All these years later I still dont know how the hell this Cro Cop head kick didnt affect Fedor

Makes me miss the good ol' Pride days.

Miro and Fedor are two of the best to ever do it at HW.

Fedor was amazing at recovering.

Off memory I think it did rock Fedor a little, he was wobbly a one point in that fight, perhaps it was after a fast straight left from CC

DWBbp2pXcAYL1jQ.jpg

1. You lose 95% of the power in a kick when your plant leg is not stable
2. It barely scraped the crown of his head (hardest part of the skull)

You'd have to be as brittle as Jonathan Goulet to get rocked by something like that
I think it hurt. It just didnt have all the KO mustard on it. Fedor was able to use skynet directive #2190 to temporarily block out the pain receptors.

Mirko stunned GOAT with a punch a little while before this too only time GOAT was hurt in his purime besides the Fujita hail Mary
Never knew that GSP fought MIkrko or Fujita in that matter.

Cro Cop stunned him in the 3rd rd with a straight left that busted Fedor's nose

Never came close to a finish though, props to Fedor for his amazing recovery.
Everyone mentions his kicks but few seem to emphasize how good his straights were. Lightning fast with power. He caught a lot of people with the head kick because you weren't safe at punching range either. People would retreat out of range of the punches and boom headshot.

Power was fine, just didnt make enough contact. Cop anticipated more contact, moslty missed because fedor had a well timed flinch and then cop threw himself off balance. Not before. Learn basic motor skills losers.

Power was fine, just didnt make enough contact. Cop anticipated more contact, moslty missed because fedor had a well timed flinch and then cop threw himself off balance. Not before. Learn basic motor skills losers.

Also, the point of contact was the calf, not the shin bone or foot.

It can still hurt when you get kicked and the kicking leg lands on muscle first. But it's 10x worse when it's bone contact first.

Because prime Fedor could not be stopped

Everyone mentions his kicks but few seem to emphasize how good his straights were. Lightning fast with power. He caught a lot of people with the head kick because you weren't safe at punching range either. People would retreat out of range of the punches and boom headshot.
He had a good uppercut if you were still there after the straight.

dont try to apply logic or normalities to the GOAT

#GOATSHIT #Fedorbless

It opened the cut on Fedor's head which caused the ref to check it out, so it definitely didn't feel good.

If it was just a few inches lower, who knows.

Amazing fight with absolutely incredible build up (CC cut a path to the crown that included knocking out Fedor's training partner and his brother).

Incredible game planning by Emelianenk Shodo.

Fedor surviving the RANDLEPLEX is far more problematic on our vision of reality and physics.

Fedor had really under rated defense. He took it to mirko in that fight. Fedor is goat no matter what anyone says. He was in the hardest decision by far to have a streak like he did.

Mirko soccer kicks shouldve been illegal. Jesus that mustve been the worst paint dude felt
The overhead angle of Mirko kicking Yoshida's leg is horrifying

Fedor had really under rated defense. He took it to mirko in that fight. Fedor is goat no matter what anyone says. He was in the hardest decision by far to have a streak like he did.
Fedor was ready for that damn kick hahaha
Its impressive,too that Fedor was kind of a non kicker for the most part,and he was comfortable playing the kicking game w mirko on several occaisons

AmbitiousPerfumedCrocodileskink-size_restricted.gif

Yeah Cro Cop was a bit off balance here as he thought Fedor was gonna counter with a punch, but he still scraped him above his head to no avail. this is the GOAT head and body kicker in MMA we're talking about too

Wand felt a similar glancing head kick and was done. Mirko stunned GOAT with a punch a little while before this too only time GOAT was hurt in his purime besides the Fujita hail Mary

tumblr_mz0fjgWuk41ry1rm7o1_400.gifv

Fedor's button was more on his chin

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I feel like that was my first "this fight is so fucking huge - I can't believe these dudes are really going to fight" fight.

maybe my memory is just bad

but at the time it is hard to explain how huge this fight way

the way Fedor just kept walking him down was jaw-dropping

Fedor surviving the RANDLEPLEX is far more problematic on our vision of reality and physics.

well said. and, well, if we're going to add that to the thread, friend...

giphy.gif

Back