Media Prime Johnny Hendricks was a MACHINE!

Hendricks never failed a test pre or post usada... isn’t that the ultimate benchmark for being a ‘clean’ fighter?
Generally yes. But suspicions were rampant on the months year following usada s arrival when certain individuals physiques drastically changed along with their performance output. Johnny fell into that category of having some pretty drastic changes once the guys in labcoats started sniffing around. So yeah he never had a positive test, but there was certainly means to be suspicious. Either way it's fairly moot now as I don't see him coming back in any meaningful capacity so just splitting hairs at this point.

I honestly believe it wasn't about juice.
I think he had a great coaching in Team Takedown. He was their key fighter, they dedicated it all to him.
Prior to Wonderboy fight, he decided to make a camp of his own and surrounded himsewlf with the bunch of bodies.

Saddest thing is, that Team Takedown itself folded...

Most MMA fighters at the top levels are on all sorts of PEDs, just like Olympic medalists, regardless of testing. Dont be fooled guys and people's careers fall off for all sorts of reasons.

Lol kind of is!

But there are those few select fighters whose prime ended almost immediately as soon as USADA partnered and announced the comprehensive year round drug testing. Johny is the poster boy for that, 16-3 until the day they announced the testing program, and 17-3 before it had any bearing on him as he fought less than a month after the announcement of the program (being eligible to be tested year round etc). He called for GSP to undergo additional testing for their fight, which GSP complied and exceeded with, but refused to take it himself.

He followed that up by disappearing for a year and then losing 5 of 6 fights, only winning against another roid monkey in Hector Lombar, who lost 6 straight after shockingly being popped for anabolic steroids.

Fails the old sniff test.

- i'm not claiming he wasn't sauced, the only one who really knows is him. but other changes came with USADA on top of just increased PED testing. dude was a life long wrestler who cut a huge amount of weight due to his shitty diet, and re-hydrated via IV. all of a sudden, he cannot do that. obviously, his own fault, but still going to impact his performance

- he went through some absolute wars with Lawler. plus again, a lifelong of high level wrestling which is just terrible for your body. he just looks worn out, like he's aged 15 years in the past 5

- the guy is not even in the UFC anymore. if he was juicing before, dont you think he'd get back into it for bare knuckle fighting? instead of showing up like a bald pepperoni stick with no chin

- mother fucker has 4 kids. i've got 2, and in combination with 2 dogs and a full time job, rarely have time to even make it to jiu jitsu anymore (from 5x a week to 1 - 2x a week if i'm lucky)

EDIT - couple people have said the same thing as me basically. i hadn't made it to the last page prior to typing up a reply

Last edited:
Roids? Nah. Homeboy just loved to eat. Inner fatboy his whole life starving himself to make weight and accomplish his dreams. Dream accomplished and he couldn't hold himself back. He needed to get the fries with the burger. He wanted fries for 20+ fucking years.

I honestly believe it wasn't about juice.
I think he had a great coaching in Team Takedown. He was their key fighter, they dedicated it all to him.
Prior to Wonderboy fight, he decided to make a camp of his own and surrounded himsewlf with the bunch of bodies.

Saddest thing is, that Team Takedown itself folded...

He was in terrible shape the last year or 2 of his career. There was clearly a lack of discipline later in his career.

6 losses vs 0. Deal with it, loser.
You can’t lose when you’re avoiding fighting the new evolved talent from your division and cherry-picking one eyed retirement home fighters.

imagine if gsp fought costa instead of Bisping at ufc 217. He would have tapped to strikes faster than when he fought Serra

You can’t lose when you’re avoiding fighting the new evolved talent from your division and cherry-picking one eyed retirement home fighters.

imagine if gsp fought costa instead of Bisping at ufc 217. He would have tapped to strikes faster than when he fought Serra
We only saw GSP fight a grand total of 1 time during the USADA era and he was gassing vs 39 year old Ping

Love the GSP riders making speculation (also known as fighter bashing) that Hendricks was a PEDs abuser. Yet, overlooking that an observant fan could make the very same claims against pre-2010 GSP. (Btw who equally deserves no bashing in this regard, now grease on the other hand...)

He always came across as having a few screws loose. Something aint right up there.

He really was.

His prime lasted like 1 year though.

I also believe he was juices to the gills.

He was a beast from his UFC debut when he flatlined Amir whatshimname in 30 seconds.

His hardest fights besides before GSP and Lawler were against Pierce and Koscheck, but they were still fun to watch.

I was a fan of his until the bullshitting after the second Lawler fight.

That said. He still really fucked himself by not going balls to the wall against GSP.

How does prime Johnny stack up vs Colby/Usman?

I say he beats both.

He does beat them both.

Better wrestler, FAR better striker, and can go five rounds. Well, not as good at cardio as Colby tho

what a beast. Him vs prime Woodley would be a stalemate I reckon.

I think he beats usman and Colby.

Great fighter.

Never bought into the roider narrative.

He never looked or fought like someone on roids. Think that's just an excuse from Salty GSP fans.

Fell off badly when he stopped taking his training seriously and neglecting his body when not in camp.

would prime Hendricks beat current costa though?
Huh? Prime Hendricks was all pressure...something Woodley always folded from, prime or not prime.

prime Woodley is a beast though. He can go 5 rounds. don't judge him by the usman fight. He looked deflated and that was demotitvated rapper Woodley.

prime Woodley was the one vs Lawler and wonderboy. Dude was a phenom.

wonderboy actually beat a prime Hendricks. don't forget.

Woodley at his best was one of the scariest fighters of all time.

him vs prime Hendricks would be a war. Woodley with the speed advantage. power is about equal. Hendricks had cardio but peak Woodley can go 5 rounds no problem.

Hendricks retired GSP by losing 3 rounds against him and therefore the fight. Not many men can say that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back