Economy Ocasio-Cortez takes victory lap after Amazon goes to NYC — even after she helped block $3 billion in

I'm sure we can trust Charlie Kirk's analysis of her statements. I'm sure he's an honest actor all of the sudden.[/QUOTE
I'm sure we can trust Charlie Kirk's analysis of her statements. I'm sure he's an honest actor all of the sudden.
or you could research it yourself but why would you go through that trouble

Brah. Old operation was pay 2.7 billion for 27.5 billion in return, so you do the math. Or if you really like math, Amazon was initially offering 25,000 jobs in Cortez district. Now they are only offering 1,500 jobs outside her district. Big pat on the back for herself and her constituents indeed.

well not good then.

whatever benefited the people more. 25,000 jobs vs 1500. I’d guess the 25,000 jobs to her area would have helped her people much more.

well not good then.

whatever benefited the people more. 25,000 jobs vs 1500. I’d guess the 25,000 jobs to her area would have helped her people much more.

Incorrect...the idea that more jobs being brought to a region becomes a boon to the economy there is a common fallacy (or something).

<seedat>

or you could research it yourself but why would you go through that trouble

Oh, I'm sure Charlie actually did his research, and isn't purposefully being dishonest like his long track record of doing so, and I'm sure you did your research before posting that idiot's tweet as well.

AOC didn't want the influx of capable income earners moving into her dirt poor district pushing out her base. She knows who her voters are.

well not good then.

By giving Amazon billions in tax breaks, corporate subsidies, and allowing them to not give the people taking these jobs sufficient hours or healthcare, thus shifting this burden to the state and federal governments?

Well done AOC.

Don't think you'll get the reaction you are hoping for. It's the Dem posters who refuse to give credit when it's due.

Don’t know if it’s better or worse for NY but would.

Oh, I'm sure Charlie actually did his research, and isn't purposefully being dishonest like his long track record of doing so, and I'm sure you did your research before posting that idiot's tweet as well.
Since you have no problem embarrassing yourself here often, I’ll keep on your status quo.
Common sense here says her parents had children right ? Her mom would claim her

any college student whose family is facing the same hardships that AOC did will still have access to the food stamp program. The changes being enacted will only affect able-bodied adults with no dependents.”

1. This doesn’t apply to moms and dads with kids. It only applies to adults without minors. Her mother would have continued receiving benefits if she claimed AOC as a dependent.

2. This doesn’t apply to a lot of food stamp recipients:elderly, disabled, pregnant women, or children. She assumes that many people will starve. If they fall into any of these categories that simply isn’t true. They would continue to receive their food assistance uninterrupted.

3. Able, childless adults who work part-time keep their food stamps. To avoid losing the benefits, able-bodied, working-age adults (ABAWDS) only need to work or train in a work program for at least 20 hours a week for longer than 3 months during any three-year period.

Since you have no problem embarrassing yourself here often, I’ll keep on your status quo.
Common sense here says her parents had children right ? Her mom would claim her

any college student whose family is facing the same hardships that AOC did will still have access to the food stamp program. The changes being enacted will only affect able-bodied adults with no dependents.”

1. This doesn’t apply to moms and dads with kids. It only applies to adults without minors. Her mother would have continued receiving benefits if she claimed AOC as a dependent.

2. This doesn’t apply to a lot of food stamp recipients:elderly, disabled, pregnant women, or children. She assumes that many people will starve. If they fall into any of these categories that simply isn’t true. They would continue to receive their food assistance uninterrupted.

3. Able, childless adults who work part-time keep their food stamps. To avoid losing the benefits, able-bodied, working-age adults (ABAWDS) only need to work or train in a work program for at least 20 hours a week for longer than 3 months during any three-year period.

You keep thinking that linking random tweets that single out data points and present them as the whole is somehow convincing to me. It's quite odd, but guys like Kirk love to do that, especially on things like healthcare.

You keep thinking that linking random tweets that single out data points and present them as the whole is somehow convincing to me. It's quite odd, but guys like Kirk love to do that, especially on things like healthcare.
You’re right AOC would of starved because even though her mom could claim her when she was 19 and I’m sure she did for tax money she would of died of starvation. Good counter point I concede.

You’re right AOC would of starved because even though her mom could claim her when she was 19 and I’m sure she did for tax money she would of died of starvation. Good counter point I concede.

