• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Rumored Signs pointing to Mike Perry hitting girlfriend before fight video started

Wow that is INSANELY accurate!

I've thought this for a while. The guy comes in and has a highlight reel debut, has the physical gifts, but can't quite put it together. His personality is like Phil's if Phil were a total thug from Florida.

People defending Perry are ignoring the context of him acting like a douchebag.before the incident with the fat, old guy. If news articles are accurate, Perry assaulted the friend or cousin of his girl which is what started it all. Then when an employee of the place asked him to leave, Perry punched him too.

I actually saw one post from a total moron on here who acted like if it wasn't on video, it didn't happen. lol

There's a video of him hitting the woman?

cos' I've only seen a video where the old guys gets insulted, tries to get physical and gets lamped.

I honestly don't know. I guess it was just garden variety assault. At any rate, there are multiple witnesses saying he assaulted his girl's friend and that's what started all this in the first place. It's not like Mike was just minding his own business sipping his drink when people started to randomly step to him. lol

You said he's got a history of domestic violence.

Has he got a history or you just going off this vid and running with it?

My opinion is never worth more than facts. That anyone would "value" any opinion off social media cuts right to the core of the issue I have with this scenario. Whether I say Mike Perry is or is not a douchbag is irrelevant. It is inconsequential although some people want, and in some cases need to add relevance to how vociferously they can express their opinions on social media

Well I agree with you there. I think facts/evidence and context are extremely important and what ultimately matters.

But I think we are free to speculate as well, we're on an MMA forum and the internet. And therefore I'm not stating this as fact or even a claim, but I think it's somewhat childish to assume Perry wasn't in the wrong to some degree.

You obviously didn't watch the Joe Mixon video so here you go, it will take about 30 seconds of your time:

Is that justified? Allegedly someone called him a ni---- or even hard R maybe prior to it (doubt it btw, race card defense likely). Personally I don't think that justifies violence, especially in this case. That girl posed no threat, that's an NFL blue chip prospect RB, an A-level athlete on steroids 210-220lbs of muscle. Clearly there was no threat.

So my point is, while it's not 100% equivalent, the old man did not pose any real threat to Perry, perhaps he shoved him first as it seems, but the response was not justified at all. Btw Mixon got off with a slap on the wrist and plays for the Bengals and has for a few years now. I think the odds of Perry being cut are 50/50. I don't see the facts coming out in this situation and particularly helping Perry at all, but maybe he didn't hit his GF as this thread suggests.

The focus in this thread is that Mike allegedly hit his girlfriend, and your response is that the girlfriend is wrong for leaving the scene? I hope I’m interpreting this in the wrong way.
I didn't get the impression he hit her, no one knows who's who or who was hit etc, I was replying with the assumption she just left I think that's what someone before me wrote, and I was also making a general statement, there's no evidence that she was even there at all from what I can see

If someone is a big enough idiot to be getting into street fights as an adult their "girlfriend" should walk away, and not just walk away in that moment, but walk away forever. You morons that think this behavior is ok are just that, fucking morons who never grew up.
What are you talking about, of course I don't think it's ok. I don't think it's ok to just leave when you are the one person who can do something about it though. Leaving the scene is selfish imo, nothing was going to happen to her with 10+ people around and she could have calmed him down being his sweet little fucking peanut cupcake thing. That's all assuming that she was even there and left him as soon as he started acting crazy. As far as I read through here, no one seems to know for sure what happened and who was there it's all speculation

I can't stand these girls that just flee the scene when their guy is doing crazy shit, of all people there you probably have the most power to speak some sense into the guy. Don't know if that's what happened obviously, but saw similar shit outside my window recently, two guys going after eachother, girl tries one time to stop it and then just walks off, when it was clear neither guy wanted her to get hurt and were both responding to her, it's like she just couldn't be bothered and let them fight.

Obviously Perry is an idiot and needs to take responsibility for his actions, but what kind of a relationship do you have where you just leave at a time like that
how do you know she didnt?i like perry but this is really dumb,even for mikes standarts.guy needs serious professional help or he is going to jail for good soon.

I tink we got mike red handed here. Dead to rights. Let's lock him up and trow away the fookin key!

A guy prone to fits of anger and violence, who reportedly has a history of hitting women. And people are surprised he's allegedy hit another one? Don't get me wrong, people can change. But more often than not, they don't.

Not until the facts and details come out, no I don't know think he should be cut until then.

And nah, these guys (and girls) are trained fighters. It's what they do. If someone is being a douchebag to them or legitimately threatening them or their family and they just beat the fuck out of that person, then why should they be cut?

Even two douches in a bar, like McGregor probably (albeit an old man) or some neutral sided fight, I don't think that necessarily warrants an auto-cut.

You can't actually believe what you just wrote, right!? You think it's ok for grown adults, especially trained fighters, to just get into fights and "beat the fuck" out of people?? Mature adults walk away from situations like that or don't even get themselves into that position in the first place. What the fuck is wrong with you that you think this is acceptable behavior?

how do you know she didnt?i like perry but this is really dumb,even for mikes standarts.guy needs serious professional help or he is going to jail for good soon.
I don't know, I read a post that she just left soon as he started acting up, I was just going off that. I think she should have just stayed there to the end anyway, it's not like he's attacking everyone in that video, he's just acting like an idiot, if she was there she should have just kept trying to calm him down imo, who knows wtf even took place though

I can't stand these girls that just flee the scene when their guy is doing crazy shit, of all people there you probably have the most power to speak some sense into the guy. Don't know if that's what happened obviously, but saw similar shit outside my window recently, two guys going after eachother, girl tries one time to stop it and then just walks off, when it was clear neither guy wanted her to get hurt and were both responding to her, it's like she just couldn't be bothered and let them fight.

Obviously Perry is an idiot and needs to take responsibility for his actions, but what kind of a relationship do you have where you just leave at a time like that
You are so stupid.

What evidence do we have that he hit her? All I see is a woman saying, 'Lets go Mike'..

You can't actually believe what you just wrote, right!? You think it's ok for grown adults, especially trained fighters, to just get into fights and "beat the fuck" out of people?? Mature adults walk away from situations like that or don't even get themselves into that position in the first place. What the fuck is wrong with you that you think this is acceptable behavior?

Why do you watch MMA then? Why are you here?

If you think it's so morally reprehensible to defend yourself in justified situations (which I said) then I'm just confused as to why you watch people beat the shit out of each other for entertainment.

By your own beliefs aren't you a bad person for taking such joy and entertainment for doing so?

There's a video of him hitting the woman?

cos' I've only seen a video where the old guys gets insulted, tries to get physical and gets lamped.

You said he's got a history of domestic violence.

Has he got a history or you just going off this vid and running with it?

No, I already said I didn't know that. I probably went by something I read on here but you're a case in point for thinking if it's not on video it didn't happen.

He bounced between Florida and Michigan. Was incarcerated in Florida.
Being incarcerated in Florida is not the same thing as being from Florida. He is from Flint Michigan. He is choosing to live in Florida as a Flint boy.

Why do you watch MMA then? Why are you here?

If you think it's so morally reprehensible to defend yourself in justified situations (which I said) then I'm just confused as to why you watch people beat the shit out of each other for entertainment.

By your own beliefs aren't you a bad person for taking such joy and entertainment for doing so?

Are you so morally bankrupt that you can't see the difference between prize fighting where both people are paid professionals and idiots getting into street fights? I'm 41 years old, you know how many times I've been in a position where I had to get into a fight as an adult? ZERO. You know why? Because I'm not a moron who acts out and provokes people. You're so completely delusional it's actually quite frightening.

Back