Cro Cop's superhuman record

People talking about Cro Cop's (worst) performance at the UFC and underestimating his legacy. He didn't do well getting KO'ed by a troll like Schaub - no doubt but just pay attention to things like that:

13 MMA Fights in under 2 years:

hvfr9i8w.png

8 Fights in 11 Months / 2004

myz7nkcf.png

5 Fights in 10 Months / 2005

Coleman, Fedor, Barnett, Hunt - every UFC HW of these days would split up this match up and spread it over 3 - 5 years. Cro Cop did it in one year.

Before he joined UFC he already had 27 MMA and 25 Kickboxing bouts / 10 years (and 56 Amateur bouts).

He is one of the greatest combat sport athletes ever and one of the biggest legends.

2S24Oh.gif

pVCzOi0.gif
Holy shit I've never seen that damage from that kick.

Arguably was Bellators best HW before he retired.

Ended Wandy's prime
Also possibly ended King Mo's prime

Wand's prime was ended after the Hunt fight IMO and King Mo's was ended with that spinning backfist but Cro Cop certainly ended their times as top contenders though.

No commission in Japan. Pride tested but had no rules against steriod use. Pretty much makes doing that more than possible.

People talking about Cro Cop's (worst) performance at the UFC and underestimating his legacy. He didn't do well getting KO'ed by a troll like Schaub - no doubt but just pay attention to things like that:

13 MMA Fights in under 2 years:

hvfr9i8w.png

8 Fights in 11 Months / 2004

myz7nkcf.png

5 Fights in 10 Months / 2005

Coleman, Fedor, Barnett, Hunt - every UFC HW of these days would split up this match up and spread it over 3 - 5 years. Cro Cop did it in one year.

Before he joined UFC he already had 27 MMA and 25 Kickboxing bouts / 10 years (and 56 Amateur bouts).

He is one of the greatest combat sport athletes ever and one of the biggest legends.

2S24Oh.gif

pVCzOi0.gif
Stipe Miocic is much better

How about screenshots of his record after he left
pride and joined the UFC where they actually tested him for PEDs?

Wand's prime was ended after the Hunt fight IMO and King Mo's was ended with that spinning backfist but Cro Cop certainly ended their times as top contenders though.
King Mo was killing it before Cro Cop finished him.
After the Newton loss he sharpened up his boxing and fought less arrogant and smarter. His wrestling did decline though so it's certainly arguable.

Regardless LHW careers went to Crocop to die.

King Mo was killing it before Cro Cop finished him.
After the Newton loss he sharpened up his boxing and fought less arrogant and smarter. His wrestling did decline though so it's certainly arguable.

Regardless LHW careers went to Crocop to die.

King Mo always seemed to do better at HW with his speed advantage but the competition level he was fighting wasn't as good as the competition he was fighting at 205 like Mousasi for example. I also think a lot of his decline was cause he fell in love with boxing and stopped using striking as a way to set up his wrestling, it's possible that was simply due to injuries though. His chin wasn't the best either and that hands down cuban boxing style IMO was a bad fit for King Mo.

5 fights in the last 7 years.

cain-velasquez-shoulder-surgery.jpg

lol at sherdoges with Cain in the Top 5 all time HWs.

Unfortunate that his UFC record (he was past his prime IMO) makes most forget how great he was, and he is barely mentioned as a top all time HW. Smh!

Last edited:
Would you also consider the fact that it also had to do with change of venue (ring to cage), different rules )no kicking downed opponent) also alter his abilities?

I never understood why people try and make this argument. You're making them sound like a terrible fighter and/or stupid. What, they couldn't adapt in MMA lol? They can only succeed under certain exact rules? The whole point is to make this as open as possible to let the best actual fighter win, not someone who needs certain criteria. Within reason of course.

Not to mention, but this goes both ways. You can't just say that Cro Cop is the only person who gets those advantages. He got knocked out in the middle of the cage by Schaub, where they both had space. If they were in a ring Schaub equally has a chance to corner him. And Gonzaga could've kicked his head in when they were on the ground. Etc. He doesn't just magically win if you give him a Pride scenario, his opponents gets those changes too lol.

PRIDE kept everyone busy. way different than the ufc schedule.

cro cop fought 3 times in 4 months, with the last fight being when he fought nog in november for the interim belt. in august before that he KO'd igor with that legendary highlight reel KO, and then october, a month before he fought for the belt, he ko'd alberto del rio with a headkick. dude was a can, but still crazy to compete like that when you're so close to a title fight and the biggest fight of his career

He had a great run for a few years but then when he flew across the pond it became apparent where his success came from.
Well, by the time he flew across the pond he already had about 100 fights. He also had several surgeries during his time in the UFC. Every surgery means you are out of training for a few months and have to start all over into getting into shape

I never understood why people try and make this argument. You're making them sound like a terrible fighter and/or stupid. What, they couldn't adapt in MMA lol? They can only succeed under certain exact rules? The whole point is to make this as open as possible to let the best actual fighter win, not someone who needs certain criteria. Within reason of course.
Interestin´topic, indeed...

For instance, do you know what happened when Pat Da Croatian Sedation [UFC WW Champ.] went to Japan, Rings... and faced Tamura? What´s your assessment of that fight?

No commission in Japan. Pride tested but had no rules against steriod use. Pretty much makes doing that more than possible.
by extension, less protected there... Would have been literally impossible for someone in JBJ´s position to say no to a [MW] Sonnen fight on short notice, for instance...

My biggest knock on the Ccop is coming out to a Duranee tune ( nothing against duran duran ..... it just doesn't fit)

Explained how to mask a high kick with straight punches and make it so opponent can't see it, and how to land a high kick coming to the head form above, instead form below which most expect.

Last edited:
Very unpopular opinion but big Tim would have beat him if he went to the UFC when he was champ

by extension, less protected there... Would have been literally impossible for someone in JBJ´s position to say no to a [MW] Sonnen fight on short notice, for instance...

Couldn't care less..If Jones was in Pride and free to juice his ass off, he wouldn't need to be "protected" in this hypothetical world world of yours.

Don't even know what Jones has to do with this...I think you think that would pull some kind of string with me because I talked about Pride, which you are an everloving fanboy of.

Couldn't care less..If Jones was in Pride and free to juice his ass off, he wouldn't need to be "protected" in this hypothetical world world of yours.

?

There was no PED narrative involved in that decision. JBJ´s camp said no for really retarded reasons, pure "BS protection".

Back