NYC: City Workers Install ‘Black Lives Matter’ Mural in New York

Milan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
It's happening.
A U.S. city painting the brand name in the streets, of an organization with ties to at least one 19th May Communist Order terrorist, responsible for the Capitol bombing in 1983, and of which the co-founder says they are trained Marxists.
Surely, there must be some federal law being broken here?

All Murals Matter!!

This mural, although a nice gesture...will do nothing to solve the skyrocketing murder and violent crime rates.

Let's be honest.
They have been waiting for this opportunity to paint a middle finger in front of Trump tower for a very long time.
De Blasio is virtue signaling, because that's all he got left.

great question.

1) more money pumped into poorer communities
2) more fathers taking resopnsible for their children and restoring of the nuclear family
3) ending war on drugs
4) prosecutor discretion when sentencing defendants for certain crimes

I dont disagree

How do we go avout doin this?

great question.

1) more money pumped into poorer communities
2) more fathers taking resopnsible for their children and restoring of the nuclear family
3) ending war on drugs
4) prosecutor discretion when sentencing defendants for certain crimes
#1 is wrong. We already spend a lot on ghettos via public schools and social/community programs

We need reform, specifically in the public schools, but not more money. A rearranging of the money, perhaps, where teachers get paid more and administration gets thrown to the curb.

But not more money. We’ve tried that, and we’re still trying it.

Mental healthcare for kids with PTSD, a return of manufacturing, quality schools, neighborhood enrichment programs, affordable housing and living wages.

I wonder if there's a group advocating for these things..
Libertarians?

Has he cried on Twitter about it yet?

Mental healthcare for kids with PTSD, a return of manufacturing, quality schools, neighborhood enrichment programs, affordable housing and living wages.

I wonder if there's a group advocating for these things..

Probably several groups . Its too congress isnt one of them

#1 is wrong. We already spend a lot on ghettos via public schools and social/community programs

More money has to be sent to poorer districts just to approach the funds that wealthier districts raise on their own. PTAs in middle class areas can raise tens of thousands of dollars per year. Meanwhile, poorer schools may not even have a functioning PTA, and if they do the community does not have money to give. They can't fundraise in a community with no funds.

So the end result poor schools with no money at all in the bank, and wealthy schools with more money than they could ever spend. A school with no money in the bank, a few miles from a school with 6-figures in the bank. If the local government sends more funds to the poor school, its not actually making them better funded, its trying to make up for the massive natural deficit they already face. Much of those funds go to community needs that are not needed in the wealthier community, like free breakfast/lunch/school supplies/etc.

We need reform, specifically in the public schools, but not more money. A rearranging of the money, perhaps, where teachers get paid more and administration gets thrown to the curb.

But not more money. We’ve tried that, and we’re still trying it.

What form of administration are you referring to?

I dont disagree

How do we go avout doin this?

re-appropriating funds from some place...awash with money...and pumping it into the black and hispanic communities?

I don't know...

I would be perfectly okay with dissolving the assets of the "Epi-Pen" company or other mammoth pharmaceutical company that has profited off of getting americans addicted.

then again, this would be grossly unconstitutional.
but this is the small inner Marxist in me that would participate in such a action. @AgonyandIrony

Back