2020 Potential Fighter of the Year?

GangGangGang

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Feel like it has to go to someone who has already fought this year. Judging by who has fought this year and has potential to have one more big fight this year, who gets it? I know it's only April but I'm asking cause simply we may not get any fights at all this summer. Do any fighters have potential to put together 2 big wins this year? So far in 2020 I'd say the fighters with the best wins are Conor, Valentina, Gilbert Burns, Oliveira and Blachowicz. Seems like if Conor or Valentina get 1 more win this year then they are almost a lock for FOTY.

lol how is Conor's win even close to a great win for 2020?

lol how is Conor's win even close to a great win for 2020?
Considering it took 40 seconds to take out a top 5 guy? How isn't it? And obviously the higher prolific wins have more value than something like John Dodsons KO over Nathaniel Wood.

Considering it took 40 seconds to take out a top 5 guy? How isn't it? And obviously the higher prolific wins have more value than something like John Dodsons KO over Nathaniel Wood.

Cowboy was coming into that fight with 2 TKO losses in 6 months.
He is old and has a million miles under the belt, and has always chocked in big fights.

There are literally dozens of more worthy contenders for 2020 fighter of the year than one win over Cerrone in 2020

Cowboy is a top 5 ww?

Cowboy was coming into that fight with 2 TKO losses in 6 months.
He is old and has a million miles under the belt, and has always chocked in big fights.

There are literally dozens of more worthy contenders for 2020 fighter of the year than one win over Cerrone in 2020
That's not how it works though. You can discredit Cowboy all you like. He was a top 5 opponent and got dusted in 40 seconds. That holds significant value given the circumstances. We've had what, 4 title fights this year? 1 was shit. 1 was arguably a robbery. 1 the winner missed weight. The last one was wmma against a less than stellar opponent. If Conor gets 1 more win this year he is almost a lock for foty. Especially after his long layoff.

Conor 2.0 with the legendary performance against Cowboy is currently front runner and its highly unlikely that there will be any more events this year

While people aren't giving Cowboy the respect he deserves Conor's win over him in no way makes him a candidate for FOTY

While people aren't giving Cowboy the respect he deserves Conor's win over him in no way makes him a candidate for FOTY
I'm not agreeing with it but it likely makes him the frontrunner. 40 second tko over a top 5 after a long layoff. Who do you have above Conor? Valentina?

Conor 2.0 with the legendary performance against Cowboy is currently front runner and its highly unlikely that there will be any more events this year

Too bad your imaginary version of Conor didn't show up for the biggest fight in his life.

Al Ham Do Li La Di Da Di

i feel like what you should really be asking for is the future, and i give you 2 words :

Edmen Shahbazyan.

Anderson Silva / Marquardt esque with that gnp accuracy.

Zhang vs Jedrzejczyk is Fight of the Year
Zhang is Fighter of the Year

Back