• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Media Nunes vs Spencer | Thoughts?

Don't care about the fight but would definitely eat Felicia's ass :D.

It will be the polar opposite of the GDR fight, with Nunes doing everything to keep it standing.

Spencer has a legit ground game and is super tough, so I think she has a much better chance than many are giving her credit for.

If it stays standing for any length of time she might be in trouble, but if it hits the ground it gets interesting.

Not even sure who Spencer is tbh. Would have to go dig through the fight library
Former Invicta champ, great grappler. Smoked Megan Anderson in her debut, impressed with her toughness against Cyborg. Crushed a can in her last fight.

She's good. I like her.

Spencer is tough. Brawler in the clinch, good grappler. Nunes is clearly the better striker & can finish on the ground if necessary against inferior grapplers like Germaine de Randamie. Nunes should be the big favorite. To make it more entertaining root for the underdog.

a pretty big mismatch. unless nunes has never learned to defend a basic takedown she should have this. spencer is just a punching bag

a pretty big mismatch. unless nunes has never learned to defend a basic takedown she should have this. spencer is just a punching bag

???
Nunes is a competent grappler herself, A blackbelt in BJJ under Raphael Carvalho & I think a brown belt in Judo, Don't undersell her grappling. Actually I think she is a better grappler than Felicia.

Top level competitive match making is all I will say

???
Nunes is a competent grappler herself, A blackbelt in BJJ under Raphael Carvalho & I think a brown belt in Judo, Don't undersell her grappling. Actually I think she is a better grappler than Felicia.
I think Nunes is one of those people that don't offer much off their back. You wouldn't want Nunes in any top positions but ffs GDR locked up a triangle on her.

I think Nunes is one of those people that don't offer much off their back. You wouldn't want Nunes in any top positions but ffs GDR locked up a triangle on her.

It happens to the best of the best. For example take Jacare's fight against Hermansson or Mark Hunt vs Werdum. Joker totally shut out Jacare's entire game & Werdum couldn't do anything on the ground against Hunt.

It happens to the best of the best. For example take Jacare's fight against Hermansson or Mark Hunt vs Werdum. Joker totally shut out Jacare's entire game & Werdum couldn't do anything on the ground against Hunt.
Hermansson is a lifelong wrestler... GDR shouldn't have been able to do anything on the ground to someone with the pedigree of Nunes. I have yet to see Nunes threaten on the bottom so if Spencer gets on top of her the fight could very well be over.

Hermansson is a lifelong wrestler... GDR shouldn't have been able to do anything on the ground to someone with the pedigree of Nunes. I have yet to see Nunes threaten on the bottom so if Spencer gets on top of her the fight could very well be over.

Then what about Mark Hunt? He almost pulled a kimura over Fedor when he (Hunt) was green & just started his MMA career. These sorts of things are just outliers.

Then what about Mark Hunt? He almost pulled a kimura over Fedor when he (Hunt) was green & just started his MMA career. These sorts of things are just outliers.
I'll give you that one but the point is Nunes is not dangerous off her back, too many fights where she does nothing off her back.

And if these 'outliers' can happen with GDR they can more than happen with Felicia Spencer, lol.

Hope Nunes leaves her face down, ass up for making that 6 inch comment.

What’s the matter little fella? Hit too close to home or something.

She was asked about the height difference between Megan and herself. She answered by saying 6 inches didn’t impress her much.

The only reason Spencer is given a title fight is because Nunes doesn't want to bother cutting weight. They should scratch the whole division after that.

I don't even think she is that much better on the ground. In the UFC, Spencer as only outgrappled people who have literally some of the worst ground games we have ever seen in the modern days.
imho it would be better to scrap bantamweight and just go on with featherweight instead.
fighters wouldn´t need to cut much weight anymore if all the 135ers would just fight at 145. And maybe in the future there will be heavyer women who will be any good.
best would be right now to have everone above 135 just be women heavyweight with no restrictions, but as there is even a limit on male heavyweights that is propably impossible.

Back