• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

All these years later I still dont know how the hell this Cro Cop head kick didnt affect Fedor

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
Yeah Cro Cop was a bit off balance here as he thought Fedor was gonna counter with a punch, but he still scraped him above his head to no avail. this is the GOAT head and body kicker in MMA we're talking about too

Wand felt a similar glancing head kick and was done. Mirko stunned GOAT with a punch a little while before this too only time GOAT was hurt in his purime besides the Fujita hail Mary

tumblr_mz0fjgWuk41ry1rm7o1_400.gifv

Fedor is GOAT - that’s all I got

Cro Cop is my favorite fighter of all time - thought I would add that too.

Hope you guys are staying safe.

Look at CC's plant foot just before it lands.

I don't remember if it were that blow or not, but I do seem to remember CC rocking Fedor at one point. Not for long, but he looked wobbly there for a second. Maybe I need to go back and watch it again.

Didn't Wand anticipate another body kick while also having screwed vision from one being closed?

That head kick was set up with body kicks first while Fedor saw the kick coming at least.

1. You lose 95% of the power in a kick when your plant leg is not stable
2. It barely scraped the crown of his head (hardest part of the skull)

You'd have to be as brittle as Jonathan Goulet to get rocked by something like that

Fedor’s defence was second to none in this fight, CC couldn’t plant enough to land will force

Look at CC's plant foot just before it lands.

I don't remember if it were that blow or not, but I do seem to remember CC rocking Fedor at one point. Not for long, but he looked wobbly there for a second. Maybe I need to go back and watch it again.
Cro Cop stunned him in the 3rd rd with a straight left that busted Fedor's nose

Never came close to a finish though, props to Fedor for his amazing recovery.

3001343_otske4.gif

Another example of dude getting wobbled by glancing head kick

According to fans these days, Fedor never had a chin so Cro Cop is just pillowfisted.

Compare Cro Cop's right foot in these two sequences.

Against Wand it's rooted to the ground with no loss of power, against Fedor he was basically on the way down mid-motion which greatly affected his kick.

To credit Lord Fedro, I think he made him fight cautious more than that Cro Cop was out of ideas.

Its the greatest and most anticipated fight in the HW division between MWs.

Fedor’s defence was second to none in this fight, CC couldn’t plant enough to land will force

Yeah this was back when Fedor was in his purime and not a one dimensional head hunting brawler. He trained in Holland with the top kickboxers back then, dudes like Ernesto Hoost whose one of the GOAT kickboxers always gushed about Fedors skill and technique in the standup and how it was on level with the top K1 guys back when K1 meant something

Yeah Cro Cop was a bit off balance here as he thought Fedor was gonna counter with a punch, but he still scraped him above his head to no avail. this is the GOAT head and body kicker in MMA we're talking about too

Wand felt a similar glancing head kick and was done. Mirko stunned GOAT with a punch a little while before this too only time GOAT was hurt in his purime besides the Fujita hail Mary

tumblr_mz0fjgWuk41ry1rm7o1_400.gifv

Vandy dropped like he got shot .

Back