Media Dana White claims Conor McGregor declined replacement opportunity that Gaethje ended up taking

Stuck in Ireland - but I honestly doubt he would have taken that fight on short notice anyway.

Shame, because, had he swept in and took out Tony, the hype for Khabib v McGregor 2 would be unmatched.

It would also have been Conor 2.0 confirmed.

he was stuck in ireland, not fare to blame him on that.

However you can blame him on making fun of khabib being in stuck russia. Big Hypocrisy from the notorious one.
Conor-McGregor-UFC-News-2396792.webp

Conrad is a hypocritical liar

To be fair someone in Conor's position really shouldn't be a replacement fighter. He's bigger than that whether you like him or not. I feel like Dana's trying to put negative stories and critiques out there, whether it's Conor, Jones or Mas, so as to distract from his habitual low balling when it comes to finances.

And as I recall Conor did bail out Dana by accepting short notice fights on at least two occasions, the Mendes fight and the first Diaz fight. But it's funny how quick those favors are forgotten when Dana has a target in his crosshairs.

I don't usually defend Conor, but at the time Conor had just gone on social media and made a speech to the Irish government to start a lockdown, imploring people to stay home etc.
He would've looked like a pretty big douche to do that, and then take a fight and fly to the US. Not that he's opposed to looking like a giant douche. But Dana being a bit disingenuous here IMO.

Stuck in Ireland - but I honestly doubt he would have taken that fight on short notice anyway.

Shame, because, had he swept in and took out Tony, the hype for Khabib v McGregor 2 would be unmatched.

It would also have been Conor 2.0 confirmed.
lol he wasn't KOing tony, and conor can't go 5 rounds. If the tony vs gaethje fight showed one thing, is that Tony legit beat conor.

What a fraud

Didn't this guy say he would fight anywhere anytime?

How are the Conor fanboys gonna spin this one?
It’s bullshit from Dana. No one was coming to USA from outside at that point. That was the only reason Khabib couldn’t fight in first place.

Who would have thought?

In 2017 Conor was basically running the show, he was Dana's boy

In 2020 Dana goes on live TV and confirms that Conor has ducked Tony Ferguson under the excuse that he is not a "replacement fighter" and is upset he can't get what he wants

ROFL

How are the Conor fanboys gonna spin this one?

I'm not going to. What's to spin? Maybe a guy said something recently that conflicts with something he said prior to that?

Back