International Coronavirus Breaking News, v13: Over 21,000 Healthcare Workers From Around The U.S Heading To N.Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some good news, that asshole who stockpiled 17,700 bottle of hand santizer and tried to re-sell them for price gouging profit just donated all of it away in an effort to get the state to stop investigating him for price gouging

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/t...just-donated-them/ar-BB11e2tR?ocid=spartanntp

On Sunday morning, Matt Colvin, an Amazon seller outside Chattanooga, Tenn., helped volunteers from a local church load two-thirds of his stockpile of hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes into a box truck for the church to distribute to people in need across Tennessee.

Officials from the Tennessee attorney general’s office on Sunday took the other third, which they plan to give to their counterparts in Kentucky for distribution. (Mr. Colvin and his brother Noah bought some of the supplies in Kentucky this month.)

Now Mr. Colvin is facing consequences. On Sunday, Amazon and eBay suspended him as a seller, which is how he has made his living for years. The company where he rented a storage unit kicked him out. And the Tennessee attorney general’s office sent him a cease-and-desist letter and opened an investigation.

“We will not tolerate price gouging in this time of exceptional need, and we will take aggressive action to stop it,” Attorney General Herbert H. Slatery III of Tennessee said in a news release.

So this guy was nationally shamed, is under investigation, and now just lost out of all the money he initially spent on hoarding the supplies in order to gouge.

36ib5lw_gif_1__by_haulport-d82awuw.gif

Not sure how NYers generally feel about Cuomo, but he's been pretty impressive out of government officials so far in NA.

He and his are utter pieces of shyte, but he is doing a good job of communication in re The Virus.

His voice makes me ill, but he's doing a better job ON THIS ISSUE than Trump and DeBlasio put together.

EDIT: hE JUST SAID THAT HE DOESN'T BELIEVE THAT WE WILL "FLATTEN THE CURVE" ENOUGH SO THAT THE HEALTH CARE SERVICES WILL BE ABLE TO HANDLE THE DEMAND.

Nice.

Lol

Again, Cuomo just said you look at Italy and you look at South Korea and you see the same thing

New York, God Bless You

'They've let us down': Emergency MDs say they're getting garbled government messages about COVID-19

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/cana...es-about-covid-19/ar-BB11fIkK?ocid=spartanntp

They’re manning the trenches in an increasingly difficult struggle to fend off the COVID-19 pandemic.

But Canada’s emergency-department doctors are often left in the dark about how exactly to confront the challenge, receiving conflicting advice from government and hospital employers, some of them warned Sunday.

One emergency physician has just published a starkly worded opinion piece about what he called the “void in communication” over how health care workers in Ontario should protect themselves and their patients.

A spokesman for the emergency doctors’ national group says it’s a problem across the country — a “desultory and tentative” approach by government that leaves health workers and hospitals largely on their own.

Do not expect rational decisions and consistency with this Canadian government.

Our healthcare system will be overrun.

we’re going on full lockdown I believe very soon, maybe this 1pm announcement.

I think a lot of parents are freaking out because they have rarely spent any time with their kids. The daycares and schools raised the kids and now the parents don't know what to do with them when they are home for an extended period.

While I think this is true to an extant most parents are freaking out over having no idea on what to do with their kids save quitting their job. Almost eveyone I know has a two full time income household and the loss of one income would financially rujn the family. There were many people at my work this morning that were scrambling not knowing who would be able to take care of their children. And before someone says take a couple of weeks off, this is going to stretch far beyond a couple of weeks.

Take it for what it’s worth, my friends aunt works at the CDC and basically said a National 14 Day Quarantine is incoming. Rules are being finalized, but it’s incoming.

Take it for what it’s worth, my friends aunt works at the CDC and basically said a National 14 Day Quarantine is incoming. Rules are being finalized, but it’s incoming.
Sounds like everyone knows someone who works for the cdc or pentagon saying this.

He and his are utter pieces of shyte, but he is doing a good job of communication in re The Virus.

