Can any case be made for werdum or stipe at #2 all time hw?

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone thought that big nog wasnt #2 hw all time and would put either one of these guys ahead of him. Big nog is 100% #2 to me but i can see a case for werdum or stipe based on huge wins and big names on their resumes.

Stipe has already surpassed Antonio "double digit losses" Nogueira

Anyone who isn't a blind PRIDE fanboy can see this

What is the case for Big Nog being Number 2 exactly? His best win is who? Cro-Cop? Well that is not exactly a slam dunk for being number 2..

What is the case for Big Nog being Number 2 exactly? His best win is who? Cro-Cop? Well that is not exactly a slam dunk for being number 2..
Obviously it's his wins over an array of incredibly skilled fighting technicians such as Bob Sapp, Mark Coleman, Gary Goodridge, and Heath Herring :rolleyes:

Obviously it's his wins over an array of incredibly skilled fighting technicians such as Bob Sapp, Mark Coleman, Gary Goodridge, and Heath Herring :rolleyes:

Brock Beat Herring.. I want Brock in the Top 5.. Everyone cool with that?

I still laugh when people talk about how the PRIDE trio would've smashed prime Brock easily

- Fedor couldn't even stop Bigfoot's takedowns or buck him off mount but he's going to easily do that to Brock
- Nog was outgrappled twice by Mir (who Brock destroyed), but he's going to submit Brock easily with a triangle or armbar

Mirko
Werdum
Barnett
Sergei
Couture
Sylvia
Ricco etc etc

Nog has the deepest resume in the divisions history and Fedor is the only guy who was clearly better b/c of their H2H fights strictly. Nog is far superior to any other HW

I still laugh when people talk about how the PRIDE trio would've smashed prime Brock easily

- Fedor couldn't even stop Bigfoot's takedowns or buck him off mount but he's going to easily do that to Brock
- Nog was outgrappled twice by Mir (who Brock destroyed), but he's going to submit Brock easily with a triangle or armbar

Fedor gets the GOAT HW Nod from me because of the longevity..

But his lack of a UFC Run, and never wanting to fight in a cage is a problem for me..

When he went to a cage in SF.. Yeesh it was Fucking Ugly..

And I 100% believe Brock in 2009 would have beat him.. Bad..

Werdum is up there. His whole career is impressive but that ufc run was solid. Kod mark hunt of all people.stopping Velasquez
Subbing nog.leading up to his title win I must admit I was beginning to think werdum had became unstoppable

Mirko
Werdum
Barnett
Sergei
Couture
Sylvia
Ricco etc etc

Nog has the deepest resume in the divisions history and Fedor is the only guy who was clearly better b/c of their H2H fights strictly. Nog is far superior to any other HW
Werdum had 10 pro fights when Nog beat him lmao

The other guys you mentioned are awful at fighting and are only "ranked" because HW sucks

Remind me...how many times has Mirko been KTFO by barely top 15 dudes?

Brock beats all 3 in the same night

bork1}

Werdums up there, Stipe keeps winning he will be up there.

Majority of MMA fans already rank stipe as
the heavyweight goat(or second). Nobody thinks big nog is greater than stipe other than some stupid pride fanboys in sherdog.

Werdum ended Fedor's legendary streak and also beat prime Cain who is without a doubt one of the most talented fighters of all time. He has a good case for being the all time number 2.

Werdum had 10 pro fights when Nog beat him lmao

The other guys you mentioned are awful at fighting and are only "ranked" because HW sucks

Remind me...how many times has Mirko been KTFO by barely top 15 dudes?
I can see why you have double yellows..

<36>

Who is Bones best win after the DC one?

Hashad? Got beat by the likes of Alvey and Dan Kelly

Lyoto? Got KTFO by Derek Brunson lol

Shogun? Went to a draw with Paul Craig lol also got finished by Mark Coleman when he was at his peak and the best LHW in the world

Gus? lmao lost to every top 5 fighter he fought. Journeyman

Santos? Most thought he lost and Santos got KTFO by Dave Branch a year prior?

Reyes? Most thought he lost and he just robbed Volkan

Rampage? Was getting shut up by Mo and Shale

etc etc

Majority of mma fans think stipe is the heavyweight goat(or second) outside of sherdog. Nobody think big nog is greater than stipe other than some stupid pride fanboys.
Literally every MMA GOAT poll on Twitter (which has literally hundreds of thousands voting) has GSP with usually 35% of votes, followed by Jones with 30%, and Fedor has like 1% lmao

It's fucking pathetic

Back