Chiesa Conor Lawsuit Update

Ackmed

Silver Belt
Reaction score
Did anything happen with this? It's been over a year now.

I'm guessing they settled out of court hence the lack of news?

Chiesa was suing Conor for lost earnings saying his injury from the bus attack kept him from having the title-shot against Khabib at UFC 223.

He was awarded $0 for his little face scratch, but was given a freebie matchup with Diego sanchez as a "We cool?" from the higher ups.

Cheisa seems like a real low life kind of guy wants all 50 million of conors earnings

Conor should man up and pay everyone who had to drop out the money they lost plus any medical fees and they should call it a day

He was awarded $0 for his little face scratch, but was given a freebie matchup with Diego sanchez as a "We cool?" from the higher ups.

I mean the us legal system is complete extortion

They filed a motion to dismiss the “intentional infliction of emotional distress portion” of the law suit because it calls for attorneys fees (even if they grant $1 to him for damages his legal fees prolly hundreds of thousands would be recoverable )

Obviously his he didn’t mention to harm and call distress to cheisa - it was an unfortunate side effect of his negligent actions

Chiesa officialy holds 49% of Proper 12, isn't that fucking awesome?

Good idea but very little info to be had in the first 10 pages of results from Google search. Conor's lawyers moved to have case dismissed because Chiesa wasn't the intended target of the attack (good luck with that) and reports of Chiesa's family being the target of nasty emails. Nothing on the progress of the case beyond that. Still in litigation?

Chiesa officialy holds 49% of Proper 12, isn't that fucking awesome?
2fdjs6.gif

That matchup was only a freebie in hindsight though

I mean the us legal system is complete extortion
I mean, maybe he has a winnable case? S

Seems like he wanted to follow up his mama's boy momentum with some money grab lawsuit.

He doesn't have the funds to go to court with conor/Zuffa. They'd countersue the shit out of him.

Did anything happen with this? It's been over a year now.

I'm guessing they settled out of court hence the lack of news?

Chiesa was suing Conor for lost earnings saying his injury from the bus attack kept him from having the title-shot against Khabib at UFC 223.

Clickbait. Thread title made me believe you had an update.

I mean, maybe he has a winnable case? S

Seems like he wanted to follow up his mama's boy momentum with some money grab lawsuit.

He doesn't have the funds to go to court with conor/Zuffa. They'd countersue the shit out of him.

I mean its definitely a winnable case 100% his injury was caused by conor and it should be covered along with his lost income due to it - doubt Conor even contests that portion of it

the problem is they want a bunch of bs other shit too adding up to 55 million

I mean its definitely a winnable case 100% his injury was caused by conor and it should be covered along with his lost income due to it - doubt Conor even contests that portion of it

Exactly.

Good idea but very little info to be had in the first 10 pages of results from Google search. Conor's lawyers moved to have case dismissed because Chiesa wasn't the intended target of the attack (good luck with that) and reports of Chiesa's family being the target of nasty emails. Nothing on the progress of the case beyond that. Still in litigation?

They didn't move to dismiss the case - they moved to dismiss a CAUSE OF ACTION

which was the INTENTIONAL infliction of emotional distress which has huge PUNITIVE damages and automatic attorneys fees

actual cost is lost wage and medical (prolly 200k or so) - this is critical

I don't see Chiesa getting anywhere near a million. It was a minor injury.

Back