His voice makes me ill, but he's doing a better job ON THIS ISSUE than Trump and DeBlasio put together.

EDIT: hE JUST SAID THAT HE DOESN'T BELIEVE THAT WE WILL "FLATTEN THE CURVE" ENOUGH SO THAT THE HEALTH CARE SERVICES WILL BE ABLE TO HANDLE THE DEMAND.

Nice.

He said there are only 50k beds in all of NY.

He actually seems most pissed that some states still have bars open.

Lol. Now hes being called out on schools still being open! The true breeding grounds for this shit

Lol. Cuomo just contradicted his earlier comment that he did not go to a gym

Nice.
JOOOOOOOOOOOOOE!!!!!!!!!

I'm not surprised. Good luck enforcing it, though.

https://indianexpress.com/article/s...mount-defies-self-isolation-protocol-6317429/

• By: Reuters |
  • Updated: March 16, 2020 8:38:52 pm
NEXT
mason-mount-1200.jpg
Mason Mount plays as an attacking midfielder for Chelsea. (Source: Reuters)

Chelsea midfielder Mason Mount was spotted playing at a football park along with West Ham’s Declan Rice on Sunday, defying the club’s self-isolation protocols which came into place last week.

Chelsea’s first-team players and coaching staff are all in self-isolation after winger Callum Hudson-Odoi tested positive for the coronavirus last week.

<codychoke>

Some good news, that asshole who stockpiled 17,700 bottle of hand santizer and tried to re-sell them for price gouging profit just donated all of it away in an effort to get the state to stop investigating him for price gouging

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/t...just-donated-them/ar-BB11e2tR?ocid=spartanntp

On Sunday morning, Matt Colvin, an Amazon seller outside Chattanooga, Tenn., helped volunteers from a local church load two-thirds of his stockpile of hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes into a box truck for the church to distribute to people in need across Tennessee.

Officials from the Tennessee attorney general’s office on Sunday took the other third, which they plan to give to their counterparts in Kentucky for distribution. (Mr. Colvin and his brother Noah bought some of the supplies in Kentucky this month.)

Now Mr. Colvin is facing consequences. On Sunday, Amazon and eBay suspended him as a seller, which is how he has made his living for years. The company where he rented a storage unit kicked him out. And the Tennessee attorney general’s office sent him a cease-and-desist letter and opened an investigation.

“We will not tolerate price gouging in this time of exceptional need, and we will take aggressive action to stop it,” Attorney General Herbert H. Slatery III of Tennessee said in a news release.

So this guy was nationally shamed, is under investigation, and now just lost out of all the money he initially spent on hoarding the supplies in order to gouge.

36ib5lw_gif_1__by_haulport-d82awuw.gif

He's only sorry because he got caught.

Any news about corona causing infertility?

I heard article that claimed that got taking down...

https://www.tmz.com/2020/03/16/bond-girl-olga-kurylenko-coronavirus-tests-positive/

Ex-Bond Girl Olga Kurylenko Tests Positive For Coronavirus

Getty

One of James Bond's lovely ladies on-screen has come out in real-life to say she has coronavirus -- this just weeks after the latest flick was put on ice over it.

Actress Olga Kurylenko made the announcement Sunday, taking to Instagram to notify her fans of her current condition as well as the symptoms she's experiencing. She writes, "Locked up at home after having tested positive for Coronavirus."

Olga adds, "I’ve actually been ill for almost a week now. Fever and fatigue are my main symptoms. Take care of yourself and do take this seriously!" She went on to translate her message to Russian -- OK was born in the Ukraine, but has French citizenship as well.

In her IG post, you can see Olga snapped a pic from behind a glass window ... showing she's in isolation and presumed self-quarantine. Unclear where this was shot from, but her primary residence is said to be in France, which is under heavy restrictions right now as a nation -- very similar to much of the U.S. ... but not quite as bad as Italy yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPcanwrestle
Back