It's time for Woodley to retire.

Utahraptor Ostrommaysi

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tyron Woodley is one of my favorite fighters, but it's clear that he is either past his prime and doesn't have it physically anymore. Or at the very least he doesn't have it mentally anymore. Or both.
And at 38, Tyron isn't getting any younger, and he probably won't be getting a title shot anytime soon. It's time for Tyron Woodley to hang up the gloves, and take his rightful place in the Hall of Fame. Discuss.

Maybe.

Burns is no joke.

If Woodley looked that bad against an average WW, then fine.

But losing to Usman and Burns doesnt mean one is terrible.

I wouldnt mind one more fight.
Perhaps. I would like to see how Woodley would do against a Journeyman type of guy. Someone who isn't a total scrub, but someone who ins't necessarily an elite per se. It could be the thing that he need to get his confidence back. Mike Perry where you at?

Last edited:
No excuses, Burns is a hell of a fighter. But my point is Woodley is 38 and he has nothing left to prove. I think it's time for him to hang up the gloves.
38 isnt too old for mma humans have evolved alot 40 is the new 30 maia nd others are 42 fighting and still doing well

fuk im 29 and plan to have 10 years of a career left tyron just got out classes everytime tyron cant make his gameplan work he tends to fold he will stand tall and put his back to the fence i noticed it first vs rory then he did it against vs marty and tonight

some guys do great when the game plan works and others fold when it isnt going well for them

It's time for him to truly start his dreams of becoming a full time rap artist

Seems like an style/mental thing, he simply cant pull the trigger anymore, the 2nd round he came out strong and looked good...for a minute.

38 isnt too old for mma humans have evolved alot 40 is the new 30 maia nd others are 42 fighting and still doing well

fuk im 29 and plan to have 10 years of a career left tyron just got out classes everytime tyron cant make his gameplan work he tends to fold he will stand tall and put his back to the fence i noticed it first vs rory then he did it against vs marty and tonight

some guys do great when the game plan works and others fold when it isnt going well for them

You can plan whatever you want lol..

38 is not 28 pure scientific facts

You can plan whatever you want lol..

38 is not 28 pure scientific facts
and tons fighters are doing great in their mid 30s 15 years ago people were said to retire by 28 and now fighters are getting better and better i turned pro at 20 in early 2012 and i still feel im getting stronger the older i get and better 38 isnt to old for mma nowadays esp since tyron hasnt taken bad punishment

u know why.......
No I actually don't, His fights are mostly boring and he whinier and more entitled than anyone. he also does dumb shit like call out conor and nate when he's a welterweight champion.

Maybe you're alluding to him being black? I see a black man every time I look in the mirror, so it's not as appealing to me i guess.

No I actually don't, His fights are mostly boring and he whinier and more entitled than anyone. he also does dumb shit like call out conor and nate when he's a welterweight champion.

Maybe you're alluding to him being black? I see a black man every time I look in the mirror, so it's not as appealing to me i guess.
they like him cause of his whining tbh cant say certain things here so cant go into it to deeply

Yes, but some people go out of their prime earlier than others. (The same way some people hit their primes earlier than others) Anderson was 38 when he started losing. My fear is that if Woodley sticks around too long he will embarrass himself and go on a huge losing streak like Anderson and BJ did.

Back