• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

War Room Lounge Thread v119: The barnacles and shmegma(sic) reached a critical mass

How many children do you reeeeeeealy have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in chess club back in my heyday.

do you still play?

I only play bullet and Blitz on Chess.com

I was actually wondering how many people play here last week and thought if a bracket could be made.

I was actually wondering how many people play here last week and thought if a bracket could be made.
I'd be in if people can handle my general slow play and all around not very good-ness.

White or Black?
I always favored the "like water" approach playing black, i.e. use white's aggression against it, but I think that's mainly because I'm vulnerable when playing white for that very reason--playing the aggressor usually causes me to over-extend and do something disastrous.

Didn't a whole bunch of your cohorts get banned because the WR was "too hostile" towards them so they created a secret PM group so their feelings wouldn't be hurt?

I mean, projection much?
Projection? Huh? lol

I don't know about what you are speaking of. I can handle immature weirdos who don't act like men. Literally doesn't bother me, and just proves some of the things I talk about. I'm fine with feminine/internet hostility.

Holy shit. That would be hilarious for me to try.

Once you memorize openings it becomes 2nd nature.

There was this one dude I played with. Brilliant player, state blitz champ. Anyway, he would take 1 min, and I would have 5 min.

He would still beat me. He was that good

I was in chess club back in my heyday.

do you still play?

I only play bullet and Blitz on Chess.com
Not much , starting to play with my son though , he'll be crushing me soon , the little man sees the board really well and can plan farther ahead than I ever could .

I was the grade 4 chess champion , look out Magnus Carlson .

Goddamn, what riot catching up on this thread.

It made me wonder, have Mr. 93rd Percentile and Mr. I Know More Things About the World Than Anyone I Know (aka, @TheComebackKid ) ever locked horns?

I'm assuming no since we're all still alive and posting. But holy shit, what a spectacle that would be. IQ points would irradiate from that showdown. We'd all be getting smarter just by reading that exchange.

Once you memorize openings it becomes 2nd nature.

There was this one dude I played with. Brilliant player, state blitz champ. Anyway, he would take 1 min, and I would have 5 min.

He would still beat me. He was that good

I don’t think I’ve ever played a timed game at all. Maybe years ago online. The only time I play is my dad sends games through iMessage. We could take a week to finish a game though since I’m not always checking messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back