UFC on ESPN 14: Whittaker vs. Till

That's my ONE problem with Trinaldo here. His freaking inactivity. He's just clearly the better overall fighter even at his age. Doesn't mean Herbert sucks, just that Trinaldo is perpetually underrated from a skillset perspective. But it is MADDENING how he sometimes just waits...and waits...and waits. He really should have gotten the W vs Hernandez, but on the flipside, he never really went after it to decisively put a stamp on any round either. Which is frustrating as hell when you see he's the better fighter.

Don't get me wrong, I'm on Trinaldo here for sure. I feel like I kinda...have to be LOL. But man if he goes in there and stands around and turns this into a boring fight that gives the judges a reason to possibly go the other way, I'm gonna be PISSED.

This would be a bigger problem if Herbert actually had an outside game. But he pretty much just leaps into an exchange with a 1-2. Maybe he does and hasn't shown us yet. More likely, in this matchup Herbert will create the engagements when he leads and he will be open for counters unless he's landing clean. Given the southpaw vs orthodox matchup here, I don't expect Herbert will find that right hand as easily against the punching bags he's been fighting in CW. If he does have that crazy accuracy against Trinaldo I'll be very impressed. But Trinaldo's advantage in the pocket should give him the final word in the exchanges, which should help the optics here. That's to say nothing about the ability for Trinaldo to just take Herbert down (although it's tough to bank on Trinaldo to change up his fighting style based on opponent).

Watching Ronson get hip thrown a dozen times in one PFL bout is really making that Dalby line look good to me.

Last edited:
props i like:
gustafsson dec. x 3.1
werdum by subx8
Herbert by dec. x 4.5
mauricio rua takedown over 0.5 x 1.62
whittaker takedown over 0.5 x 1.85
sobotta by finish x 5.25
antigulov rd1 x5

Trinaldo just weighed in at 160 lbs, missing by 4 lbs.

props i like:
gustafsson dec. x 3.1
werdum by subx8
Herbert by dec. x 4.5
mauricio rua takedown over 0.5 x 1.62
whittaker takedown over 0.5 x 1.85
sobotta by finish x 5.25
antigulov rd1 x5
Whats bookie have this Takedowns market?

On aspinal and the under. Collier just wants the paycheck

Fabricio looked very decent on the scales today...
That was sarcasm? I thought gustafsson looked horrible. Just chubby, I wonder how his movement will be with all this extra weight. This could be a very ugly fight....

That was sarcasm? I thought gustafsson looked horrible. Just chubby, I wonder how his movement will be with all this extra weight. This could be a very ugly fight....
No man not really. Werdum looks way better than he did vs oleinik (he was in terrible shape for that one tho). But Gus doesn't look thaat bad to me either, and werdum's latest comments i don't like that much. gus dec and werdum sub odds are ok but i think ill skip.

Can't believe aspinall is my only play lol

Back