News Conor McGregor on ESPN: "I would go in there and put Silva away and they would say he's old"

I would go in there and put him away, Ariel, and then what would happen? They'd say he's old and he's over the hill and he's past his prime and all.

Boo hoo hoo, cry me a river. There's people who make it their life's work to discredit every Stipe win that way (except for Ngannou, then they say he was too green). And Stipe never fought someone FOURTEEN YEARS older than himself.

I mean.....Anderson is closer to 50 than he is to 40. He's old as fuck. That said, he's still a pretty dangerous fight, so I'd be somewhat impressed if McGregor beat him, although I doubt he would.

Wasn't Randy that old when he won the HW championship? Or close to?

the stars aligned for him to do that though. he was coming off a KO loss to Chuck and Tim had an injured back. in reality he should've been no where near a title shot.

What the actual fuck is conor talking about? He’s not serious is he..?

I know, but I think he would beat Conor.
Right, if he wins it won’t mean anything for his legacy but in the off chance that he loses it would be humiliating. Chin goes to glass overnight once fighters reach a certain age, look no further than Fedor getting KOd by a jab..Silva is already going down the same path as other aging legends like BJ, Fedor, chuck. He should retire, he has nothing left to prove

Sure, he's old but he's much bigger. More interesting than the Adesanya or Cormier fights.

Anderson has been fighting since 1997. That is 23 years of MMA.
Randy beat Tim 10 years into his MMA career.

If you can't see the difference I can't help you.

Thanks for the offer, but I don't think I need the help. I would put my money on Anderson.

Right, if he wins it won’t mean anything for his legacy but in the off chance that he loses it would be humiliating. Chin goes to glass overnight once fighters reach a certain age, look no further than Fedor getting KOd by a jab..Silva is already going down the same path as other aging legends like BJ, Fedor, chuck. He should retire, he has nothing left to prove

Silva has 620,000 reasons to keep fighting. <45>

UFC 237 Salaries
Anderson Silva: $620,000 ($600,000 to show, $20,000 fight week incentive pay)

the stars aligned for him to do that though. he was coming off a KO loss to Chuck and Tim had an injured back. in reality he should've been no where near a title shot.

I agree with the title shot thing, I was pretty surprised that he did actually win then defend it at an old age.

Yes, Anderson is old and shouldn't be fighting but if he wants to then great. I think he would beat Conor.

Conor joining in on the drama?? No way!!!!

He is not wrong but maybe if he didn't just cherry pick an out of his prime Cowboy people wouldn't be so quick to point out that he is cherry picking old fighters. Such as Silva.

Like a said at first, Conor is almost definitely just getting in on the drama to get the money he wants for his next fight.

I’d just go in there and lose to cm punk and everyone would be like “he’s a fake wrestler dude” and I’d just have no respect

This is a form of tantrum ..when you don't get everything your way <Lmaoo>

Back