboy and claim he''s 4-6. Why not say he's 4-3 in his last 7? Or why not say Cowboy was 6-4 during his run at WW and 2-2 at LW since coming back only losing to the best guys?

And while you're talking about Cowboy being passed it and using numbers...why not look at Conor who's been inactive and 2-2 in his last 4, nearly 1-3 if that MD went the other way vs Diaz.

This is actually a pretty solid fight.

Winnable fight for Cowboy... but he'll have to finish the fight... if this goes to the judges they'll fanboy out and give it to Conor no matter what IMO

oh of course,if he wins and I hope he losses and retires so people finally shut up about him

Back