• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

People that choose not to drive!

Do you drive

• Total voters
If you’re living in NY or SF, it makes sense to not drive. But just about anywhere else, save for Chicago, you should definitely drive. In my experience, the people I knew who didn’t, were mama’s boys. They were the type whose moms always cleaned up their messes, never disciplined them, and always babies them. They would latch onto friends, later in life, who they could depend on to do the same thing. This meant, they always relied on friends to drive them around. They simply knew they could get away with it. Inconvenient? A bit. But then they never had to be the DD when we went out drinking. They could always enjoy themselves. They never had any responsibility really.
Sounds like a good time

pretty much the same.

even a 5 minute drive stresses me out for some reason and I will put it off for hours. yet cars are one of my biggest passions

I’m like
Well, I’ve got to drive for my job
So I want something nice.
So I get something nice
And then I hate it because UK roads aren’t built for low profile big alloys
UK weather with all the salt on the road isn’t built for diamond cut wheels
UK speed bumps and high curbs aren’t built for low suspension and styling

so I trade in my sick car for a boring Golf with 15’s and standard suspension
Then I hate it.

never ending cycle
And right now during a pandemic I’m in negotiations to get yet another stupid one

I was a bit late to the party and didn't get my full drivers license until i was 25 but there are people who never get it. I have always been curious to what makes them decide this. I know a guy around 40 yrs old and he's never driven a car one time. Any Sherdoggers that don't drive care to chime in?

edit: to be clear this is not intended to shame anyone it's a personal choice just curious is all.

my situation is kind of odd lol. i got my license at sixteen, and was a daily driver up until twenty-six. then i moved into a large, condensed city, where having a car isn't beneficial, so i got rid of it. but now at forty, i've begun working outside of the city, so i went back to driving.

in my opinion, i'd rather not drive. not only do you get added-in daily exercise when you're walking everywhere, but there is something very free-spirited about being on the street-level. i think it's because you're a lot closer to the daily lives of others. this is of course all before this covid stuff. you'd find yourself interacting with people you normally wouldn't.

plus, driving is a stress. it's okay now with not much traffic. but when things go back to normal, i may find a way to go back to public transport. also, you can get work stuff done if you're on the metro or bus, etc.

Also driving is a really great way to get yourself into serious legal problems if you break the law at all.... or drink, or whatever.

So I do get it. But at the same time I still drive. fuck not being able to get around and having to rely on busses and shit. Its annoying

Girlfriends don't drive, side girls do

Reactions: Zer
If you live in a city that has mass public transportation like Chicago, New York, Philadelphia, etc then you may never need a drivers license and in fact may not need a car. However, if you live in Texas like this guy where everything is so spread out, cars become a lot more necessary.

I was a bit late to the party and didn't get my full drivers license until i was 25 but there are people who never get it. I have always been curious to what makes them decide this. I know a guy around 40 yrs old and he's never driven a car one time. Any Sherdoggers that don't drive care to chime in?

edit: to be clear this is not intended to shame anyone it's a personal choice just curious is all.
I know several people like this they only take public transportation or ride a bike to work but they still have a license. I hate taking public transit cause there are some violent weirdos who ride public transit.

I worked with 3 guys who didnt have a license nor did they want to get one. I live in a rural place with small towns so not havinga car and license isnt an option no public transportation. They usually bummed rides, walked , or had. Family drop them off. They were all in the 23-26 age range too. They just have no interest in it i guess.

I got my license when I was 16 but could probably count on one hand the amount of times I drove until 26.

Drive all the way to the end zone! Steeler Nation baby!

vintage-soda-vending-machine-unusual-images-inspirations-old-with-accompanying-cans.jpg

Pittsburgh_Steelers_logo.svg

Pittsburgh Steelers
Six-Time NFL SuperBowl Champions
Eight-Time AFC Champions
Steelers suck bud

I knew how to drive since I was 12 and had my license as a teen. I dont like to drive far that is why I work 2.5 miles from my house I usually bike to work or lyft twice a week. my weekly transportation expenses are probably 20 bucks. I basically just got my license because of the social stigma of not having one back then but as a get older I rather not drive.

I hate driving, especially since I totaled my truck in November and came like 1/8 inch from a slit throat via branch. But hey, you gotta do it. Vroom vroom go faster than feets.

the stakes are too fucking high. you're always two seconds away from getting into an accident or breaking the law, and nobody else on the road cares about anything but getting to their destination as fast as possible, regardless of how trivial their errand is. in america you can get ticketed for going the speed limit in the cruising lane for obstructing traffic. that's how insane people are here.

if things are close and public transportation is good, you can get around just as fast, even if it requires a little more planning.
driving is definitely a dangerous shit show. behind the wheel training needs to be way better and longer in the u.s and most licensed drivers don't even know the laws.

I know several people like this they only take public transportation or ride a bike to work but they still have a license. I hate taking public transit cause there are some violent weirdos who ride public transit.
Aren't you in the Los Angeles area? I'm in San Diego and when I had to take public transportation you see some straight characters. Have to keep your head on a swivel. Couldn't even imagine L.A. especially if your commute has to go by skidrow.

I personally don't care for driving much anymore. Probably because I have an automatic now. First few cars were all manual and I think that made driving more fun.

But I am amazed at how many people younger than me (I'm 33) don't drive. Tbh makes me feel safer because those are usually the people that are always on the phone with adult ADD.

I myself couldn't go without being able to drive anytime or anywhere I want to or more importantly need to. Can't catch an uber in a disaster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsalaanx
Back