International Coronavirus Breaking News, v13: Over 21,000 Healthcare Workers From Around The U.S Heading To N.Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say what you will about @b34stmode but I have heard some definite rumblings about mandatory quarantine in the U.S. being enacted sometime tomorrow. He was the first on here to mention it.

Take it for what it’s worth, my friends aunt works at the CDC and basically said a National 14 Day Quarantine is incoming. Rules are being finalized, but it’s incoming.

But what does that mean? I think closing shops and resturants like other countries have done is a given. But we won't close factories/production. That could lead to way bigger problems.

God help us all if the announcement doesn't include more than this:

Border agency steps up airport screening measures to stop spread of COVID-19
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/cana...pread-of-covid-19/ar-BB11gi1a?ocid=spartanntp

The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) is stepping up manpower, educational materials and screening measures at airports and all other entry points to Canada to help stop the spread of COVID-19.

Beginning today, all incoming travellers, no matter what their country of origin is, will be asked if they are experiencing any symptoms such as cough, difficulty breathing or fever. They will also need to acknowledge that they are being asked to self-isolate for 14 days if arriving from any international location.

All travellers seeking entry into Canada will have to answer the health screening questions and CBSA officers will be on the lookout for visible signs of illness. They will refer any traveller who they suspect of being ill, regardless of how the traveller answered the health screening question, to public health authorities for further evaluation.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is providing an update to Canadians on efforts to contain the coronavirus this afternoon, and will announce some international flights will be rerouted to Montreal, Toronto, Calgary or Vancouver. CBC News will have special live coverage beginning at 1 p.m. ET and CBCNews.ca will stream it live.

The CBSA said it is adjusting its "operational posture" with enhanced border measures, and will continue to adjust to the "constantly evolving" situation.

If you are able, take time to recognize and thank our every day workers, who, in spite of this crisis, SHOW UP to work.

They can't work from home.

They risk their lives, for minimum wage, to make sure people can buy their toilet paper, can shop safely for it, can walk into a clean store, and if trouble starts, can be the First Responders.

Don't scream at them or cuss them if you have no patience for the rules and laws they had no say in making.

If anything, give them a few good words and a few bucks tip: Because the Corporate Cocksuckers running these hardworking people like slaves don't give a shit about them. They will replace them by tomorrow, if they die on the job, or otherwise can't perform.

They're running that fuckin Cash Register without a protective mask on or gloves, since Corporate told them not to, as it might "scare" the customers.

Rich, Trust-Fund-Baby fuckers wouldn't last a shift doing the jobs of these everyday folk. Couldn't handle it. Too REAL for them. Too real...

Respect goes a long way.
Agreed, and it should go without saying, crisis or not.

No one ever judged them for seeking a better life, thats a strawman. The point was that unfettered migration could cause the same problems here that they are fleeing from, and worsen conditions from where they are fleeing. No one blames a drowning for trying to climb on the lifeboat, but if every drowning man does it then the lifeboat sinks.
You missed the point of this comparison, which is that human herds panic in times of desperation. And our pampered asses in the West have not experienced that for generations. Look at the pandemonium that TP shortages cause. Now imagine our population trying to cope in the face of real struggle.

Any news about corona causing infertility?

I heard article that claimed that got taking down...

I doubt anyone has been have to gather enough statistics to support a claim like that yet.

Take it for what it’s worth, my friends aunt works at the CDC and basically said a National 14 Day Quarantine is incoming. Rules are being finalized, but it’s incoming.

I mean if they are going to do it, then lets do it and get it over with. This anticipation is killing me.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-...-covid-19-outbreak-jennifer-russell-1.5498639

N.B. COVID-19 roundup: Alternative testing sites being set up across New Brunswick
Social Sharing
  • Elizabeth Fraser · CBC News · Posted: Mar 16, 2020 6:00 AM AT | Last Updated: an hour ago

jennifer-russell.jpg

Dr. Jennifer Russell, chief medical officer of health, says the four new presumptive cases are connected to the first confirmed case. (Photo: CBC News)
    Alternative testing centres for COVID-19 are being set up and those who need to access them will have to go through the province's Tele-Care 811 line, Dr. Jennifer Russell, New Brunswick's chief medical officer of health.

Horizon Health posted information Monday morning about the new COVID-19 community assessment centres on its website.

The testing is only available by appointment to those exhibiting mild to moderate symptoms of COVID-19 following a triage completed by Tele-Care 811.

Horizon Health said the clinics are set up in Moncton, Saint John, Miramichi and Fredericton with a plan to set up an assessment centre in Upper River Valley very soon.
    "Community Assessment Centres will help to reduce visits to emergency departments and minimize the risk of transmission," said a news release from Horizon.

COVID-19 screening and testing will be completed by appointment only.

Russell will provide more information on the clinics and whether child-care centres will remain open at a 2:30 p.m. news conference in Fredericton.

@Clippy you were right on the money last night.

You missed the point of this comparison, which is that human herds panic in times of desperation. And our pampered asses in the West have not experienced that for generations. Look at the pandemonium that TP shortages cause. Now imagine our population trying to cope in the face of real struggle.

I completely understand that. I sympathize with people caught in conflicts in Syria. And if I were in their situation, I'd try to get the fuck out of there also. But as the people on the lifeboat, we have to understand triage. We can't open the borders and let the terrorists flood in with them, and we have to understand that if Syria is ever going to recover, it will need people there to rebuild. Syria needs doctors and skilled laborers right now; it will only hurt the country more if we steal them all. Its why I don't think letting in hordes of refugees will improve the world for anyone. The solution was to always identify the cause of the crisis and give aid towards fixing it.

Went to the grocery store this morning to get some food for my house and for my parents. I was masked (n95) up and gloved up. I was the only one wearing any ppe. Not too many peeps in the store and they had plenty of stuff.

If you want people to stay away from you in public wear gloves and a mask, peoples were parting like the red seas when i turned down their isle.

Say what you will about @b34stmode but I have heard some definite rumblings about mandatory quarantine in the U.S. being enacted sometime tomorrow. He was the first on here to mention it.

Thank you. I wouldn't make that up and I know for a fact my friends friend does work at the Pentagon. Im ready to get it over with.

It can't get anymore meta than news people giving us news about infected news people in the Coronavirus news segment.

Everything about these people just irritates me. For example, why did she have to say, "a co-worker has tested positive for Covid-19, the novel Coronavirus." It goes right through my soul, shit like that. Is there anyone on planet Earth that doesn't know what Covid-19 is, so she felt she had to clarify and say Coronavirus, but not just Coronavirus because that might confuse a motherfucker which one, so she had to add "novel" as well.

Sorry, OCD or something, I can't stand shit like that.

The car dealership across the street from me is open today. A GODDAMN CAR DEALERSHIP! Wtf are these people thinking?

The streets look like a Sunday or a holiday out there. Not busy as normal, but once again it strikes me that a far too high % of people in Toronto are not taking this serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back