It's time for Woodley to retire.

Woodley a former WW champ lost to Gilbert Burns who lost to Lightweight Dan Hooker who lost to Featherweight Edson Barboza LMAO.

Edson Barboza is 5'11" and wtf is he doing at Featherweight? He should fight at Welterweight, he might not be so drain. He might be even more powerful at WW.

I think it's less to do with Woodley being done and more with him being figured out. It's been known for a while Woodley does not handle pressure well. If you can at least keep him on the back foot and not going forward at all, then he gets it taken to him because then all he has is that bomb of a right hand. If anything, Burns showed he's ready to scrap with the elite of welterweight

I think his time at the top is over, if he wants to focus on a terrible rap career for 3 years before rekindling his passion for fighting like a gullible chump then sure what ever.. Dude was ranked 1st behind Usman until tonight and still only lost via Decision, lets not get carried away, he's about a million miles away Diego Sanchez or Cowboy Cerrone or Matt Brown etc.

I think it's less to do with Woodley being done and more with him being figured out. It's been known for a while Woodley does not handle pressure well. If you can at least keep him on the back foot and not going forward at all, then he gets it taken to him because then all he has is that bomb of a right hand. If anything, Burns showed he's ready to scrap with the elite of welterweight
Maybe, still I think that the old Woodley would have put up a better fight than he did tonight. But maybe I'm biased because as I said, he is one of my favorites.
It's hard to know for sure. Like I said in another post, I would like to see how Tyron would do against a journeyman type of fighter.

Maybe, still I think that the old Woodley would have put up a better fight than he did tonight. But maybe I'm biased because as I said, he is one of my favorites.
It's hard to know for sure. Like I said in another post, I would like to see how Tyron would do against a journeyman type of fighter.

I can respect that, it's hard not to be biased when it's your fav fighter, I'm the same way with Dom Cruz and Anderson Silva.

I'm with you though, I want to see how he does against the middle of the pack fighters in his next outing and see how he looks. Should be interesting going forward if you're a woodley fan.

His last really entertaining fight was the draw with Wonderboy in 2016... so I certainly won't miss him.

lmaoooooooooooooooo

im white and have more hood cred than him
giphy.gif

Street cred...

I can respect that, it's hard not to be biased when it's your fav fighter, I'm the same way with Dom Cruz and Anderson Silva.

I'm with you though, I want to see how he does against the middle of the pack fighters in his next outing and see how he looks. Should be interesting going forward if you're a woodley fan.
I would like to see Tyron fight Perry or Cowboy. Could be a fun scrap.

I would like to see Tyron fight Perry or Cowboy. Could be a fun scrap.

I like that cowboy fight, slow starter vs what I sometimes call inactivity, would give both fighters a chance to shine, can Woodley find that bomb or does cowboy stay at kickboxing range and take a ud. Personally until I see otherwise, I take Woodley over cowboy and Perry for that matter. Another name id like to throw in there is Neol magny, that Leon Edwards fight would be cool too since they booked it but it got covid 19'd I was kinda into that one.

He’s not taking major damage, he should keep making money until he does.

Who's going to pay him when he's just showing up?

He's 1 level above Bob Sapp levels of phoning it in and has been for years.

I like that cowboy fight, slow starter vs what I sometimes call inactivity, would give both fighters a chance to shine, can Woodley find that bomb or does cowboy stay at kickboxing range and take a ud. Personally until I see otherwise, I take Woodley over cowboy and Perry for that matter. Another name id like to throw in there is Neol magny, that Leon Edwards fight would be cool too since they booked it but it got covid 19'd I was kinda into that one.
Yep.

He's a great fighter and he has a lot of finishes. I don't see what not to like about him.

- drama queen
- always complains about UFC
- begging to money fights vs Conor, GSP and Nick
- got a TS after only two wins and he complained that UFC give Wonderboy a TS because he was white, even though Wboy was on a 7 fights winning streak

Back