Ion Cutelabia Can Win An Appeal.

Doctor Lenovo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The guy was still throwing bombs when the referee stopped the fight. LOL

That was the worst stoppage that I have ever seen.

Looked like he was on roller skates for an extended period of time. It’s lame but he isn’t winning an appeal.

Nope. All they have to do is watch the film of his eyes, and the stoppage is justified. Don’t play games in there.

I understand the argument that he should win an appeal. But he won't. There's nothing in it for the Commission. Why would they admit their guy fucked up?

Looked like he was on roller skates for an extended period of time. It’s lame but he isn’t winning an appeal.
Cutelabia was BLOCKING almost everything. Textbook "intelligent defense." A fighter on "roller skates" would have not maintained the defensive techniques Cutelabia was demonstrating.

This guy does a great breakdown and I agree with him. Worst stoppage that I have ever seen.

I understand the argument that he should win an appeal. But he won't. There's nothing in it for the Commission. Why would they admit their guy fucked up?
Because it is the right thing to do. That was so obviously the worst stoppage that I have ever seen. Ion was acutely aware of every kick that was coming at him, and he was blocking them. LOL

Ref stopped it for a reason. Bad reason, bad stoppage. But he had a reason so that ain’t getting overturned unless the ref himself recommends it to the commission and even then they may not

askren Lawler is worse

Nope. All they have to do is watch the film of his eyes, and the stoppage is justified. Don’t play games in there.
He wasn't playing games. He was using a strategy to lure his opponent into a gun-fight, and it worked perfectly, but for the referee. LOL

Cutelabia was BLOCKING almost everything. Textbook "intelligent defense." A fighter on "roller skates" would have not maintained the defensive techniques Cutelabia was demonstrating.

This guy does a great breakdown and I agree with him. Worst stoppage that I have ever seen.

No need for an in-depth video lmao.

It was obvious what happened. He was playing rope-a-dope but instead of selling his opponent on it he sold the ref a bit too hard on it.

It'll be up to the commission to decide if fooling the ref is grounds to overturn, I suspect not, if you play like that it's a risk you take.

Because it is the right thing to do. That was so obviously the worst stoppage that I have ever seen. Ion was acutely aware of every kick that was coming at him, and he was blocking them. LOL

I agree that it was a terrible stoppage. I agree it should probably be a NC. However, it's irrelevant. We're talking about a government bureaucracy that doesn't care and doesn't have to care about MMA.

Hahaha, you think that shitty commission is gonna take responsibility for that shitty ref and over turn the decision?

Yeah it was a bad stoppage, you don’t need to have an imaginary argument with anyone. He still isn’t winning an appeal. Can you find a similar instance where an appeal was won and a result overturned? In the same state? In any state? You type “LOL” a lot but I don’t think you are laughing. Settle down.

Yeah it was a bad stoppage, you don’t need to have an imaginary argument with anyone. He still isn’t winning an appeal. Can you find a similar instance where an appeal was won and a result overturned? In the same state? In any state? You type “LOL” a lot but I don’t think you are laughing. Settle down.
When you say shit like "he was on roller skates" about that sequence you're asking for someone to respond to you. That's what he did. What imaginary argument? So confused lol

No way this gets overturned. There have been much worse stoppages that didn't get overturned. At least you could say he seemed to be rocked, although it seemed to me like he did that on purpose, the tell was that when it came to fire back he wasn't acting rocked then went back to wobbling his head without being hit. There have been fights where the ref rules it a submission without a tap and the fighter is fine. Those fights don't get overturned so I doubt this would.

When you say shit like "he was on roller skates" about that sequence you're asking for someone to respond to you. That's what he did. What imaginary argument? So confused lol

I guess by posting on sherdog I am inviting an argument, but you’re ignoring where I also called it a lame stoppage. I don’t know what he’s trying to convince me of. I already agree with him.

He definitely looked like he was skating around, by design I guess.

Last edited:

Who cares..he got his freebie appeal for his steroid use ...he likely gets cut soon anyways dont he'll ever be champion or even top 5

Who cares..he got his freebie appeal for his steroid use ...he likely gets cut soon anyways dont he'll ever be champion or even top 5
The things you stated are not relevant to the stoppage. The stoppage was atrocious. Ion had his opponent back pedaling and the referee jumped in to stop the fight. Ridiculous! LOL

Just give him a rematch easy peasy that's what he truly wants...

That isn’t getting overturned, whether you agree or not the ref had his reason, unless the ref walks in there and says hey I stopped it just because I had a bet on the other guy it will not get overturned.

Back