News Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk Undisputed Heavyweight title fight is set to take place in Saudi Arabia on May 18

Who wins?

• Total voters
The reality is that only the very best beat Fury on his best day, Usyk is a slight favourite, but I still think Fury will win. The hate is insane to be honest, man he's acted the right prick, but this is boxing, most boxers at some point or another act the wank. Big John beat him for me, and I watched it at the time, and was fucking amazed to be honest, but he beat him in the rematch. His dad is a fuck knuckle, and Fury has had some lackluster performances, and said some pue shite but jesus some of these posts are like he's related to Bill Gates or some shit. We got guys in this game murdered people, raped people, beat women etc, getting less shit. If Fury wins I'll literally be able to smell the boiling piss through the screen.

Fury realistically lost the first McDermott fight. A fat fella as well. He could've just as easily lost to Wallin on that nasty cut and to Wilder in the 1st fight if the ref didn't give him the benefit of the doubt. If Fury does beat Usyk then there's no debate. He's yet to do that.
Looking at how other people scored it on boxrec it was a draw. also he easily beat him in the rematch and that was while he was what? 20? Why the hell would he have lost to Wallin or Wilder? There are rules in boxing and according to the rules he beat both of them easily. Why should you stop a fight because of some cut if the ringdoctor thinks the fighter is good to go? Because you wish they would stop it cause you cant stand Fury. He won that fight 8-4 and the Wilder fight realistically he also won.

So we agree anyway. The winner of the fight Fury vs Usyk is number 1. If Usyk batters Fury we can argue about wether its Joshua or Fury at number 2. But if Fury beats Usyk it will be 1.Fury 2.Usyk.

Looking at how other people scored it on boxrec it was a draw. also he easily beat him in the rematch and that was while he was what? 20? Why the hell would he have lost to Wallin or Wilder? There are rules in boxing and according to the rules he beat both of them easily. Why should you stop a fight because of some cut if the ringdoctor thinks the fighter is good to go? Because you wish they would stop it cause you cant stand Fury. He won that fight 8-4 and the Wilder fight realistically he also won.

So we agree anyway. The winner of the fight Fury vs Usyk is number 1. If Usyk batters Fury we can argue about wether its Joshua or Fury at number 2. But if Fury beats Usyk it will be 1.Fury 2.Usyk.
I don't know anyone that really thinks Fury deserved the McDermott decision. It was a gift. I said that the Wallin fight could've been stopped on that terrible cut and it likely would've been if Fury wasn't the A-side in that one. It's also reasonable to say that the first Wilder fight could've been stopped. Few people would've complained had Jack Reiss not given him the benefit of the doubt.

Fury will be the undisputed champion if he beats Usyk. Nobody can take that away from him, however, he should still fight Joshua to prove that he was actually the better man head-to-head. He's never wanted that fight.

I don't know anyone that really thinks Fury deserved the McDermott decision. It was a gift. I said that the Wallin fight could've been stopped on that terrible cut and it likely would've been if Fury wasn't the A-side in that one. It's also reasonable to say that the first Wilder fight could've been stopped. Few people would've complained had Jack Reiss not given him the benefit of the doubt.

Fury will be the undisputed champion if he beats Usyk. Nobody can take that away from him, however, he should still fight Joshua to prove that he was actually the better man head-to-head. He's never wanted that fight.
I agree he was lucky the ref didnt stop the fight against Wilder. But looking back at how fast Fury recovered and how strong he finished the round it would have been the wrong call.

I agree with this. Technically he could have lost Wilder 1 but given how the last round went after the knockdown and how it led into Wilder 2, it would have been a travesty and Fury deserved to not lose.
The McDermott fight was close, and he KOd the guy in the rematch to silence any doubt. Bit like people still clinging onto controversial Groves Froch 1 even after the rematch proved decisive.
It wasn’t like AJ- Ruiz 1 where AJ quit, there is no quit in Fury.

Yes, the body work in the second fight was definitely Joshua's best moment across both fights and it only slowed Usyk down in the round that it consistently occurred. As soon as he went back to the corner he came out looking fresh. All it did was light a fire in him to close the fight strong and win the rest of the rounds. I agree. No fighter, not even the most elite, like it to the body. Especially the liver.
you know the saying - people can have iron chins but no one has an iron body.

The reality is that only the very best beat Fury on his best day, Usyk is a slight favourite, but I still think Fury will win. The hate is insane to be honest, man he's acted the right prick, but this is boxing, most boxers at some point or another act the wank. Big John beat him for me, and I watched it at the time, and was fucking amazed to be honest, but he beat him in the rematch. His dad is a fuck knuckle, and Fury has had some lackluster performances, and said some pue shite but jesus some of these posts are like he's related to Bill Gates or some shit. We got guys in this game murdered people, raped people, beat women etc, getting less shit. If Fury wins I'll literally be able to smell the boiling piss through the screen.
i think Usyk is among the very best, im pulling for him and i think he will win. but even if Fury wins, i wont be mad. itll be the best win on his resume next to Klitschko. and Usyk will still be rightly thought of as a generational fighter and one of the top 3 cruiserweights ever.
if Fury does win i hope he defends his titles and takes boxing seriously, because when he does he is capable of great performances. i feel that if Usyk wins this fight and the rematch, he's retiring.

