Cro Cop's superhuman record

Zarate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
People talking about Cro Cop's (worst) performance at the UFC and underestimating his legacy. He didn't do well getting KO'ed by a troll like Schaub - no doubt but just pay attention to things like that:

13 MMA Fights in under 2 years:

hvfr9i8w.png

8 Fights in 11 Months / 2004

myz7nkcf.png

5 Fights in 10 Months / 2005

Coleman, Fedor, Barnett, Hunt - every UFC HW of these days would split up this match up and spread it over 3 - 5 years. Cro Cop did it in one year.

Before he joined UFC he already had 27 MMA and 25 Kickboxing bouts / 10 years (and 56 Amateur bouts).

He is one of the greatest combat sport athletes ever and one of the biggest legends.

2S24Oh.gif

pVCzOi0.gif

Not having athletic commissions also helped.

But yes, the guy is a fighter at heart.

every UFC HW of these days would split up this match up and spread it over 3 - 5 years. Cro Cop did it in one year.
Apples to oranges

respect cro cop for sure, but don’t compare him like that when it’s not the same

Not having athletic commissions also helped.

But yes, the guy is a fighter at heart.
All athletic commissions should consist of an automated email system where by all communication is automatically replied with the same email.

let em bang bro

Seems that you can say this about other Pride legends like Fedor and Wanderlei... Guys came to fight no matter Freak Show or Top Competition.

There was a (ok, several) reason that the monthly Pride events ruled: you could watch your favorite fighter(s) compete several times a year (and sometimes multiple times a night!)

A true fkn legend. Sucks he didn't do shit in UFC oh well

Fight mileage as well takes a toll. Cro Cop is a legend compare to today's fighters.

Arguably was Bellators best HW before he retired.

Ended Wandy's prime
Also possibly ended King Mo's prime

Who wants to be the one to explain to TS what PEDs are?

The fact is, Mirko Filipović is a LEGENDARY ICON of MMA.

The only problem with Mirko's career was that he joined the UFC in the wrong era.

Mirko should've joined the UFC during the current era which is The Interim UFC Title Era.

Most probably, Mirko could've captured some kind of title during The Interim UFC Title Era.

The Interim UFC Title Era is throwing around Interim UFC Titles and BMF Titles like they're Walmart action figures that cost $2.99 each.

At least one of the messages in this thread mentioned Brendan Schaub. Hell, EVEN SCHAUB might have been able to capture one of these titles if he was still competing now.

Yea, the performance enhancers most definitely helped with recovery during that era. Still Cro Cop had some fighting juice.

It was a truly rewarding experience being a prime Cro Cop fan during Pride

I’m just glad that I was around to see prime Cro Cop.

I also would like to add that I thouroughly enjoyed his run in Rizin. Had a 9-fight win streak, fought some big names. He was the 2016 HW GP ten years after his 2006 Pride GP Champion - still one of the most underrated accomplishments in sports.

Back