How Good was Cejudo Really?

Based and White Pilled

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The first few minutes include Henry talking about retiring and he says (paraphrased):
He wasn't the greatest Olympic wrestler ever and wasn't the greatest fighter ever, but he went out on top in both and thinks the combination gives him a claim to being the greatest combat sports athlete.

I've never really been a big fan of his, but I think he makes a good case for himself to definitely be in a discussion of GOAT combat athletes. What do you think?

Edit: my video link magically disappeared from this post. Here is another.

Last edited:
Khabib is a Sambo champion, grappling champion, undefeated MMA champion, and pieced up the guy who was demolishing Mayweather in boxing until he gassed

Cejudo is the greatest combat sport athlete of all time

Well he beat the GOAT of the Flyweight division.

Beat the second greatest Bantamweight of all time while they were roided to the gills.

And he just beat the GOAT of the Bantamweight division.

I say he was pretty damn good. Easily a top 5 P4P of all time but i know sherdog discriminates against humans who are shorter than 5’7 so I don’t expect anyone on this site actually give Cejudo the respect he deserves!

Khabib is a Sambo champion, grappling champion, undefeated MMA champion, and pieced up the guy who was demolishing Mayweather in boxing until he gassed
Khabib and Fedor definitely have good claims due to their dominance in both MMA and combat sambo, but I think it's fair to say that Olympic gold in freestyle is more impressive than a sambo world championship.

I'm not going to write a response to the nonsense about Conor boxing

Last edited:
Lol. I'm not sure you lot have any right to make fun of McGregor nuthuggers anymore. You're cut from the same cloth.

He needs to fight Amanda Nunes or Velentina. He’s not getting the respect he deserves beating small men so let’s go to women.

Pretty amazing, but i'd agree with the cringe face thing.

TJ is old and probably will not be in his prime on return....... Cejudo needs to fight Yan/Sterling/Sandhagen if he wants to be considered Bantamweight GOAT.

Nowhere near as good as he thinks, especially since I don't feel he did enough to beat MM in the rematch.

TJ is old and probably will not be in his prime on return....... Cejudo needs to fight Yan/Sterling/Sandhagen if he wants to be considered Bantamweight GOAT.
Yea beating Cruz and TJ proves nothing. I'm not convinced until he beats the great legendary Sandhagen

respect 100%,the greatest athlete in the UFC deserved more.

High fighting IQ, perfect conditioning,versatile.

dethroned the champion with more ufc defenses.

Just because you beat a GOAT, doesnt make you a GOAT.

He became incredibly well rounded with top notch fight IQ and great skills everywhere.

He morphed into Conor McGregor to destroy Wilson Reis; not a top caliber opponent but it shows incredible diversity from Cejudo. He used his wrestling to get the job done against DJ, although he shouldn't have been declared the winner of that. He knew TJ would be compromised at 125, knew TJ is much slower than he is, and he knew pressure is how you stop kickers. He adapted against Moraes after having his leg destroyed and killed him in the pocket and on the ground. He knew leg kicks are the answer to Cruz and timed his duck unders.

he accomplished a lot but i consider most of his wins controversial or lucky

He is an Olympic gold medalist, and he is a two-division world champion who defend both of his belts successfully. It's hard to argue that Henry Cejudo isn't the greatest combat sports athlete of all time.
Like him or not, Cejudo is/was one of the best in the world.

Lol I barely know those names, they don't deserve even being mentioned near the triple C, Cejudo is a prize fighter now and he earned it.

he accomplished a lot but i consider most of his wins controversial or lucky

Most?
I find it ironic that Demetrious Johnson--his only phony win by my reckoning--took the decision in stride while Dillashaw and Cruz complained bitterly about the ref having to save them from Cejudo.
If they had just accepted their defeats graciously, I doubt anyone would be saying the above about Cejudo.

Yea beating Cruz and TJ proves nothing. I'm not convinced until he beats the great legendary Sandhagen

In fairness, after Cruz' long layoff, Sandhagen may well be the greater challenge.

Similar to how DC isnt undefeated at either LHW or HW but is the Only UFC double champ to have defences at both divisions...making him the P4P MMA GOAT

He's certainly becoming elite. I think it's a shame he's retired when he still seems to be getting better (though I'm not sure I buy the retirement).

But like he said, he's not the GOAT wrestler, he's not the MMA GOAT, but if you combine the two then there's an argument there I guess.

Back