Media Conor McGregor Shows Off New Striking Style on The Pads (footage)

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
Im just saying he looks stiff and slow and people are saying im hating.Im actually Conor fan.
I love how everyone here pretends to be a pro figther and an expert and asks if i ever trained,lmfao.

Look at his pad work from before

This is the super wasteful nu-moovement bullshit that was causing him to gas in 8 minutes in an actual fight. Personally, I like the more boxing-centered style shown in the latest vid.

Not a fan of Conor at all but he looks like he's really trying to work on the basics again and simple effective combos. You can see his swagger and flash come back a bit later in the video after he warms up but he looks good and has flow.

biggest issue is he sorta sets his stance up like a boxer but I doubt that effects anything, it's probably the stance he prefers more now anyways after his massive boxing camp.

He does look slow. But I don't think it will be much of an issue against Cerrone. My concern is that Conor isn't considerably stronger and more powerful now then when he was at 145.

Im just saying he looks stiff and slow and people are saying im hating.Im actually Conor fan.
I love how everyone here pretends to be a pro figther and an expert and asks if i ever trained,lmfao.

Look at his pad work from before

I saw the same thing ages ago. He no longer has that blazing speed and reflexes.

I would absolutely die laughing if Cowboy gets a Hail Mary takedown and chokes him out

he did it to much bigger guys, Cowboy Olivera and Perry! If he really wants to win he will. He is way more well rounded than Mcgregor. Cowboy is a little bit chinny but he is better.

he did it to much bigger guys, Cowboy Olivera and Perry! If he really wants to win he will. He is way more well rounded than Mcgregor. Cowboy is a little bit chinny but he is better.
High kicks from hell too

First off, he does appear slower but that could be because he did a lot of gym work already and we’re catching him in the middle or end. Also, he could be focusing on specific combos or power punches and not throwing combos at normal speed, it is a workout....

2) He looks bigger for obvious reasons and this usually destroys a little athleticism (generally speaking) but against Cerrone, it shouldn’t be the issue.

3) He looks reasonably fit without carrying tons of fat or water weight but for some reason, despite it only being a workout, it seems I have never seen him truly comfortable with exertion, even when STARTING an open workout, he breathes heavy after only minutes when other fighters are totally fresh.

But all that said, he’s still the smart pick over Cowboy who also has a chance at being the ultimate Vegas spoiler.

He looks very heavy, so naturally, factoring in previous problems, we can make all sorts of assumptions based of that. However, I like that he seems to have abandoned the touch-butt stance and show pony movement in favor of actual footwork, high guard etc. He should have done this ages ago.

Cerrone is getting smashed. But we already knew that as soon as the fight was announced.

Floyd is his daddy. And Conor have learned from his dad to keep his hands up.

Thinking about it... I guess khabib also made him rethink it after that fast overhand he dropped Conor with.

Back