Maybe AOC, Kirk and you are all wrong, and choosing to simply cherrypick single data points and are behaving without measure.

I don't think speaking like Ben Shapiro is smart in the least, but whatever.

Well good.

Is it the same amount of jobs coming? The same operation?
If this is the same thing that was reported before, no, not even close. It was supposed to be a headquarters in Queens and is now just an office space in Manhattan with about 6-7% of the jobs it was supposed to bring.

I posted in the old thread on this all of the tax incentive programs that were supposed to be used, and none of them were made for Amazon and have all been around for years and are available to any other qualifying company as well. Some tards actually thought the city was going to cut Jeff Bezos a check because they don't understand the difference between tax incentives and spending bills. I believe the only actual spending was a building grant for a few hundred thousand and the city would have taken in around $27 billion from it after the tax incentives, and now it's a small fraction of that from the office jobs.

I'm definitely not a fan of Jeff Bezos, nor am I fan of governments picking winners and losers by offering these incentives for large companies that apply to smaller ones, but I don't think they're getting rid of these programs for anyone else, she just wanted to exempt Amazon from applying them and it did cost the city billions.

Amazon Leases New
Manhattan Office Space, Less Than a Year After HQ2 Pullout

Amazon. com Inc. and Facebook Inc. are loading up on new office space in New York City, helping fuel an expansion of tech companies that is remaking a swath of Manhattan less than a year after Amazon dropped plans to build its second headquarters in the city.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ws...ess-than-a-year-after-hq2-pullout-11575671243

See what happens when you actually call corporate America on their BS?

They are liars. If they are going to put jobs somewhere for business reasons, tax incentives aren't going to change that. That is them just trying to fleece the public.

Fuck them.

Good for you AOC. Got bigger balls than every Republican when it comes to not being a corporate cuck.

Discuss.....

Brah. Old operation was pay 2.7 billion for 27.5 billion in return, so you do the math. Or if you really like math, Amazon was initially offering 25,000 jobs in Cortez district. Now they are only offering 1,500 jobs outside her district. Big pat on the back for herself and her constituents indeed.
25000 jobs by 2030. Not 25000 in year one or year two.

Hence take a look in 2030 and see how far off they end up. NYC is NYC, they're going to expand there no matter what. The only question is to what degree.

Those 25,000 jobs were going to be funded by at least 3 billion in government subsidies and occur over a ten year period, with the majority of them likely out of state hires who would raise local rental prices and worsen the situation of NYC taxpayers. Now Amazon has moved in anyways and is starting with 1,500 jobs from local hires, which they will certainly expand according to their profits over a 10 year period, probably reaching the same estimates anyways. Smoke and mirrors and some accusations of being a liberal, but look how stupid you are, we aren’t liberals or centrists, we’re left wing populists. AOC wears Crowley’s pelt on her back, and now she can add Amazon to the collection.
Almost no company follows through with original hiring estimates. Look at the transamerica pipeline supposed to create 1,000 of jobs Amazon warehouse in Ireland and GM factory in Mexico. All these things were to create 1,000's of jobs they did create lots of jobs number is short of their original numbers.

It's crazy how people will laud Amazon for bringing jobs, neglecting to note that the more jobs Amazon gets in a state, the more subsidies they get to suck from state governments and from the fed. It's the corporate version of hoarding foster kids to collect their checks.
A job at Amazon is also objectively horrendous.

Politicians vs Corporations? No Humans Involved. Let 'em Bang, bro;)

HQ1 has about 40,000 workers in Seattle, they were proposing to build HQ2 which would eventually bring 25,000 jobs to her district within like a decade.

This isn't HQ2, but it could turn into something decent.

She needs to put down the victory cigar.

But if it's between AOC and Amazon, I'm rooting for AOC. Big corps have too much power.

Do you believe in the 25,000 jobs number? Also, the $150,000 salary figure? All lazy journalism. If you like math, according to some article, that’s $48,000 per job that will be financed by taxpayer dollars.

I don’t care for AOC but she stood her ground as even poor locals were rallying against politicians like her as they believed they would have access to those high paying jobs which are really reserved for white collar employees with market, product, software development skills. Maybe they’re hoping for entry level jobs which many are outsourced contract jobs.

Back