The McDermott fight was close, and he KOd the guy in the rematch to silence any doubt. Bit like people still clinging onto controversial Groves Froch 1 even after the rematch proved decisive.
It wasn’t like AJ- Ruiz 1 where AJ quit, there is no quit in Fury.
I hear you, but this logic always troubles me. It's like saying Ward stopped Kovalev in the rematch so he silenced doubt of the first fight. I don't think that logic really makes sense. They are separate.

Oleksandr Usyk: I've Been Preparing For This Fight For 22 Years

I hear you, but this logic always troubles me. It's like saying Ward stopped Kovalev in the rematch so he silenced doubt of the first fight. I don't think that logic really makes sense. They are separate.

It doesn’t make sense, it tends to come from fans of the guy that got the undeserved nod.

Not reasonable at all that would have been a horrible call by the ref. There is a 10 count for a reason. So a fighter can beat it. A ref sometimes stops it right away after a knockdown if they think the fighter has taken to much punishment, but Fury was barely getting hit in that fight. Should Roy Jones have been KO'd by Lou Del valle, or Inoue in his most recent fight? Of course not.

Well we're going to have to agree to disagree because I think Ward stopping Kovalev is another perfect example of silencing the doubters. There must be almost no one left who thinks Groves was better than Froch, Kovalev better than Ward or Wilder better than Fury.
Edit: I suppose thinking in terms of statistics each fighter could have won each of those fights and if they had gone to the fighter with lowest real chance of winning we would think the wrong fighter is "better" and therefore we should stick with our own appraisal of each fighter rather than who won each event, but that is almost impossible for me at least, and I don't think anyone really thinks of boxing like that.

Last edited:
Not reasonable at all that would have been a horrible call by the ref. There is a 10 count for a reason. So a fighter can beat it. A ref sometimes stops it right away after a knockdown if they think the fighter has taken to much punishment, but Fury was barely getting hit in that fight. Should Roy Jones have been KO'd by Lou Del valle, or Inoue in his most recent fight? Of course not.
Strong first post. If you think that flash knockdowns are comparable to what happened to Fury against Wilder in that last round of the first fight then you're genuinely clueless. Fury said it himself, he was momentarily out. BTW I was glad that the ref made the right call there. I used to be a huge Fury fan until his antics drove me and everybody else away.

Strong first post. If you think that flash knockdowns are comparable to what happened to Fury against Wilder in that last round of the first fight then you're genuinely clueless. Fury said it himself, he was momentarily out. BTW I was glad that the ref made the right call there. I used to be a huge Fury fan until his antics drove me and everybody else away.
It doesn't matter if you call it a "flash Knockdown" Both Inoue and Jones were hurt and got back up to recover and come back just like Fury. The ref doesn't call it because he thinks the fighters is out. How about Holmes vs Shaver was that a "flash knockdown" .. It gets called because the fighter took too much punishment [ Taylor vs Chavez for example]. If your gonna stop a fight because a fighter " looks like he might be "outcold" why have a 10 count at all? Or if you stop it because he is outcold then why have a 10 count ..

P.S .. I don't really give a hoot who you are a fan of, and I doubt anyone else does, so why mention it?

It doesn't matter if you call it a "flash Knockdown" Both Inoue and Jones were hurt and got back up to recover and come back just like Fury. The ref doesn't call it because he thinks the fighters is out. How about Holmes vs Shaver was that a "flash knockdown" .. It gets called because the fighter took too much punishment [ Taylor vs Chavez for example]. If your gonna stop a fight because a fighter " looks like he might be "outcold" why have a 10 count at all? Or if you stop it because he is outcold then why have a 10 count ..

P.S .. I don't really give a hoot who you are a fan of, and I doubt anyone else does, so why mention it?
Except the only way to know if it was the right call is for the ref to give the fighter the benefit of the doubt. Most refs don't do that anymore. It's considered old school reffing nowadays. While it was the correct decision Fury absolutely benefitted from Jack Reiss not stopping the fight when many other refs would've. Since you think flash knockdowns are BS though, here's the definition.

Flash knockdown​

A flash knockdown occurs when a fighter is knocked down but gets up quickly and shows little or no ill-effects.
It is sometimes called a no-count.
A flash knockdown usually occurs when a fighter is caught off balance or off guard.
It counts the same as any other knockdown, and the fighter who suffers a flash knockdown must take a mandatory eight-count.

Show me one decent ref that stopped a fight from a knockdown in the first round when the fighter who got knocked down was taking no damage, and was winning and then suddenly got knocked down, and didn't get the benefit of a count?

Inoue did show effects from being dropped, so did Jones. They both went on the defensive after and looked shook up briefly.

Did you read the last sentence?

Last edited:
Did you read the last sentance?
You must be new to boxing. Most refs will not give a count if they think a fighter is out. Jack Reiss gave him one, Fury barely beat it, and the fight resumed. Fury got violently dropped to the canvas. The optics of that alone have gotten fights immediately waved off.

Back